BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, East New York said:

That’s a sticky situation. Drivers have been assaulted and even killed over demanding fare on multiple occasions. It’s not their jobs to demand anything actually. With strollers that’s a differ thing. It’s about common courtesy. 

also, it's a safety hazard. anyone at any point could trip & fall with strollers in the way. I've seen it happen way too many times. closing a stroller is not negotiable on any bus i operate 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

This is a message for @Copper456, if you're going to thumbs down posts and not post or contribute a thing to the forums, then don't do it at all.

I have given thumbs down before, though I'd much rather explain what I feel is wrong with something instead of mass dislike everything relating to it on a thread. A little funny to watch this happen since these thumbs down does nothing to your reputation but I digress.

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I just wish there was a way to block this person that doesn’t contribute to the board at all, but can’t seem to do it. 

You can personally block people IIRC, or the moderator can lift his/her "hammer" down on them as well, though @Copper456 isn't much of a threat in this state so I'd just move on.

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

1 minute ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I have given thumbs down before, though I'd much rather explain what I feel is wrong with something instead of mass dislike everything relating to it on a thread. A little funny to watch this happen since these thumbs down does nothing to your reputation but I digress.

You can personally block people IIRC, or the moderator can lift his/her hammer down on them as well, though @Copper456 isn't much of a threat in this state so I'd just move on.

You are right about that. Not even going to worry about that. Just sit back and have some 🍿 on this expense. 

3 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

You can personally block people IIRC, or the moderator can lift his/her "hammer" down on them as well, though @Copper456 isn't much of a threat in this state so I'd just move on.

It's a little annoying to see someone just randomly thumbs downing posts and not post a thing on their own behalf. Unless that person has a reason(like you do) as to why they are doing it, they shouldn't do it at all if they don't contribute to the forums.

Well sorry if you guys don't like me disliking posts and upvoting posts without contributing. There is a react button and I reacted. i like reading content more than typing. But if you want me to contribute then I will contribute. Sorry guys...

Edited by Copper456

2 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I've never negged anyone on here.... for that exact same reason.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

It's a little annoying to see someone just randomly thumbs downing posts and not post a thing on their own behalf. Unless that person has a reason(like you do) as to why they are doing it, they shouldn't do it at all if they don't contribute to the forums.

1 hour ago, Copper456 said:

Well sorry if you guys don't like me disliking posts and upvoting posts without contributing. There is a react button and I reacted. i like reading content more than typing. But if you want me to contribute then I will contribute. Sorry guys...

I see both sides of this....

I get into my lazy moments where I don't feel like posting squat, kicking back & perusing posts too.... At the same time though, whenever someone sees someone's forum handle without a single post to their name, doing more negging (which adds insult to injury, so to speak) than anything, I can see where that can get irritating... Especially over the course of a couple months or whatever....

Keeping it a buck, if dude did as much upvoting as he does negging posts, this wouldn't be an issue..... People in general, at minimum, want to be understood & negging posts w/o explanation, raises questions in people's minds.... This is why you don't hear shit from anybody when they're getting upvoted :lol:

In laymen's, it isn't the fact that you're (generally) reacting to posts & not posting... I'm not even here to tell you that you should start posting more (not my place, not my prerogative, TBH)... What I am saying is that there has been an establishment of a reputation on here of specifically negging posts w/o saying anything....

Speaking of raising questions, what made Future's post neg-worthy (or thumbs-down worthy) anyway? It wasn't a preposterous question, nor was it so obvious that a caveman could do it... Lol.

Edited by B35 via Church

17 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I rode a JG and a SC C40 back to back and both buses sounded completely different despite having the same powertrain. The C40LF is my favorite LF bus (The old DD50 powered ones  JG had made me fall in love with that model) I've been sleeping on these new C40s, I gotta ride them more often.

You might have gotten on a bus without transmission modifications

2 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

You might have gotten on a bus without transmission modifications

Nah....there's something about those SC C40s that makes them sound different from the others. They also sound much different from the CP C40s. The few they got from SC sounds different from the rest of the CP batch.

9 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Nah....there's something about those SC C40s that makes them sound different from the others. They also sound much different from the CP C40s. The few they got from SC sounds different from the rest of the CP batch.

Really? I never seemed to notice until either of you mentioned it...perhaps I need to ride them more often.

36 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

I'm gonna tell you what you told me 5 years ago, "It's the same shifting. The only difference is the lack of HVAC." That's what I was trying to tell you about the 4800 XD40s with LBSS. 

24 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm gonna tell you what you told me 5 years ago, "It's the same shifting. The only difference is the lack of HVAC." That's what I was trying to tell you about the 4800 XD40s with LBSS. 

That has nothing to do with it because it has absolutely nothing to do with the transmissions....they're louder on the inside and outside. I think it has to do with the exhaust.

Edited by Cait Sith

8 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Bus 3022 signed up as a QM5 appears to be broken down on the LIE to Queens. Sitting in the middle of the LIE with his flashers on. 

At least today is an observed holiday for most people.

But in all seriousness waiting 2 years for a new express bus order is completely unacceptable. Hope the (MTA) can put an emergency RFP to order some express buses at once. 

56 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Bus 3022 signed up as a QM5 appears to be broken down on the LIE to Queens. Sitting in the middle of the LIE with his flashers on. 

Well that means those old 2XXX buses will be out and about.  Our favorite buses with their sunken in seats, shoddy shocks and signage that can barely be seen..<_<  I took about five trips Saturday between the QM2, QM5 and QM6. The QM6 to North Shore Towers that I was on reeked of cigarette smoke and the seat was broken (wouldn't recline).  Another QM2 trip I got to Bay Terrace had some tissue stuck in the blowers and the one back to Midtown it had cracks all in the overhead area with it hanging down.  Imagine that falling on you as you're sitting there... College Point and Ulmer Park are two of the worst depots when it comes to maintenance.

45852219_10215175613116123_1580400570240

Disgusting floor:

45854259_10215175612996120_6001994102105

18 hours ago, Copper456 said:

Yes, please do!! Even in the employment section of the website, if you look at this page towards the middle and the bottom, there was a discrepancy and instead of giving everyone a thumbs down and starting a fight, we were able to resolve it.

In addition, if you contribute, there might be an anonymous guest out there who likes your viewpoint, and, as a result, they might join the site to contribute their input as well.

Therefore, you never know. In addition, if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to one of the staff. Although we also have lives like you, we'll make an effort to help you one way or another.