SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

8 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The CPW local must’ve been a real shitshow. Whenever the (B) and (C) service goes south in quality they have a tendency to pull all the trains from service.

The ripple effect that happens with the rest of the B-division after that isn’t much fun either. It’s always interesting to see something silly like an F via Crosstown because an R needed to go via Bridge/6th Avenue because a B needed to go via Broadway/63rd Street because a D needed to go to 168th via local because a C needed to run to 207 via express because it was late from the incident in Brooklyn and because of an A from the Rockaways that got turned at Euclid.

Did I mention that Q train that went via Whitehall and Broadway local because of that B via Broadway and that R via 6th? It might have ended up in Astoria or something which probably made the W stop running also. All this from an incident along Fulton Street in Brooklyn and the Grand Concourse in the Bronx.

* These reroutes were all hypothetical by the way.

Yesterday was hell on the CPW/8th Ave and Concourse lines. Yesterday morning a switch problem at Tremont Ave caused major delays on (A)(B)(C)(D) service. Trains were turning at 145th or 167th street. I already don’t like the usually delays that we see when the (B) and (D) merge with the (A) and (C) before 59th street and yesterday it took just about a half an hour to get from 47-50th street to 81st.  

Later on in the day the Queen Blvd Line had two separate issues that stopped service northbound completely. There was a sick passenger at Roosevelt Ave going northbound who needed medical attention and at Woodhaven Blvd a person was struck by the train. Of course with the MTA they just tell the train crew to say “we are being delayed because of train traffic”, or “there is a train in the station ahead, once that train moves we will proceed”. Of course you get the real truth when you go to their website so why don’t they just tell people what really happened instead of making us think that it’s just a minor train traffic problem?

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Yesterday was hell on the CPW/8th Ave and Concourse lines. Yesterday morning a switch problem at Tremont Ave caused major delays on (A)(B)(C)(D) service. Trains were turning at 145th or 167th street. I already don’t like the usually delays that we see when the (B) and (D) merge with the (A) and (C) before 59th street and yesterday it took just about a half an hour to get from 47-50th street to 81st.  

Later on in the day the Queen Blvd Line had two separate issues that stopped service northbound completely. There was a sick passenger at Roosevelt Ave going northbound who needed medical attention and at Woodhaven Blvd a person was struck by the train. Of course with the MTA they just tell the train crew to say “we are being delayed because of train traffic”, or “there is a train in the station ahead, once that train moves we will proceed”. Of course you get the real truth when you go to their website so why don’t they just tell people what really happened instead of making us think that it’s just a minor train traffic problem?

Sometimes they don't say anything until right before the train begins moving again or the problem has already resolved. The value of the information has depreciated to zero. If they give information ASAP, at the very least, passengers can make travel decisions instead of waiting in the station in the dark.

32 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of incidents that take place that don't get broadcasted onto the site or twitter feed.

It's called unplanned service change for a reason. What did you expect. Keyword: unplanned.

@CenSin, it's not about whether or not they will say anything once the train starts moving or after the problem has cleared up. It's to be expected. It takes a little time for each and every tower to get the news before it is officially posted to the (MTA)'s website. So unless the entire subway system has a new computerized system where they know wherever the trains go and all, we're gonna have no choice but to wait till more information is proceeded during unexpected service outages in the middle of a normal weekday/weekend service, as I said in my first sentence of this post.

Edited by Jemorie

25 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

Never said it was a planned service change lol, also have no idea how that related to what I said but go off I guess lmao 

Apparently, you can't even read or comprehend neither your own post nor my own post, kid. The rest of my comment was not directed at you (the dark blue quote of someone else's name is right there fyi...hello) Nobody here is going "off" either. Otherwise, you would have seen the angry face emoji. Who has the last laugh now?

Anything that does not get immediately broadcast onto the site or twitter is because they weren't prepared for it at the moment until the middle of it. Hence the term "unplanned service change". That's all I was saying.

Edited by Jemorie

Lmao, first of all I'm well aware of who you were talking to, and Im also aware of what I read and stand by my statement. Im aware it was an unplanned service change, but like I said, that wasn't what I was saying..I literally said not everything makes the site, and you twisted it into something different. And why are you mad, LMFAO. Calm your dumbass down. You're getting worked up for literally no reason. You look stupid. 

