BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, East New York said:

Huh??? Lack of an HVAC? (Heating Ventalation and Cooling) That’s illegal for one, and all transit buses as well as any on road vehicles for that matter come with an HVAC. Where on Earth would you get an idea like that?

😉

🤢

He means a lack of running HVAC lol. In one of my videos he commented on, the HVAC was off.

To add on with limited service it would be much easier for passengers to know a newer service with a new name than an old one, so that’s why the mta is going with sbs than making more Ltd services from my own perspective. If a passenger gets on a bus that says Ltd and this Ltd is tweaked to skip stops at the end of its route like sbs a passenger who have taken that route for a while would be very confused as to why it would skip their own stop at the end of the route. From my perspective Ltd is more so like a residential service for than it is passenger driven. For instance traveling in the middle of its route in more densely populated areas it skip stops but in more residential areas of that specific route it makes all stops on both ends. 

Jeez the buses are FUBAR'd... Brick red traffic on the FDR, LIE, QMT and all relevant bridge crossings... And local buses are moving like slugs too. Took 25 minutes for an m22 to get from North end to city hall. 

Hope y'all get home safe, as dry as possible, and as warm as possible and for any numbnuts going around the city fanning, there are no snow loans. I checked..

There's a picture of a jack knifed M86...

And then there's this:

https://abc7ny.com/traffic/traffic-nightmare-snow-snarls-evening-commute/4695686/

Some people have been trying to get home now for FOUR hours. I have been sitting in my office waiting for this to pass over.  The express buses are basically sitting ducks. There are no buses from the (1) train and Metro-North is delayed and there are accidents all over and the roads in my area are not plowed at all so trying to walk from the Metro-North station would likely take me at least 40 minutes.

There's also a downed tree near Central Park West and West 81st.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

37 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There's a picture of a jack knifed M86...

And then there's this:

https://abc7ny.com/traffic/traffic-nightmare-snow-snarls-evening-commute/4695686/

Some people have been trying to get home now for FOUR hours. I have been sitting in my office waiting for this to pass over.  The express buses are basically sitting ducks. There are no buses from the (1) train and Metro-North is delayed and there are accidents all over and the roads in my area are not plowed at all so trying to walk from the Metro-North station would likely take me at least 40 minutes.

There's also a downed tree near Central Park West and West 81st.

I saw Broadway and 187th St being jammed up real bad. The Bx7s and M100s probably had to go via Bennet/Overlook.

Just now, mine248 said:

I saw Broadway and 187th St being jammed up real bad. The Bx7s and M100s probably had to go via Bennet/Overlook.

There are people literally walking over the George Washington Bridge.  Accidents everywhere. I don't know when the Port Authority will open but people been stuck inside now for hours.

12 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

It was more snow than originally forecast. Most news outlets said “a coating to a couple of slushy inches”

At least NYC pretreated some of the roads, but overall just about everyone got caught with their pants down.

Ha please.  I have another co-worker who has been stuck in the Port Authority since around 04:30 this afternoon and I am stuck in my office... I don't how long this mess is going to go on before the damn roads open up and they start plowing the streets.  I want to get home so I can eat dinner. Quite annoyed to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Ha please.  I have another co-worker who has been stuck in the Port Authority since around 04:30 this afternoon and I am stuck in my office... I don't how long this mess is going to go on before the damn roads open up and they start plowing the streets.  I want to get home so I can eat dinner. Quite annoyed to say the least.

Yeah it's bad out here. Just got in...  I didn't see any salt trucks at all today they dropped the ball majorly!! 

2 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Yeah it's bad out here. Just got in...  I didn't see any salt trucks at all today they dropped the ball majorly!! 

It seems like there are no salt trucks all around the City, and usually in Riverdale they have them waiting along Kappock so that they can clear and salt the hills, otherwise you can't get up them.  Only two ways in for the buses. Up the hills...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

3 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

How bad is the weather in terms of walking? The buses are at a standstill but the subway seems to be relatively fine, wondering if more people are staying at work or taking the subway and walking home instead.

Subway seems normal. I mean, assuming you don't get a fire on the tracks and other unplanned changes.

4 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

How bad is the weather in terms of walking? The buses are at a standstill but the subway seems to be relatively fine, wondering if more people are staying at work or taking the subway and walking home instead.

The (1) train seemed to be a mess to from what I hear.  The other issue is there are no buses really assuming you can get the train all the up to 231st. A few people in my area or were lucky enough to get an Uber but that was earlier in the day. Now it's even worse.  The buses were also stuck or in accidents in my area.

3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It seems like there are no salt trucks all around the City, and usually in Riverdale they have them waiting along Kappock so that they can clear and salt the hills, otherwise you can't get up them.  Only two ways in for the buses. Up the hills...

The Rail Link buses stopped running at one point tonight too...

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I was just on the roads ive seen none all afternoon. I honestly didn't think it was going to be this bad. Until I had to go out. My Mom had to detour off the Bronx River Parkway near the Bronx Zoo she said there were (60ft) buses jackknifed everywhere. Madness.

Just now, paulrivera said:

The Rail Link buses stopped running at one point tonight too...

They aren't running at all. I'm going to have to walk home from the station tonight because I'm sick of waiting. Supposedly the semi-express train is on-time (21:54 train out of Grand Central). By the time I get an Uber I'd be better off walking.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They aren't running at all. I'm going to have to walk home from the station tonight because I'm sick of waiting. Supposedly the semi-express train is on-time (21:54 train out of Grand Central). By the time I get an Uber I'd be better off walking.

The buses are (barely) running out of Spuyten. Nothing at all out of Riverdale, so yea....

4 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

I was just on the roads ive seen none all afternoon. I honestly didn't think it was going to be this bad. Until I had to go out. My Mom had to detour off the Bronx River Parkway near the Bronx Zoo she said there were (60ft) buses jackknifed everywhere. Madness.

unknown.png

6 Bx12 SBS buses within a 5 block span. I think 3 of them are jackknifed.

And no, I'm not going out to take pics for any of you. What do I look like, Jim Cantore?