Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

1 hour ago, whz1995 said:

Correct me if I was wrong, I believe there were few derailments on the (7) last year, two times in row in a week near 110ish th st.

I thought they were derailing near Willets Pt?

15 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought they were derailing near Willets Pt?

yeah, you are right. And they happened in 01/2017.

11 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

What is this a chart of?

Hate crimes.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

And we've reached the portion of Saturday afternoon where the (R) train just gives up...

60764189_455479328360319_302822016009266

I've been noticing more refurbished R160s on the (R) , not so much this week but last week

Posted (edited)

More Cuomo cars coming off: 9172 on the outside is a regular 160 without the blue/gold stripes but mated with NY ads 9883-7

Edited by Calvin

On 5/17/2019 at 8:42 PM, whz1995 said:

Correct me if I was wrong, I believe there were few derailments on the (7) last year, two times in row in a week near 110ish th st.

Those two derailments were back in February of 2017

How is there not one single trash can at GCT-42 St on the Downtown platform?

15 minutes ago, Deucey said:

How is there not one single trash can at GCT-42 St on the Downtown platform?

lol... Cost savings... I've had the same problem on the Uptown platform...

18 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

lol... Cost savings... I've had the same problem on the Uptown platform...

So save money paying someone $22/hr including benefits in exchange for paying thousands of dollars in FDNY fees and overtime and benefits and infrastructure repair due to track fires.

Seems logical if you don’t understand logic.

13 minutes ago, Deucey said:

So save money paying someone $22/hr including benefits in exchange for paying thousands of dollars in FDNY fees and overtime and benefits and infrastructure repair due to track fires.

Seems logical if you don’t understand logic.

Yup... (MTA) = More Trouble Ahead

I love how the (MTA) is finally doing deep cleanings to a lot of their newer cars. I really notice the difference especially with the R142’s and the converted R188’s. Hopefully the R143’s get done next, because honestly they look dirty inside and out. I feel like this is something that trains should get at least once a year because I think it’s a matter of image and having them look good. They should continue to clean out the light casings and clean the interior walls too.

Jamaica’s R160s always appear last to get anything. I haven’t seen any of them with the exit mats, yellow poles, or deep cleaned cars, beside the original 100 R160s that were wrapped but none of them have been cleaned. I find it funny how 40+ year old cars ( R46s) got more attention than the much younger R160s.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I feel like this is something that trains should get at least once a year because I think it’s a matter of image and having them look good. They should continue to clean out the light casings and clean the interior walls too.

I fully agree with you 

54 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I find it funny how 40+ year old cars ( R46s) got more attention than the much younger R160s.

I don't know what you mean by this.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I love how the (MTA) is finally doing deep cleanings to a lot of their newer cars. I really notice the difference especially with the R142’s and the converted R188’s. Hopefully the R143’s get done next, because honestly they look dirty inside and out. I feel like this is something that trains should get at least once a year because I think it’s a matter of image and having them look good. They should continue to clean out the light casings and clean the interior walls too.

Jamaica’s R160s always appear last to get anything. I haven’t seen any of them with the exit mats, yellow poles, or deep cleaned cars, beside the original 100 R160s that were wrapped but none of them have been cleaned. I find it funny how 40+ year old cars ( R46s) got more attention than the much younger R160s.

Jamaica wants to run their cars to the ground as they did with the R32’s... they’re the B division’s Version of Westchester yard. 😂🤣

Edited by VIP
  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VIP said:

Jamaica wants to run their cars to the ground as they did with the R32’s they’re the B division’s Westchester yard. 😂🤣

Yes, Jamaica is. It's not like there are worse performers (like a certain facility in Inwood)...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

I don't know what you mean by this.

He means those raggedy R46’s got a make over yet the 10 year old R160’s got neglected.

• LMAO! 1

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I dont think the R143's have been washed since 2010 from the looks of it.