Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Hey can someone explain how Bus Interlining works? I don’t understand how the term interlining makes sense when it comes to buses

No problem.... But first, I'd like to know what is your understanding of the term, interlining?

Let's start there, bud...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Hey can someone explain how Bus Interlining works? I don’t understand how the term interlining makes sense when it comes to buses

It's like this:
-A bus op starts at Spring Creek leaving the garage to do a round trip on the B100, then deadheads from Kings Hwy to Brooklyn College to do a roundtrip from Brooklyn College to Canarsie as a B103 Limited. Later deadheads to either Williams Av for break (later doing a roundtrip to Dowtown Brooklyn).

Edited by Calvin

Why do some B/Os drive insanely slow? I get that sometimes it's with scheduling, but on the B9 today there was one b/o who almost drove at walking speed with no cars in front of him and then the B9 behind him managed to catch up, creating bunching. Although weekend B9 service in general is atrocious. Only reason I haven't started taking an uber yet is cuz at least the bus is only S2.75,

1 hour ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Why do some B/Os drive insanely slow? I get that sometimes it's with scheduling, but on the B9 today there was one b/o who almost drove at walking speed with no cars in front of him and then the B9 behind him managed to catch up, creating bunching. Although weekend B9 service in general is atrocious. Only reason I haven't started taking an uber yet is cuz at least the bus is only S2.75,

I was on an B83 that crawled for no reason a couple days ago, bus got caught in traffic around Broadway Junction, Alabama Ave area and still crawled, and our follower passed us and we never caught up to him.

13 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Then you get why they drive insanely slow.

Does daylight savings affect service overnight? (Ex. Bus departs C.I at 1AM and gets to Spring Crk Twrs at 2AM but it's 3AM today with a B82 to depart C.I at 2AM)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Does daylight savings affect service overnight? (Ex. Bus departs C.I at 1AM and gets to Spring Crk Twrs at 2AM but it's 3AM today with a B82 to depart C.I at 2AM)

Guess that thay just skip the 2AM departure.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Anybody know why there's like 5-6 MJQ 40FT buses parked on 1st Ave near E27th street? 

I work out of that depot. Just like my uncle said(co worker), we have those buses there to remind us what don't we want to pull in and for drivers to start the service quickly/drag them to a terminal, extra shifts. Or even leave them as spare buses in case of any bus break downs, that a supervisor have to bring another one after the broke down units gets towed. Every depot does the same too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

6 Orion VII CNGs are left at WF: 145, 7792 and 7815-7819

the numbers are right but you made a very small counting error: it's 7
(Disclaimer: I don't mean this in a pejorative way)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, King Transit said:

I work out of that depot. Just like my uncle said(co worker), we have those buses there to remind us what don't we want to pull in and for drivers to start the service quickly/drag them to a terminal, extra shifts. Or even leave them as spare buses in case of any bus break downs, that a supervisor have to bring another one after the broke down units gets towed. Every depot does the same too.

You work out of Quill? 

As a high school student at that? 

That sounds a little farfetched...the last thing we need are fans pretending that they work for the MTA(and I can name a few that have done that right off the bat)...what do you do? 

Edited by Cait Sith
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, King Transit said:

i call SHENANIGANS. that's NOT how it works, fella. and SLD's/superintendents NEVER drive buses to broken down buses on the road. other OPERATORS do that. wtf are you talking about?! 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry
  • Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

You work out of Quill? 

That sounds a little farfetched...the last thing we need are fans pretending that they work for the MTA(and I can name a few that have done that right off the bat)...what do you do? 

dude is completely INACCURATE. I'm not even going to completely wreck what he said, on the strength of not giving away "family secrets" so to speak, but that's NOT how it works, not at Quill or any TA/OA yard. foh with this PHONY 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

You work out of Quill? 

That was my uncle, he hired me as a supervisor apprentice

• LMAO! 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, King Transit said:

Just so you know, he's not actually allowed to do that.....

The fact that you have an actual operator questioning what you just said raises enough suspicions as it is. 

Edited by Cait Sith

19 hours ago, King Transit said:

5 hours ago, King Transit said:

Why are you embarrassing your uncle like this....

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Just so you know, he's not actually allowed to do that.....

The fact that you have an actual operator questioning what you just said raises enough suspicions as it is. 

Lol, I didn't say anything myself cause I didn't even know what the hell his rant was going on about.

8 hours ago, King Transit said:

Alright, no sweat "Supervisor Apprentice" King Transit.

PM me with your last name and pass #

23 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Anybody know why there's like 5-6 MJQ 40FT buses parked on 1st Ave near E27th street? 

Anyone wondering about the real reason, this is the terminal of the M9.

• Thanks 2
  • LMAO! 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, King Transit said:

Hello good sir, I'm a fellow salesman and would like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge!

• LMAO! 7

22 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Hello good sir, I'm a fellow salesman and would like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge!

Deblasio will soon charge us for that anyway no need to sell it lol.

• LMAO! 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, trife86 said:

Deblasio will soon charge us for that anyway no need to sell it lol.

it'd probably be easier for DeBlasio to create the salesman apprentice title and have him try to pawn off the friggin bridge 😑😒

On 3/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, King Transit said:

I work out of that depot. 

Hot Wheels doesn't count 😉

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 8
  • Sad 1

The M9 has 20 minute headways on Sundays so I was surprised to see so many buses parked there. I thought they was using MTA buses to shuttle people for some kind of event or something like that. Sometimes they do use MTA buses for misc events like cop funerals, etc.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

The M9 has 20 minute headways on Sundays so I was surprised to see so many buses parked there. I thought they was using MTA buses to shuttle people for some kind of event or something like that. Sometimes they do use MTA buses for misc events like cop funerals, etc.

here's the possibility for what you saw. some operators were probably on their swing, and instead of killing time pulling in from the east side to the west, they kept their bus to use for the second half of their run. trust me, if you have a 43 minute swing and to pull in & out your paddle gives you 20 minutes each, keeping your bus adds valuable time to your swing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2