SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

15 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

There’s less merging involved with the (D) running express in Manhattan overnight ( (A) and (F) )

In theory it could run express overnight in Brooklyn also since the (R) runs to lower Manhattan now, but the GO’s constantly knock out the (R) past 36th Street so they’re better off leaving it alone, and DeKalb needs 6th Avenue service overnight (which is a big pain to do if the (D) runs express on 4th Avenue.)

I'd prefer the (D) to be 4th Av express at all times since the (N) and (R) can handle 4th Av Local by itself. 

And to whomever said why the (D) is express at late night is because of the following;

1. Theres no point in running the (D) 6th Av Local to serve only two stops.

2. The (A) replaces the (C) during late nights so it makes no sense to have the (D) run along CPW Local. That, and its takes the longest time to go from 59th St to 205th St if it were to run local.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Interesting how you consider express service to be a Waste of Time.

He’s 34 years old but it is hard to believe based on the way he has been acting since we’ve known him. He’s a dumb kid faking. Ignore him and don’t entertain his nonsense lol.

8 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

He’s 34 years old but it is hard to believe based on the way he has been acting since we’ve known him. He’s a dumb kid faking. Ignore him and don’t entertain his nonsense lol.

So why Brooklyn does not have Overnight Express Service?

20 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I just was on an 32 (A) train that got taken OOS cause the T/O wasn't getting indication. Sucks as the train was crush loaded.. That and I had gotten an 32 (A) both ways traveling to my destination. Only for the train home to crap out at Canal St.

Still like the 32s though.

I got that same train at Jay St and was going to do a round trip to 207th and back.

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

How about you actually contribute something to this forum rather than just spewing insults everywhere...

Or are you Blind as a Bat Too, read some of their comments towards me, they are even more childish and bunch of grumpy old men.

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

How about you actually contribute something to this forum rather than just spewing insults everywhere...

I tried to answer a simple question concerning, Overnight Express service and if it should be discontinued? What was wrong that question? Because other Boroughs have Overnight Express service except Brooklyn. And you all could not even give a straight answer all acting foolish.

Edited by bwwnyc123

3 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

I tried to answer a simple question concerning, Overnight Express service and if it should be discontinued? What was wrong that question? Because other Boroughs have Overnight Express service except Brooklyn.

And you all could not even give a straight answer all acting foolish.

Edited by bwwnyc123

9 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

And you all could not even give a straight answer all acting foolish.

Are we reading the same forum?

On 10/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, paulrivera said:

There’s less merging involved with the (D) running express in Manhattan overnight ( (A) and (F) )

In theory it could run express overnight in Brooklyn also since the (R) runs to lower Manhattan now, but the GO’s constantly knock out the (R) past 36th Street so they’re better off leaving it alone, and DeKalb needs 6th Avenue service overnight (which is a big pain to do if the (D) runs express on 4th Avenue.)

On 10/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, Lawrence St said:

I'd prefer the (D) to be 4th Av express at all times since the (N) and (R) can handle 4th Av Local by itself. 

And to whomever said why the (D) is express at late night is because of the following;

1. Theres no point in running the (D) 6th Av Local to serve only two stops.

2. The (A) replaces the (C) during late nights so it makes no sense to have the (D) run along CPW Local. That, and its takes the longest time to go from 59th St to 205th St if it were to run local.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, Around the Horn said:

The express tracks on 4th Avenue are reserved late nights for work trains departing 38th Street yard and returning before the AM rush (except when there's a G.O. on 4th Av of course)

I see three answers to your question right here.