Pre-Employment application

Carlosgon87

I just recieved my pre-employment application in the mail. It is asking for all my job history in the past 10 years. Do they also want the non-job related ones (ex. Wendy's)? Also, it states to write down the superviosors name and number if i dont have their current number what am i supposed to do?

I just recieved my pre-employment application in the mail. It is asking for all my job history in the past 10 years. Do they also want the non-job related ones (ex. Wendy's)? Also, it states to write down the superviosors name and number if i dont have their current number what am i supposed to do?

Hey Carlos,

I'm pretty sure Wendy's would be considered a job. If you don't have a supervisor # to put, leave it out. They will ask for any gaps in work so if you had unemployment, include it.

Good luck!!

Hey Carlos,

I'm pretty sure Wendy's would be considered a job. If you don't have a supervisor # to put, leave it out. They will ask for any gaps in work so if you had unemployment, include it.

Good luck!!

Thanks, so under employer name, i should write unemployment?

Thanks, so under employer name, i should write unemployment?

Yes write down unemployed, and if you were getting UI benefits put that down as well as to how you supported yourself. Or if you were not collecting UI benefits you would put down supported by parents or wife, girlfriend etc. . And if you can't remember the name of a supervisor or number to the store you can always google the telephone number and leave the supervisor's name blank.

Alright thanks, now one more last question that just crossed my mind, I worked for an agency during my probation time at my last company. Once i became permanent i was transferred to the company's payroll, Do i put the agency down or can i just put the companys name? i think i might have done only the company's name while i was filling out the application for the test. would this hold me back?

just remember all your answers because once they collect this set of papers they give you the same set at 180 livinston st. that way they compare answers and question you on things that dont match. when i got hired the lady thanked me because both were word for word the same and she said that made her job easier because instead of asking me why things dont match she just ran a backround check.

just remember all your answers because once they collect this set of papers they give you the same set at 180 livinston st. that way they compare answers and question you on things that dont match. when i got hired the lady thanked me because both were word for word the same and she said that made her job easier because instead of asking me why things dont match she just ran a backround check.

so your saying the form they sent me in the mail, theyre going to give it to me again at 180 livingston st?

I could not remember some dates fir the second form so I just asked to see the original pre emp form. They made me a copy so I can copy one to the other

just don't liy !

so your saying the form they sent me in the mail, theyre going to give it to me again at 180 livingston st?

Yes once your sworn in @ 180 Livingston, you will be sent to 130 Livingston to do a "orientation" they call it. But it's really you just giving the exact same info you gave to the other office already.

Do not lie and put EVERY JOB that you've held in the last ten years on that form. They catch you in just one lie and you'll be disqualified on the spot.

Alright. Thanks alot guys. Now do they go back and look compare the information i gave them when i completed the application to take the test? because im pretty sure i didnt list the agency separate from the last company i worked at. and now that i am i hope it doesnt disqualify me or put me on hold

IF YOU WERE FIRED FROM A JOB,PUT IT DOWN!!!!!!

I was fired from 2 jbs and I got hired.DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LIE!!!!!!

You may be in schoolcar in your 5th month and DCAS will call you down to verify information on your applicatio.IF you lied or mislead them in ANY way,its BYE BYE!!!!

im on the 8080 list for CI,

also i went in today and the lady asked me if i had taken a drg test at my previous job. and i replied yes, she asked within the past 2 years, and i stated yes. Then she pulled out a yellow form and instructed me to fill out everything. She kind of rushed me so i didnt really get to get a good look at what is said. but it was something about requesting previous drug test from my last employer? Does anyone know about this yellow form i filled out?

Alright. Thanks alot guys. Now do they go back and look compare the information i gave them when i completed the application to take the test? because im pretty sure i didnt list the agency separate from the last company i worked at. and now that i am i hope it doesnt disqualify me or put me on hold

I've also given my Pre-Employment application and i am filling out the next information sheet that they gave me from there................

