SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Shore El Express said:

Update on a NY1 Reporter statement:

" sources tell me the last R42 left the J line this morning, at 10:12, out of Broad Street, in Lower Manhattan"

@danrivoli

What? This has been the most confusing retirement I have ever seen. First its retired, then not retired, then retired again...

Just now, trainfan22 said:

I doubt Byford cares about some old subway car having a special final run.

He did show up for the Nostalgia Rides tho, clearly he gives more of a shit than some others in power. He tries to be as down to Earth as possible albeit good publicity is also a factor. 

Everyone, stop making assumptions. And also when did NY1 ever publicize subway car retirements, let alone “final runs”? I smell BS. And y’all gotta stop. The R42 is no longer in REGULAR customer service. If need be, some cars will be used for parts. It is a fact that two 8-car sets of R42’s were transferred to 207/Coney Island yards respectively. 

4 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

He did show up for the Nostalgia Rides tho, clearly he gives more of a shit than some others in power. He tries to be as down to Earth as possible albeit good publicity is also a factor. 

He was there I guess he was there earlier in the day on the 29th cause I rode the last round of the holiday train

8 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I saw my first show time on the train a few days ago on the (E) surprisingly those dudes weren't clowns

I can’t stand them on the (A). I’ve never seen them kick anyone in the face in almost 20 years but I still don’t trust them at all. They also seek out people that don’t look interested to try and get a fist bump. So patronizing, lol. And if you manage to dodge them and not get kicked in the head by 125 St, you still have to deal with the mariachi bands between 168 and 175. It can be a real zoo

A (Q) and (F) are at West 8 Street waiting to pull into the terminal. The (Q) pulls out. Then the conductor announces that supervision is holding the train due to a full terminal. “For faster service, transfer upstairs to the (Q).”

Surely, the (F) continues holding even after the Manhattan-bound one pulls in and out. The next (Q) also pulls in and out shortly after. The holding lights remain on.

Then the third (Q) comes. The (F) is still not moving. No info on the websites.

And at Coney Island, the problem is apparent: a (D) train pulled into track 5, occupying terminal space for the (F)!

Edited by CenSin

3 hours ago, CenSin said:

R46 on track 4 at Coney Island: is this an aberration or something that's going to be a regular appearance?

About the same time you saw that, I saw back to back r46 on the astoria line running as N and W. 

I'd assume they're making the EFMR all NTT for QBL CBTC. (more acronyms anyone?)

Edit: Upon review I realize I'm late to the party on this one and also that the N isn't going to stillwell right now. I haven't been paying attention lately 🙄

Edited by itmaybeokay

6 hours ago, itmaybeokay said:

Edit: Upon review I realize I'm late to the party on this one and also that the N isn't going to stillwell right now. I haven't been paying attention lately 🙄

Don't stress...it's a pretty dumb swap tbh anyway, because just watch them put the R160s back in CI after only 3 years in (as we already saw with the ex-(C) and (J) car swap numerous times) and it'll cost them money too (what else is new with the (MTA)). I didn't bother railfanning on the (N)(Q)(W) either just to get a pic of those lousy ass 75 footers so you're not alone...the R46s in particular...which alot of buffs bitch and cry about them being slow and shit and all, especially on the (A) and (R), yet when they finally on the those 3 other Broadway lines I mention, now everyone is all up and arms to foam or get pics and all...please... <_<

9 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Good looking.

9 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Did VanShnookRaggen take down his NYC Subway track map?

I've always wondered that myself till now.