Pre-Employment application

Carlosgon87

hey guys when filling out the CPD-B, it asks for month date and years for the employment section, if i dont know the exact date of hire what do i do? i only know the month and year

As long as you put in the particular job....try to approximate,but either way as long as its in there you will be fine.

As long as you put in the particular job....try to approximate,but either way as long as its in there you will be fine.

wont having the wrong date cause a problem with the backround check or something? is it worse to leave the date blank n just put the month and year?

i just called mabstoa/mta employment and they told me that they are not up to my list number yet which is 2548.00 but the thing is someone i know from exam 2801 is getting called up to go thru the process again with the drug test and physical so i would like to know if there is any truth to this honestly he said they are up to list number 1748 ...

• 1 year later...

Employment history is definitely 10 years only.

I received my employment history from the social security administration and noticed that my work study jobs from college aren't listed because the income from those jobs aren't subject to FICA taxes. Does this mean that when the MTA does their background check on me, they wouldn't be able to find proof that I had those work study jobs? Does the MTA go through the SSA when doing their employment history verification?

I think they do go through SSA

I just picked up my wage and income transcripts form the IRS and on them is my proof of my work study jobs. I just hope that the MTA's background investigation of me will include going through the IRS or it will look bad for me.

• 10 months later...

Well, here goes...  1) Took the test. 2) Received my list number. 3) Received and filled out a Pre-employment application. 4) went down to 180 Livingston Street...

Scenario - the letter I received said Interview, bring yadda, yadda, yadda for position yadda (month/date) 9:00am. I arrived early 8:30ish, took a number and showed the clerk my ID.... she handed me some paper work and asked me to fill them out... about 2 hours later the same clerk asked for me by name, asked for my documentaion and made copies of other documents like my DD214, for my background check/employment folder... after completing the copies, the clerk said - they will call you... (her tone was that she was finished processing me and there was nothing else to do) I asked do I wait for the interview and she said in the same tone - they will call you, that it (indicating to go home, I was done for today). I found that quite odd, but I complied.

Question - Did I misunderstand what was happening and miss out on the interview or was there no interview, that that was an appointment to process me until I can be called in for an interview/offered the job (aka Certified)? Need help, New to this -

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

As far as i understand there is no real sit down job interview like other jobs . They send out appointments for you to come down and complete  your paperwork and to complete medicals. If everything is ok with all your paperwork and medical you will be sworn in to the job on the last day and then given a day to go back for orientation.

As far as i understand there is no real sit down job interview like other jobs . They send out appointments for you to come down and complete your paperwork and to complete medicals. If everything is ok with all your paperwork and medical you will be sworn in to the job on the last day and then given a day to go back for orientation.

Archived