Does MTA (180 Livingston st) go back and look to compare the information we gave them when we completed the application to take the test? (do they compair that information with the pre-employment paper and this booklet?? Please somebody help.......

I've also given my Pre-Employment application and i am filling out the next information sheet that they gave me from there................

Does MTA (180 Livingston st) go back and look to compare the information we gave them when we completed the application to take the test? (do they compair that information with the pre-employment paper and this booklet?? Please somebody help.......

They will compare the info you put down with what their investigators can find and what you put down when fill out the second set of papers after you are hired. But DCAS can also compare your info you originally put down to take the test. So just be as honest as possible because if won't be worth lying if you get fired for it.

They will compare the info you put down with what their investigators can find and what you put down when fill out the second set of papers after you are hired. But DCAS can also compare your info you originally put down to take the test. So just be as honest as possible because if won't be worth lying if you get fired for it.

i put down an off-the-book job when filled out the sheet for exam. i didn't know any better back then. NOW i know that i shouldn't have done that. So i didn't put that on the pre-employment sheet......... Do you think i should put down that off-the-book job info in this booklet???? i am so scared and confused...... dont know what to do......

i put down an off-the-book job when filled out the sheet for exam. i didn't know any better back then. NOW i know that i shouldn't have done that. So i didn't put that on the pre-employment sheet......... Do you think i should put down that off-the-book job info in this booklet???? i am so scared and confused...... dont know what to do......

That's the biggest no-no. Off the books jobs are considered illegal since no tax was collected on the wages. You should have put down unemployed supported by parents or spouse or savings. Honestly I don;t know what to tell you. But people have slipped by with far worst things than that. I don't think it will be too bad, if the issue ever comes up if your hired just explain that to them. That at that time you didn't know that you couldn't put down off the books jobs. I mean you can't put down blank work history w/o explanation. Since the jobs was off the books there is no way of them verifying it, so just say you worked for a family member or something.

You are not the only one who is worried about this issue.

Some jobs that we may have had up to10 years ago that business may no longer be around

so there is no way for them to verify it.

To you and I there is nothing wrong with working off the books, it's better then being unemployed right? but to them it's probably a red flag. There are more important issues in the hiring process then a persons work

history. Good luck.

You are not the only one who is worried about this issue.

Some jobs that we may have had up to10 years ago that business may no longer be around

so there is no way for them to verify it.

To you and I there is nothing wrong with working off the books, it's better then being unemployed right? but to them it's probably a red flag. There are more important issues in the hiring process then a persons work

history. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your support Bro.... Really appreciate it.....

There was somebody on the 8006 list, with a list number under #200.

He used to post on here around the time we took the 8006 exam 3 years

ago. He basically had off the books jobs with periods of unemployment

for the past 10 years.

What would you advise him to put down in a case like that? Somebody said on here that they asked for you entire employment history from day 1, others

say only the last 10 years.

Some people say they don't ask you for your H.S Diploma while others

say that they do. I feel the problem is within the MTA human resources.

It seems like different people that work there will tell you something different.

There was somebody on the 8006 list, with a list number under #200.

He used to post on here around the time we took the 8006 exam 3 years

ago. He basically had off the books jobs with periods of unemployment

for the past 10 years.

What would you advise him to put down in a case like that? Somebody said on here that they asked for you entire employment history from day 1, others

say only the last 10 years.

Some people say they don't ask you for your H.S Diploma while others

say that they do. I feel the problem is within the MTA human resources.

It seems like different people that work there will tell you something different.

Employment history is definitely 10 years only. And the HS diploma is required. When I originally got hired in 2006 they asked me for it and made a copy of it. This second time around they asked me to bring it in but couldn't be any less interested in it. Word of advice for potential new hires, just bring in every document you have that's listed on the pre-employment letter. It's never a bad idea to be prepared. I mean the last time I was down people actually didn't bring their social security cards and that's the most basic of ID's for any job.

Archived