1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

You were!!!! Calling him a dumbass and stupid is your best move? You really need to grow up.

My guy who was even talking to you Lmfao. Yall getting mad for no reason and its funny. He did look stupid going off on a tangent for no reason. Drop the shit and move on. 

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

You were!!!! Calling him a dumbass and stupid is your best move? You really need to grow up.

35 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Can we stop egging people on and fanning the flames and instead act like mature adults and ignore those who bother us?

He's just another dumb, hypocritical little boy trying to be smart and funny, who I've known ever since he first showed up on the forums, from spamming to throwing out weak insults (His words: Never said it was a planned service change lol, also have no idea how that related to what I said but go off I guess lmao). I'm not even gonna waste time entertaining him. One little misinterpretation and all hell broke loose. Goes to show you who's actually the true crybaby behind the computer screen. Anyway, I'll just put the kid on my ignore list. Back to topic.

Edited by Jemorie

19 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The CPW local must’ve been a real shitshow. Whenever the (B) and (C) service goes south in quality they have a tendency to pull all the trains from service.

The ripple effect that happens with the rest of the B-division after that isn’t much fun either. It’s always interesting to see something silly like an F via Crosstown because an R needed to go via Bridge/6th Avenue because a B needed to go via Broadway/63rd Street because a D needed to go to 168th via local because a C needed to run to 207 via express because it was late from the incident in Brooklyn and because of an A from the Rockaways that got turned at Euclid.

Did I mention that Q train that went via Whitehall and Broadway local because of that B via Broadway and that R via 6th? It might have ended up in Astoria or something which probably made the W stop running also. All this from an incident along Fulton Street in Brooklyn and the Grand Concourse in the Bronx.

* These reroutes were all hypothetical by the way.

CPW was a shitshow but get this. For some crazy and stupid reason 59 tower decided to have the northbound (B) and (D) Trains switched roles on CPW. Why? I have no clue and then at some point the Northbound (A)(B)(C) Trains were the Express on CPW while the (D) Train ended up being the sole local for a half hour. It was a crazy and everyone was confused as hell.

Edited by Daniel The Cool

3 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

CPW was a shitshow but get this. For some crazy reason 59 tower decided to have the northbound (B) and (D) Trains switched roles on CPW. Why? I have no clue and then at some point the Northbound (A)(B)(C) Trains were Express on CPW while the (D) Train ended up being the sole local for a half hour. It was a crazy and everyone was confused as hell.

Maybe to make it easier for (B) trains to turn at 145th Lower Level while the (D) remained local all the way into the Bronx until the said problem at Tremont cleared up.

Edited by Jemorie

17 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Maybe to make it easier for (B) trains to turn at 145th Lower Level while the (D) remained local all the way into the Bronx until the said problem at Tremont cleared up.

The incident started when the (B) Trains were still going to The Bronx. They were turning (B) and (D) Trains at 145th Street and 167th Street. The 2nd to last Kingsbridge Road Bound (B) Train got turned at 125th Street as well as one got sent via Broadway. 

2 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

CPW was a shitshow but get this. For some crazy and stupid reason 59 tower decided to have the northbound (B) and (D) Trains switched roles on CPW. Why? I have no clue and then at some point the Northbound (A)(B)(C) Trains were the Express on CPW while the (D) Train ended up being the sole local for a half hour. It was a crazy and everyone was confused as hell.

Maybe for deinterlining purposes, seems odd to do that. Hopefully they used that spur at 72nd to have B's run express, I can imagine the crossing nightmare at 59th Street

13 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

I found that weird too because why not just have the (D) go express like it normally would and have the (B) remain local. When the (B) arrived on the express track from 7th Ave everyone including myself was mad when the conductor said that the (B) will be going express and the (D) that pulled up on the local track will be making all stops. Ending up being late to work because of that mess that day. 

I really wish there was a way to find out why the (B) and (D) switched roles on CPW. Were they trying to suspend (B) service but got the problem resolved before it could happen? 

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

How come when they ran the Redbirds and R40's, the MTA gave everyone a heads up that the last day of service was on such and such day? Wouldn't they do the same thing for the R42's?

The people who cared enough about it to give a heads up are likely no longer with the agency