Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Posted (edited)

the m101s have 9 LFSes and 1 NG (and some LFSAs)

Edited by mine248

Note to SI LTD bus riders

Don't expect to see any LTD service running tommorow, save the S89 and S93. The snowstorm has made SI give alot of their LFS buses to Manhattan. This will make a shortage of buses for tommorow which would ultimately lead to the (MTA) cancelling LTD service.

39 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

If anyone's interested, 6884 is on the Bx8 right now. (most likely a loan)

Adding to that list, 8481 on the Bx33, 6891 on the Bx35, 8056 on the Bx36, and 6862 on the Bx46

15 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Don't expect to see any LTD service running tommorow, save the S89 and S93. The snowstorm has made SI give alot of their LFS buses to Manhattan. This will make a shortage of buses for tommorow which would ultimately lead to the (MTA) cancelling LTD service.

LTD gets cancelled in bad weather anyway

57 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

They rarely ever do the the whole snowstorm loaner thing on weekdays, SI will probably get their buses back overnight.

Wow, I just seen a video on Youtube of Double Decker museum bus 1263 running under its own power. Yea, its was from 2010 but still, I had no idea that a bus from the 1930s was still operational as recently as 2010. I thought it was a static display that had to be towed everywhere.

Here's the video BTW:

I wonder, who is actually going to use OMNY until 2023 when the MetroCard is fully phased out? OMNY would only be available on one bus route and a few train stations. Youll basically needs your MetroCard to transfer and the SIM33 is going to have buses show up w/o OMNY installed on it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I wonder, who is actually going to use OMNY until 2023 when the MetroCard is fully phased out? OMNY would only be available on one bus route and a few train stations. Youll basically needs your MetroCard to transfer and the SIM33 is going to have buses show up w/o OMNY installed on it.

OMNY is going to be installed in phases just like the MetroCard was in the 90's.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

OMNY is going to be installed in phases just like the MetroCard was in the 90's.

How long did it take for the metrocard to be implemented city wide? 

Also do we know if Beeline and other transit agencies will be phasing in OMNY? 

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

In May OMNY will be on all SI routes.

When there's a day that the snowstrorm would be a problem, are all the bus routes running reduced weekday service or weekend service to this case?

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow, I just seen a video on Youtube of Double Decker museum bus 1263 running under its own power. Yea, its was from 2010 but still, I had no idea that a bus from the 1930s was still operational as recently as 2010. I thought it was a static display that had to be towed everywhere.

Here's the video BTW:

Last time i saw one of their DDs running under its own power was back in 2016. It was heading south down the 2nd ave bus lane at 60th very very slowly..

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the middle of the AM Rush and the both the B44 AND B46 SBS is mostly SBS wrapped XD40s. FLA SBS 40FT fleet must have an high spare factor to have all these extra buses on the 44 SBS.

22 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

22 hours ago, trife86 said:

LTD gets cancelled in bad weather anyway

Most LTD’s ran this morning.

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

How will they able to make service with alot of their fleet missing?

Just now, Lil 57 said:

How will they able to make service with alot of their fleet missing?

We still got some horse drawn carriages out here

• LMAO! 10

4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Not in SI, maybe they put up the wrong signs by accident but all limiteds were instructed to make all local stops (minus the 93 and 89 of course) from at least 0430hrs and still on going.

46 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Not in SI, maybe they put up the wrong signs by accident but all limiteds were instructed to make all local stops (minus the 93 and 89 of course) from at least 0430hrs and still on going.

You sure? I did see some SI LTD’s on bustime, unless the wrong signs were put up like you suggested.

31 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

You sure? I did see some SI LTD’s on bustime, unless the wrong signs were put up like you suggested.

My dad took an S94 to work so they were running.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

My dad took an S94 to work so they were running.

You can say it was running if you want, but it was making all local stops hence it's running as a regular 44

Even says it on the MTA website if you want to look

"
All borough limited buses are making local stops in both directions because of inclement weather. "

This happens every year.

Edited by trife86
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Yes I'm sure lol. 

3 minutes ago, trife86 said:

You can say it was running if you want, but it was making all local stops hence it's running as a regular 44

Even says it on the MTA website if you want to look

"
All borough limited buses are making local stops in both directions because of inclement weather. "

This happens every year.

He said it was quick, maybe people were stepping aside at local stops, thinking that it wasn't going to stop and people on the bus only pulled the coard at LTD stops, thinking that it was a true LTD.