BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2018 at 12:26 AM, Future ENY OP said:

My guess is training for the new routes. I could only assume that most SIM routes will retain their travel direction and others may experience some detours.

No. They do not train with the programs on.

4 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Anyone have news on how well the Double Decker pilot program performed? Are they planning on bringing it back or nah?

At the current time, no. The union has been saying that they won't pursue any order for them because they only fit inside of two depots.

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Yeah its on YouTube 

I just saw the video, and I have a question: Why did they change the announcements and the screens to the ones that were on the Gun Hill NG Hybrids? What happened to the ones that are on the 2018 Xcelsiors and Nova LFS 8504?

Also, if possible, quote this on the appropriate thread.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Coney Island Av said:

Do any of ya'll know some good places in Staten Island for express bus shots? 

I want to get photos/videos of every bus from X1-X31 before the new network goes into effect. 

Tell me what signs u wanna see I'll put em all up and give you pics lol

2 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I just saw the video, and I have a question: Why did they change the announcements and the screens to the ones that were on the Gun Hill NG Hybrids? What happened to the ones that are on the 2018 Xcelsiors and Nova LFS 8504?

Also, if possible, quote this on the appropriate thread.

Maybe they are doing the same thing they do with the signs and have two different vendors for signs or displays. 

5 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Didn’t they already pick a vendor for the information screens and announcements?

Hence why I made the reference to the destination signs. They use atleast two for almost every bus save for the BTE buses 2015 LFS and express buses. 

6 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Quick question: 

At what times do the 2002 MCIs run on the X1-9, as well as the X10? 

There are only three remaining at Castleton and only one at Yukon. 

They come at a random time but be at E.23 St and Broadway during the PM rush hours around 4 to start. Most lines run along that street. 

"I'd like to know tips on ways on how to catch them- don't wanna be stuck waiting a while lol."

Also, that's laziness of a good adventure lol 

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Quick question: 

I'd like to know tips on ways on how to catch them- don't wanna be stuck waiting a while lol. 

Things To Know About SI's MCI Buses:

- The 2002 buses usually run during rush hour only. The best routes to catch them are on the Castleton routes (X10, X14, X21 soon to be SIM3/3c, SIM22, SIM35). You can try to catch them on the Yukon routes, but there's only one bus over there vs three at Castleton.

- All the other MCI's (2007-2013 buses) mostly run weekdays only.

- Weekends it's all Prevost's.

Edited by Lil 57

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

Quick question: 

I'd like to know tips on ways on how to catch them- don't wanna be stuck waiting a while lol. 

If you are willing to take those old ass MCIs on the QM routes instead of X routes, you can hang out near 36th and 6th and check out bustime to see what CP routes they are running on. I've gotten them on weekdays, weekends, peak, off peak, everything. Theres usually a few running each weekday day from what I've seen 

22 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

If you are willing to take those old ass MCIs on the QM routes instead of X routes, you can hang out near 36th and 6th and check out bustime to see what CP routes they are running on. I've gotten them on weekdays, weekends, peak, off peak, everything. Theres usually a few running each weekday day from what I've seen 

LMAO You sound extra enthusiastic. Too bad you have MCI 2002 worshippers in that depot...

2 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Quick question: 

Are you sure you want to ride them?

14 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Honestly on the highway they are better than prevost I'd say. Seats have more cushion and suspension isn't as firm, on the streets is another matter lol

Edited by trife86

14 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

14 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Good to take a picture of (before they're history), but not good to ride on them.

20 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Honestly on the highway they are better than prevost I'd say. Seats have more cushion and suspension isn't as firm, on the streets is another matter lol

As Carlo said on the Sopranos... Social Club? [They've] gotta go!! 

They can't retire those buses fast enough.  I don't even know what they're holding onto them for anyway, especially on Staten Island. They just got 300 brand new express buses a few years ago.  Insulting to have those things out on the road during rush hour. What's even more annoying are the B/Os that INSIST on pulling those things out in the HOTTEST weather.  Just absurd since most of the time the AC on them isn't that good.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

31 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

As Carlo said on the Sopranos... Social Club? [They've] gotta go!! 

They can't retire those buses fast enough.  I don't even know what they're holding onto them for anyway, especially on Staten Island. They just got 300 brand new express buses a few years ago.  Insulting to have those things out on the road during rush hour. What's even more annoying are the B/Os that INSIST on pulling those things out in the HOTTEST weather.  Just absurd since most of the time the AC on them isn't that good.

Lol not saying I want to drive them but cruising on highway and highway only there ok.

But on another note I don't know what year they are (2007?) The #2200s are suprisingly nice.

9 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Lol not saying I want to drive them but cruising on highway and highway only there ok.

But on another note I don't know what year they are (2007?) The #2200s are suprisingly nice.

2007? LMAO Yeah right... 2002... They may be okay because they overhauled them a little bit, but if you look at them closer you tend to notice small things that are wrong.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

8 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

2007? LMAO Yeah right... 2002... They may be okay because they overhauled them a little bit, but if you look at them closer you tend to notice small things that are wrong.

Lol I had no idea, only had them a hand full of times, as I tend to stay away from express.

13 minutes ago, trife86 said:

28xx - 2002

2210-2228 - 2008

2285-2303 - 2013

4300-4329 - 2007