BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Today I managed to get on an unusual S74 trip. Today I had to get to Rossville Ave so I took the SIM4C to Aen Ave to transfer to the S74. I missed one that was left around 10 minutes ago and the next one was 16 minutes away. I decided to walk the 15 minutes to Rossville Ave, however, while I was walking, A Yukon bus (4245) that was parked at the ETC when I passed there on the SIM4C passed by. I managed to get on it and took it a few stops to Rossville Ave. There was no gap in Bricktown Bound buses so I don't know why this short trip from the ETC to Bricktown happened.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, the only thing the MTA was correct about the RTS was ENY losing it's remaining RTS by the end of the month.

However, there's a catch. They only retired about 3-6 RTS out of Flatbush instead of a dozen like they promised by the end of March (which is today). So they lied on that note. In fact, there were several RTS out on the B41, B44, and B46 this weekend, which should signify that they have a lot more life in them. 

3 hours ago, Missabassie said:

I know right.....

Word.

You know you're getting old when the (sports) players you grew up watching becoming coaches now & when the public transportation fleet (bus or train) you grew up riding as a kid ending up being reefed, or otherwise permanently OOS...

07underwater.jpg

35 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

You know, the only thing the MTA was correct about the RTS was ENY losing it's remaining RTS by the end of the month.

However, there's a catch. They only retired about 3-6 RTS out of Flatbush instead of a dozen like they promised by the end of March (which is today). So they lied on that note. In fact, there were several RTS out on the B41, B44, and B46 this weekend, which should signify that they have a lot more life in them. 

Do you really think some random resident or politician has the time to go to a depot and count EVERY old bus down there? Of course something like this was bound to happen and honestly it's not that big a deal. The only thing people care about is if the RTS are gone by May 10th.

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

However, in the situation of Flatbush there aren’t any replacements. They are down to 42 RTS. If FB scraps all of their buses in the likely hood very soon. They have no choice to get NG’s from Grand Avenue or from Yukon. 

1 hour ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Anyone know why this site doesn't seem to update it's roster as quickly?

http://ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Depot_Summary 

Sometimes it can be neglected for more than a month.

Not everyone has time 24/7 to update these things...give it time.

3 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Anyone know why this site doesn't seem to update it's roster as quickly?

http://ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Depot_Summary 

Sometimes it can be neglected for more than a month.

Considering that I'm rebuilding 1851 pages on the MAIN site of ttmg.org, Watermarking nearly 25,000 photos all while working a full time job and taking care of two buses... I'd say relax and wait a sec.

Edited by The Real

20 minutes ago, The Real said:

Considering that I'm rebuilding 1851 pages on the MAIN site of ttmg.org, Watermarking nearly 25,000 photos all while working a full time job and taking care of two buses... I'd say relax and wait a sec.

My bad bro, didn't know how hard it is to run a site like that. For some reason I thought anyone can edit it like Wikipedia.

37 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

My bad bro, didn't know how hard it is to run a site like that. For some reason I thought anyone can edit it like Wikipedia.

Not even close, when I do update the bus roster it takes me almost 2 hours. Because I go through each Depot double checking stuff that's retired, various movements, double and triple checking various information aside from physically typing out the wiki.

3 hours ago, The Real said:

Not even close, when I do update the bus roster it takes me almost 2 hours. Because I go through each Depot double checking stuff that's retired, various movements, double and triple checking various information aside from physically typing out the wiki.

Quite impressive. I wish I could lend a hand but I'm well out of state :D

5 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

So 5503 is making an appearance on the M35 tonight. But I'm pretty sure almost nobody thought M35 SBS was finished.

The question is: Where's the Eagle team at when you need them?

Edited by Calvin

Why did 145 (Orion VII CNG originally numbered 7685) stick around for much longer than the rest of those buses and get renumbered, despite the rest of them being retired in near consecutive order? Were the tanks on this unit renewed? 

8 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

Why did 145 (Orion VII CNG originally numbered 7685) stick around for much longer than the rest of those buses and get renumbered, despite the rest of them being retired in near consecutive order? Were the tanks on this unit renewed? 

I would assume it was one of those buses that arrived after the delivery of the Orion VII CNGs so it's about equivalent to if there was a bus numbered 7820.