Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

11 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Central Park West has lighter ridership at night when the museum is closed and the park itself is closed too. Plus, almost everyone on the (D) train are headed to/from the Bronx. Otherwise, they would have made it completely local except for the 6th Avenue Express portion. The (A) can handle Central Park West on its own.

Also, they might have to run extra trains if the (D) went local—to maintain frequency. An extreme example would be the additional cost of a quarter million dollars due to the (Q) running via tunnel instead of bridge:

8 hours ago, CenSin said:

Also, they might have to run extra trains if the (D) went local—to maintain frequency. An extreme example would be the additional cost of a quarter million dollars due to the (Q) running via tunnel instead of bridge:

I'm not even gonna front, but there's a certain someone who always posts pictures of the (D) going via local on Central Park West everytime that individual makes a photo thread of his own. Just curious, is it because the (A) is more than 20 minutes away (which I can understand), an overnight general order, a weekend general (both of which I can also understand as well), or he just really loves having the (D) go local on that stretch just because? Lol. Sorry, I just had to say it. 

Edited by Jemorie

Just took one of the special (M) trains to 145th Street. The signage on the outside of the train says “Last Stop”, and the automated announcements have it as an (M) to Myrtle-Wyckoff Aves. I guess there’s no program for an M to 145th Street. The look on people’s faces after 59th Street has been PRICELESS, so much confusion and very little signs explaining what’s  happening. The only thing more rare than an (M) on CPW would probably be the (W) on the Grand Concourse or the (D) to Far Rockaway. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cabanamaner said:

Just took one of the special (M) trains to 145th Street. The signage on the outside of the train says “Last Stop”, and the automated announcements have it as an (M) to Myrtle-Wyckoff Aves. I guess there’s no program for an M to 145th Street. The look on people’s faces after 59th Street has been PRICELESS, so much confusion and very little signs explaining what’s  happening. The only thing more rare than an (M) on CPW would probably be the (W) on the Grand Concourse or the (D) to Far Rockaway. 

MTA's method of waiting until the last minute to add or fix an AAS program is completely unprofessional. Remember the (F) via Broadway G.O and none of the (F) trains were signed up correctly because the program didnt exist yet? Or when the (W) started going to 96th St and the announcements were glitched and kept saying "This is a Queens bound (W) local train."? Does the agency not have a team to ensure that glitches like these are worked on BEFORE the actual G.O starts? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

MTA's method of waiting until the last minute to add or fix an AAS program is completely unprofessional. Remember the (F) via Broadway G.O and none of the (F) trains were signed up correctly because the program didnt exist yet? Or when the (W) started going to 96th St and the announcements were glitched and kept saying "This is a Queens bound (W) local train."? Does the agency not have a team to ensure that glitches like these are worked on BEFORE the actual G.O starts? 

That’s the same thing the (M) announcement says when it heads uptown to 145th

31 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

That’s the same thing the (M) announcement says when it heads uptown to 145th

Absolutely unprofessional. Remember when the (W) came back and they didnt update anything for 4 months? Ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Absolutely unprofessional. Remember when the (W) came back and they didnt update anything for 4 months? Ridiculous.

Smh 

That always happen when NTTs goes over a new line. Today is first ever in history (M) travels uptown on CPW Line.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Cabanamaner said:

Now you know how my C/R and I felt nightly when we had the first (5) R142’s to Utica. We refused to sign them up as (5) to Flatbush so we had Bowling Green destination signs. We had a TSS ride us one time who was critical of our procedure but we told him that we knew what we were doing. When we got to Bowling Green we made manual announcements from there to Franklin Avenue and really poured it on there. Luckily we had a great group of regular riders from the Redbird era who helped us out with those who were confused. IIRC it was a few months before the announcement problem was cleared up. We, too, wondered why it took so long to get corrected. Just my experiences. Carry on.

Edited by Trainmaster5
Added content
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Now you know how my C/R and I felt nightly when we had the first (5) R142’s to Utica. We refused to sign them up as (5) to Flatbush so we had Bowling Green destination signs. When we got to Bowling Green we made manual announcements from there to Franklin Avenue and really poured it on there. Luckily we had a great group of regular riders from the Redbird era who helped us out with those who were confused. IIRC it was a few months before the announcement problem was cleared up. We, too, wondered why it took so long to get corrected. Just my experiences. Carry on.

Wait, so you had Bowling Green signs in Manhattan, with the result that you kept off the train anyone who wanted to go to Brooklyn?

how would the (W) get on Grand Concourse?

The only thing more rare than an (M) on CPW would probably be the (W) on the Grand Concourse or the (D) to Far Rockaway. 

Or a (A)(C) train to Coney Island Stillwell Av 

11 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

Wait, so you had Bowling Green signs in Manhattan, with the result that you kept off the train anyone who wanted to go to Brooklyn?

Like I said we had regular folks who rode with us and, if we forgot the manual “ to Brooklyn “ part after the Bowling Green automated one they would chime in. We worked together for 13+ years and we had regular riders. If folks would pass us up the next five  (5)trains and the (4) trains in the mix all went to Utica . Most people on Lexington knew when the last train to Brooklyn was due.Never had a complaint.

Edited by Trainmaster5
Additional content

They also updated the interior destination signs on (M) trains says" To Middle Village".

Edited by bwwnyc123

I also enjoyed the (2) on Lex Av Line and riding it during overnight hours flying down the Express tracks meanwhile (4) and (6) are local.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, bwwnyc123 said:

I also enjoyed the (2) on Lex Av Line and riding it during overnight hours flying down the Express tracks meanwhile (4) and (6) are local.

Dosen't the (2) run local on Lexington?

22 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Dosen't the (2) run local on Lexington?

Whenever it’s rerouted to run on Lex, it usually runs express.

50 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Whenever it’s rerouted to run on Lex, it usually runs express.

Even during the night?

On 8/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lawrence St said:

I thought the (M) had a program to 145th street.

But honestly I agree with you and others on here. Why can’t the (MTA) just cover themselves especially when they know a (M) a (F) and a (E) can very well be rerouted up Central Park West. Yes it is rare, but so is a (D) train to Far Rockaway or a (C) to Stillwell Ave. 

I can’t stand how sloppy the MTA is and to make matters worst they were just signing (M) trains up to terminate anywhere along 6th Ave. I saw a train signed up to 42nd street Bryant Park, 34th Street, Essex Street, it was just a mess. Then the train crew had to say “this is not the last stop“ and so on.

10 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Even during the night?

Yes just like the (5) the past two weekends when it ran overnight, no need for three locals

59 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I thought the (M) had a program to 145th street.

But honestly I agree with you and others on here. Why can’t the (MTA) just cover themselves especially when they know a (M) a (F) and a (E) can very well be rerouted up Central Park West. Yes it is rare, but so is a (D) train to Far Rockaway or a (C) to Stillwell Ave. 

I can’t stand how sloppy the MTA is and to make matters worst they were just signing (M) trains up to terminate anywhere along 6th Ave. I saw a train signed up to 42nd street Bryant Park, 34th Street, Essex Street, it was just a mess. Then the train crew had to say “this is not the last stop“ and so on.

There is an (M) program to 145 Street. The problem is it's heavily glitched (I mean it says its a 145 Street bound (A) express train at 7th Avenue and a Myrtle-Wyckoff bound (M) practically everywhere else) so they went to plan B which was use the 42nd-Bryant Park program and make manual announcements from there.