BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

9/9/2018 8:27:36 AMNYTBQNS, Q114-LTD Buses, High Tide/FloodingQ114-LTD buses are detoured because of a high tide on Brookville Blvd causing flooding conditions. Detour is as follows: Northbound to Parsons Blvd/Hillside Av: Via Rockaway Blvd, right on Guy R Brewer Blvd and then resume their regular route. Southbound to Seagirt Blvd: Via Guy R Brewer Blvd, left on Rockaway Blvd and then resume their regular route. Corresponding stops will be made along the detoured route.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

.....You think the SI Mall inset should return to the SI bus map?

I don't even remember one being on there... lol...

Nah, as Checkmate points out, it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

9/9/2018 8:27:36 AMNYTBQNS, Q114-LTD Buses, High Tide/FloodingQ114-LTD buses are detoured because of a high tide on Brookville Blvd causing flooding conditions. Detour is as follows: Northbound to Parsons Blvd/Hillside Av: Via Rockaway Blvd, right on Guy R Brewer Blvd and then resume their regular route. Southbound to Seagirt Blvd: Via Guy R Brewer Blvd, left on Rockaway Blvd and then resume their regular route. Corresponding stops will be made along the detoured route.

For Snake rd., that's par for the course.....

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I love it when there's a 16 minute wait for an (R) at Whitehall and the x27 is just five minutes away... Easy decision to make.

Got home before that (R) train was even in Brooklyn...

Subway Time has been really helpful for me. Before Subway Time, when I waited for the (R) , I would head down into the station, swipe in, wait at the platform hoping the train comes, get fed up, and then walk out of the station. Now, with Subway Time, I head down into the station, look at the countdown clock, and walk right out of the station. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

8 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Subway Time has been really helpful for me. Before Subway Time, when I waited for the (R) , I would head down into the station, swipe in, wait at the platform hoping the train comes, get fed up, and then walk out of the station. Now, with Subway Time, I head down into the station, look at the countdown clock, and walk right out of the station. 

The other cool that about Subway time is that you can also look at your phone before even walking in, to know if you should take the train or not.

BusTime and Subway Time are Lifesavers when planning your trip.

Edited by Lil 57

1 hour ago, P3F said:

Would there be any demand for a revival of the X29? Or does the BM3 (along with the subways) make it unnecessary?

It's been thrown around over the years (X29 revival).  Its never quite picked up any steam though.  I'll put it on our list of things to propose down the road, perhaps as part of the Brooklyn Express Bus Re-design.

18 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's been thrown around over the years (X29 revival).  Its never quite picked up any steam though.  I'll put it on our list of things to propose down the road, perhaps as part of the Brooklyn Express Bus Re-design.

This is very interesting. This is something that the South Brooklyn delegation needs to tackle on.  

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

This is very interesting. This is something that the South Brooklyn delegation needs to tackle on.  

I did some research on the X29 a few years ago to see if there was any talk of bringing it back.  It was shortly after I had finished working with several elected officials to help restore weekend service on the X28.  From what I've been able to find, a few elected officials that were running in the area brought it up.  I think the area towards the end of the route near Coney Island has been the most vocal about it, but it's never had anyone at the forefront.  I would need to do more research to see who would ride it and from where since it's been years since I have used it.  The X28 was a lot easier to target because I've used it quite often on weekends so I knew who was asking for it to be restored.  

9 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I did some research on the X29 a few years ago to see if there was any talk of bringing it back.  It was shortly after I had finished working with several elected officials to help restore weekend service on the X28.  From what I've been able to find, a few elected officials that were running in the area brought it up.  I think the area towards the end of the route near Coney Island has been the most vocal about it, but it's never had anyone at the forefront.  I would need to do more research to see who would ride it and from where since it's been years since I have used it.  The X28 was a lot easier to target because I've used it quite often on weekends so I knew who was asking for it to be restored.  

Most of the ridership I believe is from the end of Coney Island to Kings Highway. However, most have resorted to the (B)(Q)  and that fares may be going up again. I don’t think the x29 will solve issues. When the x27 and x28 were reinstated the 29 should of been there too. However, TA felt it duplicated the subway it was no need. 

Once the Brooklyn re-design planners come to shop i will be in attendance to see what they will offer and what solutions can be offered. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Most of the ridership I believe is from the end of Coney Island to Kings Highway. However, most have resorted to the (B)(Q)  and that fares may be going up again. I don’t think the x29 will solve issues. When the x27 and x28 were reinstated the 29 should of been there too. However, TA felt it duplicated the subway it was no need. 

Once the Brooklyn re-design planners come to shop i will be in attendance to see what they will offer and what solutions can be offered. 

The X27 was restored first because it had the ridership.  I knew the X28 would a lot harder because the (MTA) argued that riders could simply take the subway, even though areas like Cropsey Avenue are not that close to it.  I think I started several petitions over the years and contacted several elected officials who represented X28 riders.  I would say the majority of them were overwhelmingly helpful because they had a lot of people that were disabled or unable to use the subway among others that said that without the line they could not get to Manhattan given the ADA issues in the area, so I kept at it.  Kept circulating my petitions and following up with elected officials.  It was Senator Golden who really kept the pressure on.  Unfortunately he represents more of the X28 than he does the X29, and I'm not sure what sort of pull those elected officials have.