SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

He is talking about at the moment. Of course the numbers will go up eventually. I dunno what the argument is here. 1 train out of 28 is still rare unless someone changed the definition of 'rare'.

That said, as someone who used to ride r62as on an almost frequent basis on the 6 in the early 2000s, I am in no hurry to go out to finding that train. I'll wait till more comes to the 6.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is talking about at the moment. Of course the numbers will go up eventually. I dunno what the argument is here. 1 train out of 28 is still rare unless someone changed the definition of 'rare'.

Bingo.

Otherwise, when the first R188 comes out and people are flocking to catch it in a sea of R62As (I will do no such thing), the same argument could be used... 'So and so amount are projected to arrive in so and so time no it's not really rare anymore.'

That said, as someone who used to ride r62as on an almost

frequent basis on the 6 in the early 2000s, I am in no hurry to go out

to finding that train. I'll wait till more comes to the 6.

I suppose it would differ, really, based on if the person has witnessed the event before or not.

I don't think the R62As will be out on the (2) for the weekends to come, Im pretty sure it was due to that 12-9 that happen about an hour before the G.O. started. Because of the 12-9, I bet most (2) trains were stuck up in the Bronx, and they used whatever was down in Manhattan / Brooklyn (Kind of like right after the Hurricane with those R62 (4)s).

That said, as someone who used to ride r62as on an almost frequent basis on the 6 in the early 2000s, I am in no hurry to go out to finding that train. I'll wait till more comes to the 6.

True then again it depends the person we both may have rode R62As when they were on the (6) in the 2000s but there is that somebody that have never rode or experienced R62As on the (6) so they may be in a hurry to get them.

Any R62A's left on the (2) ? I was thinking that, like how after Sandy, some R62As stayed on the full (4) for a day.

Nope no more left those R62As are back on the (1) the only reason the R62As were on the (2) was cause of a g.o but by next weekend there should be R142s transfered to serve from 96st to flatbush on the (2).

Random question

What are Flat wheels? What is the purpose of it and does it make the train ride better?

All I know is that it makes this loud and weird noise when the train is in motion

Flat wheels are when a train doesn't stop correctly thus causing the wheels to have flat spots...

Its common on the Brighton line during leaf season and it causes the wheels to slip...

Flat wheels are when a train doesn't stop correctly thus causing the wheels to have flat spots...

Its common on the Brighton line during leaf season and it causes the wheels to slip...

Also, common on R160B Siemens propulsion trainsets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. God how I loathe those pieces of crap. Propulsion sounds nice, though.