Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Posted (edited)

The variety of trains on the (N) (R46/68s) is somewhat similar to the (J) back when it was using R32/42s. The number of tech trains are on the number of 3-4. 

Edited by Calvin

Posted (edited)

surprised no one here has posted about this recent bs (despite it surfacing on FB recently). some teenage foamers broke into the back cab of an R188, opened the back door and blew the horn. now that the police are after them, they are truly f**ked.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/teens-break-into-subway-conductor-booth-aboard-moving-train/

original twitter post:

Edited by Coney Island Av

34 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

surprised no one here has posted about this recent bs (despite it surfacing on FB recently). some teenage foamers broke into the back cab of an R188, opened the back door and blew the horn. now that the police are after them, they are truly f**ked.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/teens-break-into-subway-conductor-booth-aboard-moving-train/

original twitter post:

I know occasionally a police officer or an MTA worker would sit in back cab of a train and it would have been funny if these teens opened the door to find a cop sitting in there.

I was on a (Q) at Brighton Beach. The conductor announced “(B) express across the platform.”

As we pulled out and we were on the curve, I noticed the southbound platform had the green light.

Rookie mistake… and shame on the victims who should have known better.

Posted (edited)

I am on an R32 C uptown on 96 St if anyone wants to catch it. The back car is 3727 and I didn’t see the front.

Edited by OrionVIIonM79

9 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I know occasionally a police officer or an MTA worker would sit in back cab of a train and it would have been funny if these teens opened the door to find a cop sitting in there.

So thats why I see people in the rear cab...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

what is wrong with these teens who think that vandalism and breaking into restricted areas is safe/fun. one wrong move or train jolt and they will tumble into the tracks God forbid

Edited by darkstar8983

Posted (edited)

The rush hour (5) trains that starts at E.180 St to Bowling Green going back to Nereid Av are cancelled b.c of the track work dome for the rush and next week.  

Edited by Calvin

16 hours ago, Calvin said:

The rush hour (5) trains that starts at E.180 St to Bowling Green going back to Nereid Av are cancelled b.c of the track work dome for the rush and next week.  

That could have been posted in the service change thread 

1 hour ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

Is it possible that there would be anything except R68/As on the (B)

Its always possible...You'll probably see a set or 2 of R46's on the  (B) once CIY and Jamaica finish their swap

3 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Its always possible...You'll probably see a set or 2 of R46's on the  (B) once CIY and Jamaica finish their swap

The B train will never use r46s, it makes more sense to keep em all r68s an 68As because they are also maintained at concorse yard even tho their housed at CIY

Just (D) only use R68, (1) and (6) only use R62A, (3) only use R62, (2)(5) only use R142, (7) only use R142A/R188, (E)(F)(R)(M) only use R160.

1 hour ago, bwwnyc123 said:

Just (D) only use R68, (1) and (6) only use R62A, (3) only use R62, (2)(5) only use R142, (7) only use R142A/R188, (E)(F)(R)(M) only use R160.

And your point is......?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

And your point is......?

They use one type of Subway Cars similar to the (B) .

Edited by bwwnyc123

Just now, bwwnyc123 said:

They use one type of Subway Cars similar to the (B).

Again, what is your point?

Would a thread for the impact of the COVID-19 emergency on NYC transit be warranted? useful? wanted by the community?

Will the (M) be borrowing R143s and/or R179s this weekend since extra sets will be needed for the 168 St extension.

8 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Will the (M) be borrowing R143s and/or R179s this weekend since extra sets will be needed for the 168 St extension.

Most likely not. There will be enough R160s to handle it.