Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Off-peak, seniors ride for $3.75. They don't necessarily have to use the senior MetroCard (but they need some sort of ID to show they're over 65). But I'm sure most drivers don't bother to ask for ID if they look old enough.

Scroll to "How to pay with cash": http://web.mta.info/nyct/fare/rfindex.htm

And service would end up being ridiculously slow. That's the whole purpose of the back door, so people getting out don't block people going in.

Topographical reasons, that section of the West Bronx is very hilly.

That wasn’t my point. It isn’t that they get a discount. It’s that they throw in a few coins, and certainly FAR less than half fare. When I say a few coins, I do mean a few and the driver waives them on.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Currently, 7684, 7686 is now an XD-40 while 7685 is still an VII CNG

ENY already has 7684 and I believe it is an SBS. However, XD40 7685 is in New York City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

There starting to put farebeating ads on the buses. Most times the're the only ad.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:23 PM, Around the Horn said:

46495109_822208764776824_794890556052131

Picture source: @Around the Horn

 

@Lil 57: The ad in question that you saw earlier today was it like this picture or remotely close to this picture or the farebeating ad was inside the bus similar as the posters that you find with service advisories or informational stuff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Picture source: @Around the Horn

 

@Lil 57: The ad in question that you saw earlier today was it like this picture or remotely close to this picture or the farebeating ad was inside the bus similar as the posters that you find with service advisories or informational stuff.

 

 

They are inside the buses on the actual overhead advertising panels.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Missabassie said:

This happens quite a bit on the BX15. I don't ride it a lot, but nearly everytime I do, rampant fare-beating..... This one time I counted 9 people coming in through the back door (D60HF) like it was a supermarket, and the BX36 is no better.

I can vouch for this especially on the bx15 at 149st, 169st & Treamont ave where it is bad 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calvin said:

Currently, 7684, 7686 is now an XD-40 while 7685 is still an VII CNG

I think the MTA should & should have renumbered CNG 7685 since it’s clearly gone be in service for a little while 

 

 

Not for nothing: 

but it’s gonna be weird seeing these numbers ( 76**,77** & 78**) on the XD40’s and in Brooklyn because for half of my life they been on the CNG’s and mostly in the Bronx 

Edited by Melbx15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

I think the MTA should & should have renumbered CNG 7685 since it’s clearly gone be in service for a little while 

 

 

Not for nothing: 

but it’s gonna be weird seeing these numbers ( 76**,77** & 78**) on the XD40’s and in Brooklyn because for half of my life they been on the CNG’s and mostly in the Bronx 

These CNG buses aren't going to be around much longer. By the end of next month, all of them should be gone.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got on a local CP bus this morning just out of the terminal and told the driver his destination sign was stuck to "Emergency Call 911".  He probably accidentally hit the foot switch for it.  The driver tried resetting the sign, the foot switch, pressing some buttons on the fare box, and turning the bus on and off but couldn't reset the sign.  Even several passing buses that were deadheading stopped and gave some verbal instructions on what to do.  He tried a bunch of different destination options and putting the sign into "Not In Service" along with a few other button combinations the passing drivers recommended and still couldn't reset it.  

This begs the question...how is the operator supposed to reset the "Emergency Call 911" sign if it's stuck on the destination sign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

I think the MTA should & should have renumbered CNG 7685 since it’s clearly gone be in service for a little while 

 

 

Not for nothing: 

but it’s gonna be weird seeing these numbers ( 76**,77** & 78**) on the XD40’s and in Brooklyn because for half of my life they been on the CNG’s and mostly in the Bronx 

It's just numbers, shouldn't be too weird lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

They are inside the buses on the actual overhead advertising panels.

Oh yeah I saw that yesterday. My M42 and B64 buses (both Xcelsiors) had it on the door side right next to the back door 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note and a question:

The B/9 westbound stop at East 13th Street and Avenue M is being skipped as the old NBC studios has been sold and the stop is right on line where the trucks will be entering and exiting the property. There is scaffolding on the Avenue M side of the street as the sidewalk is blocked off.

Has the eastbound stop on Avenue Z at East 18th Street by the post office dock been eliminated as even though it is listed on the stop list on the new buses? it seems it is being skipped. The stop remains in the westbound direction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the 3:45 NB S57 is a no-show, makes me have to take big bags of stuff onto the S79/S89

No wonder why ridership is dropping, can't wait to pass my permit test in January and then pass my road test.

