Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

3 minutes ago, Cabanamaner said:

I have a story to share about something I’ve observed for a year now. There is a door on the Queens-bound platform at Rockaway Avenue (C) that has been ROUTINELY vandalized on a daily basis. The culprit always advertises wanting to perform a sexual act on someone, followed by leaving their number at the bottom. It gets wiped each morning, only to reappear again that very night without fail. It’s gotten so bad that the MTA gave that door a fresh coat of paint, only for the message to reappear like a pimple on prom night. I don’t know whether to be creeped out or impressed at the dedication.

Certainly odd to say the least. Reminds me of how subway cars were vandalized with graffiti on a daily basis back in the 80's. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cabanamaner said:

I have a story to share about something I’ve observed for a year now. There is a door on the Queens-bound platform at Rockaway Avenue (C) that has been ROUTINELY vandalized on a daily basis. The culprit always advertises wanting to perform a sexual act on someone, followed by leaving their number at the bottom. It gets wiped each morning, only to reappear again that very night without fail. It’s gotten so bad that the MTA gave that door a fresh coat of paint, only for the message to reappear like a pimple on prom night. I don’t know whether to be creeped out or impressed at the dedication.

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Certainly odd to say the least. Reminds me of how subway cars were vandalized with graffiti on a daily basis back in the 80's. 

Galaxy brain solution: Get rid of the door

hqdefault.jpg

• LMAO! 13
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cabanamaner said:

I've seen something very similar at one of the entrances at Jay Street before. It was taken down (though no repeats occurred).

On 6/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, Lance said:

Haven't had to do a multi-page purge in a while. Yay me.

While the average member age leans younger, a certain degree of maturity is expected from everyone here on this forum. If that cannot be done, posting privileges can and will be restricted without warning. Civil discourse is very much welcome here; immature name-calling and other related nonsense is not tolerated.

I am off the forums for three days because of Shabbat and the holiday of Shavuot and look what happens. /s

• LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

This happens a lot to the R160’s from East NY too. This is exactly why we can’t have nice things, because there is always a fool out there that wants to be cool and destroy stuff. The way I see it is, if you want to draw and do art so badly go to a store that sells art supplies and buy yourself some paint, paintbrushes, sketch pads and etc.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Wait a minute, I thought 96th St/2nd Av had security systems to prevent this?

5 hours ago, Harry said:

That's actually graffiti...Wow i thought that was an graffiti cover ad.....Ny still have graffiti vandals... 

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, Bay Ridge Express said:

Next stop: The underpass at 66 on the (1) (hopefully)

That's heavily used for Lincoln Center.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:20 AM, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

The service statuses are changing, according to this twitter thread

So, they announced this on 6/3 but I have yet to see the change implemented.

16 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

That's heavily used for Lincoln Center.

I know, but just saying it also deserves a clean sometime.

1 minute ago, Italianstallion said:

?

mta-service-status-box___03143105980.png

12 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

It's more obvious on the new site, but the old one also shows them.

Of course, that's assuming that you access either at the right time.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Any reason why it's happening so late this year?

I heard it was swapped with busfest that just happened this past Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, Lawrence St said:

Wait a minute, I thought 96th St/2nd Av had security systems to prevent this?

Haven’t you heard the rumor and innuendo that 96th/2nd has become a foamer sanctuary?

Instead of Bloods and Crips 96th and 2nd allegedly has Conquesters and Codebreakers.

Edited by paulrivera
  • LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Cuomo customed cars are on the (E) and (F) . However, there are some (1) trains with the pride marking with all the subway lines in one heart. 

Edited by Calvin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Cuomo customed cars are on the (E) and (F) . However, there are some (1) trains with the pride marking with a  all the subways in one heart. 

I spotted those hearts on a few R62As today, and NYCT has mentioned it on Twitter. They started appearing on the (1) line just yesterday. Seems the (MTA) wants to commemorate Pride Month. 

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated

They reopened the 111st st station on JAM line. Its great to see that they could finish all the works in just five months. Which station will be next one to be rehabilitated?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Axis said:

This is EVERY...SINGLE...NIGHT.

You mean the picture being broken?

• LMAO! 1

I'm on a (Q) train every Thursday going to/from Avenue M. One time when I wad taking the (Q) train back from Avenue M after 2 (B) trains passed by by Express, the wye people laughing and enjoying their time on the (Q) train.

Why are people laughing and enjoying their time on a local train?

• LMAO! 1