Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Looks like East New York caught a four car unit slipping and added looped stanchions and LED lights to 8448-8445. This R160A set had the original spec for the longest. This set doesn’t have the door mats though. 

• Upvote 1

I remember asking my father a few years ago about why the (A) train has low-tech trains and why the (Q) train had high-tech trains and my father said that my guess is that the (A) train travels longer distances so they don't want to test new technologies on longer distance trains and that shorter distance trains are better to test new technologies on.

• Upvote 1

The (C) is boring to railfan with the R32s on IMO. Same with the (A) if they’re only going as far as Lefferts.

Edited by Jemorie
  • Like 2

I wonder if the (J) line 2nd zebra stripe boards will be removed now that the 42s are not on passenger service anymore. Looks like all trains are 4/4. 

Edited by Calvin

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if the (J) line 2nd zebra stripe boards will be removed now that the 42s are not on passenger service anymore. Looks like all trains are 4/4. 

No they will not. Lol they still got R40 boards along the (L) line and R110 boards along the Fulton Street line. 

• LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VIP said:

No they will not. Lol they still got R40 boards along the (L) line and R110 boards along the Fulton Street line. 

Even after months of station rehabs? Wow.

5 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Even after months of station rehabs? Wow.

If the station gets redone, they’ll be removed. The R42 boards at Bedford Avenue (L) were taken down

• Upvote 1

Does anybody know if you can see the old Queensborough Bridge Trolley Terminal from the (N)(R)(W) trains as they are going through the 60 St Tunnel? I saw on this track map that it is near the tunnel, but does anybody know if you can actually see it, like you can with the Williamsburg Bridge Terminal at Delancey-Essex?

No, you will see nothing as you are unconscious.

Mod Note: The comment this was a reply to was deleted. Click here or scroll down for the reason why it was deleted.

-Deucey

Edited by Deucey

@Trainmaster5 Do you know when the (5) started short turning at Bowling Green during the PM rush so early? I don't get why the schedule is like that, as it results in passengers from Flatbush Av transferring twice to go to Lexington Avenue.

18 hours ago, EphraimB said:

This comment was deleted by Deucey

You must be bored.

Edited by Deucey
  • LMAO! 1

14 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Does anybody know if you can see the old Queensborough Bridge Trolley Terminal from the (N)(R)(W) trains as they are going through the 60 St Tunnel? I saw on this track map that it is near the tunnel, but does anybody know if you can actually see it, like you can with the Williamsburg Bridge Terminal at Delancey-Essex?

Forgot to include this in my original post -- but also, does anybody know if there is a retaining wall between the two, and if you can see underground from the trolley kiosk at 59th and 2nd?

@Jova42R

(1)R62A

(2)Redbirds

(3)R62

(4)R62,R142A

(5)R142

(6)R142A

<6> R62A

(7)Redbirds, R62A

<7>R188

(A) R44, R46

(B)R40M

(C)R32, R38

(D)R68

(E)R160A

(F)R46

<F>R160A

(G)R68

H-R32

(J)R42

K R42

(L)R143

(M)R160A

Brown M-R42

(N)R160B

(Q)R68A

(R)R46

(S)R62A

Franklin (S)R68

Rockaway Park (S)R46

(V)R46

(W)R40S

(Z)R160B

SIR R44

23 hours ago, Jova42R said:

The answer is no. There was never any connection or daylight between the subway tunnel and the trolley terminal. In addition I believe that by the time the subway got near 2nd Ave., it was well below the level of the trolley terminal.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

The answer is no. There was never any connection or daylight between the subway tunnel and the trolley terminal. In addition I believe that by the time the subway got near 2nd Ave., it was well below the level of the trolley terminal.

Thanks! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Was there ever a plan to extend the (A) further north to recapture the (1) in the Bronx?

There was a 1986 proposal to extend it via the Putnam Branch and then tear down the 1 in the Bronx.