Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, N6 Limited said:

How do you think Passenger Counters are going to affect NYCT Bus and MTA Bus, in general, or in regards to planning or perceptions of ridership?

For perceptions of ridership, it won't matter.... They don't care about any of that when it comes to buses.

As far as planning's concerned, well as far as service levels, I think the counters will have little to no effect.... The onus'll be on cutting local services regardless.... More SBS service system-wide is inevitable.... If anything, they may use it as a means to (further justify) getting rid of individual stops all over the place....

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday for the first time in many years, I rode an MTA MCI with an DD60!!!😁It was in pretty good shape for an 02 bus, ran really well with a lot of power, unit out of CP.

We have an diverse MCI fleet right now, MCIs with three different power trains, DD60, CAT C13 and Cummins ISL. 

Edited by trainfan22
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Yesterday for the first time in many years, I rode an MTA MCI with an DD60!!!😁It was in pretty good shape for an 02 bus, ran really well with a lot of power, unit out of CP.

We have an diverse MCI fleet right now, MCIs with three different power trains, DD60, CAT C13 and Cummins ISL. 

Was it 2202 or 2209? I believe CP has both buses. 

20 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Was it 2202 or 2209? I believe CP has both buses. 

Nah, it was an bus numbered in the 2800s.

Edited by trainfan22

Just now, trainfan22 said:

Nah, it was an 28xx bus.

Copy copy. Some of those 28xx buses definitely move. I remember riding some of them when UP had the old x29. Something to that form needs to come back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So why do some buses have locked wifi? I’m on a n/b XD40 on the Q44 rn and the network name is MTA7390. Lmk the password please lmfao. I’m not entitled to it or anything, is there a universal pw?

5209 broke down on the B44 today, I found out on Twitter of all places lol. I hope it's something minor as I really wanted to ride that bus😞😞

Edited by trainfan22