SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Subwaytime is showing some (B) trains  out.Anyone know what that’s about?  

There are now 3 (B) trains downtown and appareatly one just left Brighton beach. Going to Bedford park.

Edited by Abba

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Axis said:

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

I’ve got questions myself...why are there (B) trains [supposedly] operating at all (much less to the Bronx this late into the evening rush) on a day like today?

If you mean going to the Bronx, without passengers: they're baseball special trains going back to the yard. 

They’re finally getting around to Deep cleaning Jamaica’s R160’s. R160’s 9778-9782/9498-9502 is the first set I’ve seen deep cleaned pulling put of CI yard this afternoon. 

Edited by VIP
Details

The (E) train I’m on left Jamaica Center at 905 PM and has been going sooooooooooooooooo painfully slow for the entire time it’s on QBL. Like...it REALLY does not need to take an hour to get from Jamaica Center to Port Authority.

And there REALLY REALLY is no need for an (E) train to take much longer than an (R) train leaving Forest Hills at the same time to reach Queens Plaza. i.e.; I should’ve just transferred to the (R) at Forest Hills.

On 5/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, Around the Horn said:

One of the statements that constantly get repeated around here is the idea that "The old (brownM) was empty" (and/or useless or whatever description you choose).

It is because West End customers want Chinatown/Midtown Manhattan service rather than Downtown Manhattan service. Same with Sea Beach. That is why the (brownM) was not well used. During the AM Rush, keep in mind it was pretty crowded heading from Northern Brooklyn to Manhattan (like it still is today) because it is the only line serving Flushing, Lorimer, and Hewes on that stretch while the (J) / (Z) skip them during this time.

53 minutes ago, Axis said:

Rode this exact same trip not even two weeks ago. Left Jamaica at 9:10, arrived at Port Authority at 9:43. No excuses for incompetence.

Sounds like your (E) was going slow due to a lot of slow zones due to track workers.. Where's their probably wasn't any track workers doing what they do on your trip two weeks ago.

16 hours ago, Axis said:

The (E) train I’m on left Jamaica Center at 905 PM and has been going sooooooooooooooooo painfully slow for the entire time it’s on QBL. Like...it REALLY does not need to take an hour to get from Jamaica Center to Port Authority.

And there REALLY REALLY is no need for an (E) train to take much longer than an (R) train leaving Forest Hills at the same time to reach Queens Plaza. i.e.; I should’ve just transferred to the (R) at Forest Hills.

It's really frustrating, I avoid the QBL as much as I can.

14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Sounds like your (E) was going slow due to a lot of slow zones due to track workers.. Where's their probably wasn't any track workers doing what they do on your trip two weeks ago.

But the problem is, the site will say "Good Service". That is certainly NOT good service.

2 hours ago, Elmhurst said:

Clearly a case of fare evasion.

There was some overcrowding at 79th Street on the (1) train last night during the PM rush thanks to an entrance on the other side that is closed for repairs. 

http://gothamist.com/2019/05/29/video_subway_platform_overcrowding.php 

As a longtime (1) line rider since childhood, I feel like service is slowly on the decline. Just today, I was on a Bronx-bound train that went express to 145th Street because of a train at 137th Street that had some issues. The (1) needs an improvement in terms of timing and more attention from the (MTA) in general as it has been getting crowded from riders of the (2), (3), (A) and (C), especially the weekends. 

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated

Has anyone looked into whether or not the HEETs are effective at combating farebeating? Often times I see people who are trying to exit just go for the emergency door to avoid dealing with them which leads to a flow of people bypassing fare control via the door.

26 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

Has anyone looked into whether or not the HEETs are effective at combating farebeating? Often times I see people who are trying to exit just go for the emergency door to avoid dealing with them which leads to a flow of people bypassing fare control via the door.

HEETs are effective, which is why they were installed in the first place. The problem is the emergency exits.