SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

34 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

surprised no one here has posted about this recent bs (despite it surfacing on FB recently). some teenage foamers broke into the back cab of an R188, opened the back door and blew the horn. now that the police are after them, they are truly f**ked.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/teens-break-into-subway-conductor-booth-aboard-moving-train/

original twitter post:

I know occasionally a police officer or an MTA worker would sit in back cab of a train and it would have been funny if these teens opened the door to find a cop sitting in there.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on a (Q) at Brighton Beach. The conductor announced “(B) express across the platform.”

As we pulled out and we were on the curve, I noticed the southbound platform had the green light.

Rookie mistake… and shame on the victims who should have known better.

13 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I know occasionally a police officer or an MTA worker would sit in back cab of a train and it would have been funny if these teens opened the door to find a cop sitting in there.

what is wrong with these teens who think that vandalism and breaking into restricted areas is safe/fun. one wrong move or train jolt and they will tumble into the tracks God forbid

Edited by darkstar8983

6 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Most likely not. There will be enough R160s to handle it.

When it comes to numbers that's correct. However, on Saturday the first 3 (M) trains leave 168 at 6:52AM, 7:04AM and 7:16AM but the first (M) doesn't arrive until 7:18AM. Would they use sets from 207 that are usually assigned to the (C) that would be available so they don't have to deadhead trains all the way from ENY to 168.