SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Cause it probably wasn't in service and and most likely was an minor derailment?

Trains probably have minor derailments in yards all the time, and never make the news or railfan sites. 

Well, he isn't wrong. It was a minor derailment caused by human error. Although, it did make it to the internet although people aren't going really crazy about it, I saw 1 post and not much talk about it.

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Cause it probably wasn't in service and and most likely was an minor derailment?

Trains probably have minor derailments in yards all the time, and never make the news or railfan sites. 

It wasn't a minor derailment. The train itself didn't suffer terrible damage but the tracks, signals and switches, well that's another story...

Edited by Daniel The Cool

When the Montague (R) and Clark St (2)(3)  tubes were being fixed, the paper subway maps printed during that time were altered to show those changes.

When the (M) ran overnights to 96 St-2 Av, neither the online nor the paper subway maps reflected that service addition. 

When the (N) was truncated from CI-Stilwell to 86 St, the online map was revised, but the paper maps that were still being printed DID NOT reflect in that change.

Why doesn’t the TA maintain consistency with the online and physical maps?

Edited by MeeP15-9112

I’m on a (E) train to Jamaica Van Wyck and it sounds like they took the “Jamaica Van Wyck” stop announcement and stuck it in the place of “Jamaica Center” when the train announces where it’s bound. It’s a little sloppy but it gets the job done. However they have to update the FIND and the announcements to reflect that it will stop at 75th Ave and Briarwood during the evenings, and weekends. 

Caught one of those R46 Q trains early this morning after coming back from PABT (quarter after 7am or so)... Nice being the only person in that particular car from TSQ to Dekalb (which is where I got off), but to be fair, that is reverse peak.... Not seeing the Manhattan stations as hectic as they've been prone to being, is definitely going to take some getting used to....

20 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Did the MTA stop posting printed papers displaying weekday/weekend G/Os? Lately, there wasn't any by the board at stations like Sheepshead Bay, Kings Highway etc.

Been the same thing with Woodlawn Cemetery, Eastchester Dyre Avenue, and 149 Street - Grand Concourse. I do not know about Burnside Avenue, since I am not down there as often as I used to.

46 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I would agree with putting the Homeless in a place where they have a place to stay, but rounding them to be put into jail is just something that can't work. I don't want to get political, but I feel it was going to be inevitable that someone would start saying something like this, there are a few things he says that are true, but other things that are pretty questionable.

7 hours ago, Vulturious said:

I would agree with putting the Homeless in a place where they have a place to stay, but rounding them to be put into jail is just something that can't work. I don't want to get political, but I feel it was going to be inevitable that someone would start saying something like this, there are a few things he says that are true, but other things that are pretty questionable.

This is the same guy that believes he should be able to live amongst the rich, solely because he's a good, law-abiding citizen.... Meritocracy be damned.

Pinepower is & has always been a useful idiot to this community - you don't heed his takes on matters (unless your aim is to make a mockery of him), but he's good for bringing certain stories to the forefront that aren't/haven't been talked about (as much)..... Chucking the homeless into jails, at absolute best, is a band-aid solution....

Edited by B35 via Church

9 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Oh wow I forgot all about Pine Power. I honestly thought he stopped making YouTube videos about transit related issues. 

you know the drill... enough people call him out on his shit, he claims he's too stressed out & he can't deal with the stress anymore (to then claim that he's only going to focus on the weather related & pine barrens related stuff).... Then he'll just "do this one video & that's it, because I said I can't keep doing this" regarding something transit related...

Rinse..... wash.... repeat.... Same old tired ass M.O.

When he can't muster up a cogent or a plausible counterargument to something, all of a sudden he's stressed out.... This is over 10 years of this charade with him.... Real funny character, this charlatan is....

47 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No, they should be treated. Releasing a mentally ill person back into society with no treatment is the real issue here.

I was being sarcastic, and referring to something earlier. Mentally ill people fall victim to falling off on meds, which leads them to spiral off hard. They should definitely be treated, and checked on regularly by a nurse that can make sure they're on meds.