Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

12 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I take it everyday and its been very packed since school started back. Unfortunately it won't be artic until two years from now so we have to deal with standards until then. But also double parked cars and trucks disrupt service so often buses are slowed down so at major stops lots of people are waiting for it. Today I was waiting for the bus at kings hwy station on 16th street and two trucks were blocking traffic like it was nothing but as soon as they left like three 82 buses came bunched. A lot of fare beating happens as well though. 

How is weekend service? Decent or sardines?

13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Fine unless the buses bunch.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

Yes, but how are they going to deactivate the machines on weekends? They would have to be able to do it remotely if that is even possible. Or will they just keep your money if you don't see a sign saying no weekend service or tell you to give the receipt to the local operator instead of paying a fare? 

Also, has anyone seen the new traffic congestion on the main road near Mr Sinai Hospital because of the unnecessary bus lanes, just as I predicted, with virtually no place to switch between the main road and service road making left or right turns very difficult for cars and trucks? 

Just like how other SBS routes have deactivated machines late nights (like the Bx12 and Bx41) "SBS not running use the local"

2 minutes ago, GreatOne2k said:

Just like how other SBS routes have deactivated machines late nights (like the Bx12 and Bx41) "SBS not running use the local"

Since when? When I used the Bx12 Local I still see the SBS machines on.

40 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Depends. Like more so between flatbush avenue and ralph it can dwindle but for either ends of the route it can be packed more so on the western end going to bensenhourt and coney island. Thats why I don't get why they're only doing sbs on weekdays. Midwood brooklyn is booming and a lot of people who don't feel like transferring to the B83 will want to shop at midwood once that Target opens next year. 

17 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Since when? When I used the Bx12 Local I still see the SBS machines on.

The Machines are still on, they Just display "Bx12 +SBS+ not running, use the Bx12 Local." The machines also do not accept payments during those hours... and for the Quarters machine, its just like the Parking meter during off hours.

2 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

The Machines are still on, they Just display "Bx12 +SBS+ not running, use the Bx12 Local." The machines also do not accept payments during those hours... and for the Quarters machine, its just like the Parking meter during off hours.

You have a picture by any chance?