Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Abba said:

I remeber going to school way back . The 4 was local to Franklin then express to Atlantic 

Okay?

Anyway, I was just curious as to why the (3) does not run its entire route beginning in the morning on Sundays like almost all the lines generally do, though some do start an hour later as 7 or even 8-9-ish or so.

Edited by Jemorie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They fixed the issues on the (M) Train to 145th Street program. They now have it probably announced as 145th Street Bound (M) Trains and Brooklyn Bound (M) Trains via the (D) Line. The exterior readings has also been fixed as well.

 

However about half the sets still don't have the program at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be negative on this, but: Is there a weight difference on the R62As and R188s? Seems that recently there was another peice of debris that fell from the (7) line and has been going on during some times since the line went fully CBTC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

They fixed the issues on the (M) Train to 145th Street program. They now have it probably announced as 145th Street Bound (M) Trains and Brooklyn Bound (M) Trains via the (D) Line. The exterior readings has also been fixed as well.

 

However about half the sets still don't have the program at all.

The (M) I took this morning and it had the correct signage and announcements. I have to give the (MTA) credit for this because I thought these updates wouldn’t happen since the (M) up CPW is rare anyways. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The (M) I took this morning and it had the correct signage and announcements. I have to give the (MTA) credit for this because I thought these updates wouldn’t happen since the (M) up CPW is rare anyways. 

They are getting better, I'll give them credit. Hopefully in the future they test these new programs before they put them on all the NTT's.

Also, the door closing chime glitch is back on some sets on the (4) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Nothing. It is still there, but is closed.

Do they do anything with it? I’d imagine it’s quite dilapidated now...

Edited by R68OnBroadway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Do they do anything with it? I’d imagine it’s quite dilapidated now...

No.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, Calvin said:

Not to be negative on this, but: Is there a weight difference on the R62As and R188s? Seems that recently there was another peice of debris that fell from the (7) line and has been going on during some times since the line went fully CBTC. 

Yes, R188’s weighs much more than R62A’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, which carrier is responsible for the phone wifi/internet around the Queensboro Plaza area? That area has been a deadspot for years and it seems like they will wait for the buildings to be built, which may take decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the procedures for deciding when to take a train out of service? They took a (Q) out of service at Ocean Parkway—just out of reach of the (B). A (B) eventually pulled up at Ocean Parkway but was not in service. That (Q) train with mechanical problems then left the station and headed to The Kings Highway northbound local track, stalling the next (Q) and (B) at Avenue U for 5 minutes while it snaked its way back towards Coney Island via the southbound express track.

This one incident cost me 30 minutes extra in commute time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riding the R62s today throughout Manhattan and I see car numbers which remind me of the crucial years of the history of our world: 

1776 on the (6)- year of the creation of the United States 

1492 on the (3)- year that Christopher Columbus first discovered the Americas

Just an interesting observation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how underused it is and how much real estate costs in the West Village, why don't they convert the mezzanine at West 4th into a Turnstyle-like market?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

Just curious, which carrier is responsible for the phone wifi/internet around the Queensboro Plaza area? That area has been a deadspot for years and it seems like they will wait for the buildings to be built, which may take decades.

Parsons between Hillside & Archer is another deadzone, at least from my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, baseball specials are common post games.

For example, one is set for Second Av with another one to World Trade Center. How does the specials determine where to terminate to?

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Just a thought, baseball specials are common post games.

For example, one is set for Second Av with another one to World Trade Center. How does the specials determine where to terminate to?

Supervision usually determine which terminals have capacity based on GOs and a rough estimate on where the crowd is originating (subway series, run service to Brooklyn, out of towners, run service to Midtown for PABT and Airport connections, etc). I've seen a bit of 2nd Ave though so they may just be sticking with that now. From what I've heard about those assignments, bring an empty water bottle just in case and stay hydrated in that hell-hole.

Edited by Jsunflyguy
Finished sentence!
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, GojiMet86 said:

Just curious, which carrier is responsible for the phone wifi/internet around the Queensboro Plaza area? That area has been a deadspot for years and it seems like they will wait for the buildings to be built, which may take decades.

Same thing at Broadway Junction, the connection always seems to jam up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night, I was riding the (D), and 3 weird things happened:

1. At 9th Av, I saw an R32 with a (4) designation leading, Franklin Av (S) rollsigns, then a second R32 with a (JFK) Train to the Plane rollsign. After this, there were about 4 work train cars, then another R32 with no designation and another one with a (JFK) designation. It was roughly 10:30 PM.

2. The (D) ran express from 36th to Atlantic, then stopped at DeKalb (local), then went back to the normal route. Why? Is this a GO relating to the early ending of (B) service?

3. When I got to 59 St, there were no (C)s, and (A)s were running local, yet it was only 11:30 PM (Late Night service starts at 12:00 AM), and when I got to the (1), there were 20-min headways, and the late night GO to Harlem-148 on the (3) was in effect.

What are these about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

3. When I got to 59 St, there were no (C)s, and (A)s were running local, yet it was only 11:30 PM (Late Night service starts at 12:00 AM)

The last southbound (C) departs from 168th Street at 10:09 p.m. and gets to Euclid Avenue by 11:14 p.m. The last northbound (C) train departs from Euclid Avenue at 10:19 p.m. and gets to 168th Street by 11:24 p.m. The first southbound (A) local departs from 207th Street at 10:08 p.m. and the first northbound (A) local departs from Far Rockaway at 10:12 p.m. (or Lefferts Blvd at 10:21 p.m.).

All based on schedule. I also believe it has been this way for years on end like how the (3) does not run to/from Brooklyn on early Sunday mornings as explained before.

Edited by Jemorie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jemorie said:

The last southbound (C) departs from 168th Street at 10:09 p.m. and gets to Euclid Avenue at 11:14 p.m. The last northbound (C) train departs from Euclid Avenue at 10:19 p.m. and gets to 168th Street at 11:24 p.m. The first southbound (A) local departs 207th Street at 10:08 p.m. and the first northbound (A) local departs from Far Rockaway at 10:12 p.m. (or Lefferts Blvd at 10:21 p.m.).

All based on schedule.

Oh! I thought it started at midnight! What about the other things?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.