Edited by Lil 57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

So the 3:45 NB S57 is a no-show, makes me have to take big bags of stuff onto the S79/S89

No wonder why ridership is dropping, can't wait to pass my permit test in January and then pass my road test.

Update: The next S57 let at 4:30 PM. Meaning a 70 minute gap in S57 service.

Luckily I'm on 2885 on the S89 (still untrackable)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Update: The next S57 let at 4:30 PM. Meaning a 70 minute gap in S57 service.

Luckily I'm on 2885 on the S89 (still untrackable)

Lmfaoo jokes. I'm glad I stopped taking the bus. I only take the express on occasion. Can't deal with the stress. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Lmfaoo jokes. I'm glad I stopped taking the bus. I only take the express on occasion. Can't deal with the stress. 

It's even worse.

Oh no S44

This is the 2nd day that ferry bound S44 buses bunched in threes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

It's even worse.

Oh no S44

This is the 2nd day that ferry bound S44 buses bunched in threes.

Smh nothing is gonna change until people start using common sense and rules change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Meaning a 70 minute gap in S57 service.

That's simply awful, I actually had to do a double take on that statistic. I'm surprised there hasn't been enough consistency over bus bunching and dispatching as of yet in this agency (on big and small routes). I've dealt with both issues more frequently from 3 years ago when I first started riding the bus network, yet little's changed. I guess the MTA loves to make it harder and harder to justify higher fares each year...smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

It's even worse.

Oh no S44

This is the 2nd day that ferry bound S44 buses bunched in threes.

What time was it? Could of been school trips mixed in there judging by your posting time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trife86 said:

What time was it? Could of been school trips mixed in there judging by your posting time.

Around 5:00 PM, yesterday this happened around 8:00 PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Around 5:00 PM, yesterday this happened around 8:00 PM.

The (MTA) can’t even fill trips on the schedule. We stood at various locations today and just recorded when express buses came. The route #, bus# and arrival time and destination as necessary. They cannot consistently meet buses on the schedule. Tonight we know that the last QM1 never came and from BusTime, it looked like a few other QM1s were missing. The QM5 was a mess as well. Should’ve been four scheduled buses during the time we were there. Instead six came. The 07:03 was almost 20 minutes late, so two QM5s came within three minutes (7:22pm and then 7:25pm).

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The (MTA) can’t even fill trips on the schedule. We stood at various locations today and just recorded when express buses came. The route #, bus# and arrival time and destination as necessary. They cannot consistently meet buses on the schedule. Tonight we know that the last QM1 never came and from BusTime, it looked like a few other QM1s were missing. The QM5 was a mess as well. Should’ve been four scheduled buses during the time we were there. Instead six came. The 07:03 was almost 20 minutes late, so two QM5s came within three minutes (7:22pm and then 7:25pm).

Certainly NOT worth paying a premium fare to get a one-seat ride to Manhattan! But the subways, though cheaper, aren't better off either...

Edited by lara8710
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The (MTA) can’t even fill trips on the schedule. We stood at various locations today and just recorded when express buses came. The route #, bus# and arrival time and destination as necessary. They cannot consistently meet buses on the schedule. Tonight we know that the last QM1 never came and from BusTime, it looked like a few other QM1s were missing. The QM5 was a mess as well. Should’ve been four scheduled buses during the time we were there. Instead six came. The 07:03 was almost 20 minutes late, so two QM5s came within three minutes (7:22pm and then 7:25pm).

Remember that a majority of the express buses also deadhead from College Point.....via the LIE and QMT....and if both are f**ked with traffic(which is practically common Manhattan-bound), then you are bound to have a bunch of late buses and bunching.

If you stood on 34th between 1st & 2nd by the tunnel exits, or by 37th Street between 2nd & 3rd by the tunnel exits. You'd most likely see some of the causes.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Cuomo wrapped XD40s practically took over the B6, there all over that route like a roach infestation damn. At this rate I'd be surprised if a ride an RTS on the B6 ever again lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Those Cuomo wrapped XD40s practically took over the B6, there all over that route like a roach infestation damn. At this rate I'd be surprised if a ride an RTS on the B6 ever again lol.

What's so special about those old RTS buses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.