BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Yeah I'll be speaking with Andy up in Riverdale.

Andy's a straight shooter he's not afraid to take criticism or take on fire. I appreciated that more than anything.  I might try to catch a meeting in the Bronx. 

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

You were at the Brooklyn meeting? I was there at the beginning, and Andy wasn't there at the beginning like he was in Jamaica, so I assumed he was going to bounce after 8:30pm and I didn't bother sticking around.

I did get to speak to Sarah and a few people from Road Operations, though.

I was at the meeting in Brooklyn..  Medgar Evers College right?

1 minute ago, RailRunRob said:

Andy's a straight shooter he's not afraid to take criticism or take on fire. I appreciated that more than anything.  I might try to catch a meeting in the Bronx. 

Yeah we interacted via e-mail, and he was quite responsive to my criticisms about express bus service when I spoke before the board last month, which I found refreshing.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah we interacted via e-mail, and he was quite responsive to my criticisms about express bus service when I spoke before the board last month, which I found refreshing.

Yeah, Andy's approach is pretty logical reach out more and get people more involved in the process. Educate people on the process and get the Local politicians on the hook. Definitely, a good move getting folks organized around express service up there. Good job on that.

3 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yes, Medgar Evers. I was there from around 5:40pm - 6:20pm in an orange jacket.

I came in around 6:20-30 ish they were getting ready to start when I came in. I stayed until 9  I didn't get a chance  to submit a question talked to them after.

52 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

How do you contact him directly via email? Does he share his business email with the public?

Edited by JeremiahC99

7 hours ago, East New York said:

Correction. They do have enough. The remaining buses on EN's delivery list are for local service from what I am being told.

Seeing the schedule headways between Spring Creek and Cropsey Av, the number fits. If it was to Stillwell Av, then it'll be almost the entire order. 

6 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

How do you contact him directly via email? Does he share his business email with the public?

The (MTA) is a public agency. I wrote to him and he responded and we exchanged several correspondences, so when I came to speak before the board, he pretty much knew who I was. What I will say is people should write accordingly if they want to be taken seriously. No crazy proposals. My requests so far have been logical. Scheduled trips should be showing up and should be on-time, and if they aren’t something should be done about them. Anything else that I advocate for will be along those lines.  We have some riders that want their stops back. Well I’m sorry but we can’t put all of the stops back, BUT we can and should have them placed in logical areas so that they are accessible and we find a happy medium.

14 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Q64 pulled a @Deucey on me this morning... 

My usual op can get the bus from Forest Hills to 150th/Queens College in roughly 10 minutes. She's often the reason why I'm on time to my 9:15 :lol: 

Anyway today I got someone else and the guy was ridiculously slow... He took five minutes just to go from 70th Road to 108 and Jewel... Overall 20 minutes to 150th and needless to say, I was late to class. <_<

I take the Q64 from Jewel Ave and Kissena Blvd to Forest Hills 71st in the morning and its very annoying when I catch one of those "safe drivers". I can't stand when they are crawling, and they pull into the stops slowly and stop at lights that have about 5 secs before it changes red. I guess driving like that is what they are suppose to do, but it drives me nuts because a 12-14 minute ride easily can turn into a 20 minute ride when they are moving so slow.  

I do like it when the occasional XD60 pops up on the Q64 as there were two occasions where I can recall the bus being completely full. 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, MHV9218 said:

Ultimategamer's got a point though. 5205 is in the system as an FP bus but hasn't run since May, and 5204 has been out about a week and a half too. Anybody confirm what the story is on those? If there's a maintenance issue, you'd think the buses would be at a CMF or such. Local storage? 

I missed this somehow, so I will quote it here. 5204 ran last Wednesday on the Q58. Disposition pending. 5205 has been retired.

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

When it’s the next nova delivery to be scheduled? Later this month.

Buses already built and ready for delivery to Gun Hill

Pending Notice to Proceed as we speak. Because of the timeline for this option order, no pilot buses were required and the delivery is set to begin immediately. 5441, and 5443 are the audit/configuration buses being used for the option order as well.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:43 AM, Lil 57 said:

Hope that B/O gets fired (or arrested for endangering a child). That's not right at all.

And it so happens that the B/O only got suspended for only 10 days. IMO she should have been fired due to the reasons I stated above.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/02/bus-driver-accused-of-laughing-while-driving-off-with-girl-pinned-in-door/

On 10/1/2018 at 10:20 AM, Around the Horn said:

The Q64 pulled a @Deucey on me this morning... 

My usual op can get the bus from Forest Hills to 150th/Queens College in roughly 10 minutes. She's often the reason why I'm on time to my 9:15 :lol: 

Anyway today I got someone else and the guy was ridiculously slow... He took five minutes just to go from 70th Road to 108 and Jewel... Overall 20 minutes to 150th and needless to say, I was late to class. <_<

(MTA) did me worse: the 6:53 bus I normally would take now arrives at 7am at Hamilton/Westervelt, and the 6:43 leaves the same location at 6:40.

So guess who's now walking to the ferry until he gets the stamina to bike to 49th/Madison???

On 10/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, Yankees4life said:

Yeah, they have enough. Even if they need more, they can just borrow from FB. But the orders were sufficient it seems

How do you borrow from FB if they need their own spares possibly for the 44 SBS. I usually see 1 XD40 working the 44SBS in the morning to Williamsburg than flip over to the 46. [Direct interline] 

Now, what needs to happen is that when ENY gets the rest of their order designate 2 to 5 spares for the 82. 

With all the SBS routes in Brooklyn, they need to start changing the map colors on the routes colored in dark blue that are not SBS. It's starting to look like mess in Northern Brooklyn, and its already one SE Brooklyn. Also, IDK why they did not separate the B82 local and SBS like they did for the B46. That contributes even more to all the dark blue through the area.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

With all the SBS routes in Brooklyn, they need to start changing the map colors on the routes colored in dark blue that are not SBS. It's starting to look like mess in Northern Brooklyn, and its already one SE Brooklyn. Also, IDK why they did not separate the B82 local and SBS like they did for the B46. That contributes even more to all the dark blue through the area.

They got lazy it seems and rushed an edit in on the maps.

12 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The B41 really should go back to being purple and the B54 should go back to green... I have no idea why they changed it in the first place.

The map that's a real mess is Manhattan... Why they made the M55 gold instead of green like it is on BusTime is beyond me 

Just now, Around the Horn said:

The B41 really should go back to being purple and the B54 should go back to green... I have no idea why they changed it in the first place.

The map that's a real mess is Manhattan... Why they made the M55 gold instead of green like it is on BusTime is beyond me 

The M55 is a mess period.  They often times can't even make the full trips from South Ferry to 44th street. They short turn then sometimes before 23rd street, and then there's the lovely driver change before 34th street.  The route does see usage though, but it would be much better if they didn't have such nonsense going on.