Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Bus has SBS Wrapping? 

It's in local scheme with SBS stickers at the doors. 

59901926_408590883307002_854310321349722

I heard something about SBS branding being phased out after OMNY goes fully live so it might not ever get SBS wrap 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I heard something about SBS branding being phased out after OMNY goes fully live so it might not ever get SBS wrap 

SBS is being phased out? Or is it just the wrapping?

8 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Just the separate branding, because all the buses would have all door boarding at that point. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Sbs is a replacement to the limited but sbs most likely won’t be implemented on certain routes as it’s supposed to because all door boarding will be on buses. 

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_pi.php?PROJNUM=t7120419&PLTYPE=6

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_budget.php?PROJNUM=t7120419&PLTYPE=6

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_budhist.php?PROJNUM=t7120419&PLTYPE=6

New York City Transit 

Project: T7120419

Description: Queens Depot Property and Environmental Prep

Category: Depots

Element: Depot Improvements

xxxxxxxxxx

This project is for property acquisition for a potential new bus depot due to planned work in the vicinity of Mets-Willets Point station. The proposed work is for a portion of the existing "Tully'' property be converted to an interim bus parking lot.

Design Start May 2018

Design End May 2019

Const Start July 2019

Const End June 2020

19 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Lol, NYCB on the sides and MTAB at the back. Equal opportunity!

Ride 3992, MTAB on the driver's side, NYCT on the back and just the (MTA) logo on the passenger side.

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Looks like they'll go with the SBS Scheme, if you look closely at the door, you can see the scheme under and to some extent the lines on the current local wrap.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Looks like they'll go with the SBS Scheme, if you look closely at the door, you can see the scheme under and to some extent the lines on the current local wrap.

It may be unwrapped. It may not. MTA can do whatever they want at this point as in the future it won't really matter if 6234 gets a new look or not.

The DOT is back with the double billboard of Vision Zero for the XD40’s. This would be a great opportunity to see at least the top equivalent of that billboard on a LFS or LFSA. The dimensions of the billboard fit perfectly for the Nova buses. 

0010 is still alive and kicking! It’s in the Bronx doing a MetroCard bus round. I thought that bus retired 10 years ago 😂

TIL the I❤️NY artics on the Q114 & the I❤️NY artics on the Q44 have their USB charging ports in different places

What will the rockaway parkway redesign look like ? What new features, new bus terminals? Like what the plan for this project 

A couple of questions:

1. Are the B91/92 free shuttle buses, or do they use up a transfer?

2. Is Williamsburg Plaza the terminal for these two?

So the new SI novas have the "bus is turning" announcement. It'll be a matter of time before SI'ers complain.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

A couple of questions:

They are free, and yes, the terminal is at WBP.

44 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

A couple of questions:

Read the description and view the whole ride of how works....

Extremely confused at why there are 3 XD40’s on the Q44. Did they give away all the artics to the (A) shuttle and realize that they didn’t keep spares... All except one of the XD40’s are bunching up with the artics LOL

B91 and B92 buses barely have any passengers riding either one of those buses. I saw a lot of empty buses and one bus with one passenger on it.

3 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Extremely confused at why there are 3 XD40’s on the Q44. Did they give away all the artics to the (A) shuttle and realize that they didn’t keep spares... All except one of the XD40’s are bunching up with the artics LOL

And they can't even use an artic on the (J) shuttle, but they use some artics on the (A) shuttle. (J) shuttle bus was packed like crazy sardines.

3 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

There are no Stengel artics on the (A) Shuttle.

15 of them have been taken OOS, probably for routine maintenance work. 

3 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

And they can't even use an artic on the (J) shuttle, but they use some artics on the (A) shuttle. (J) shuttle bus was packed like crazy sardines.

This weekend's (J) shuttle is operated by the Brooklyn Division. Flatbush is currently short on artics because of these recent moves and they haven't gotten anything back, and Jackie Gleason has yet to put any of their artics on any shuttles.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

B91 and B92 buses barely have any passengers riding either one of those buses. I saw a lot of empty buses and one bus with one passenger on it.

Like my video I posted, I was the only person on that bus. But we had a white woman riding it, that made 2 of us until she got off at the next stop when the GA dispatcher got on to advise. Then, I was the only person again until I got off at the terminal I took off at

I rode the J shuttle today. Not during rush hours but it wasn't packed. My bus ended up bunching with 2 others and eventually passing them. The lights are so out of sync that buses can easily catch up to its leader. 

I think a Gleason driver also got lost too because as we were approaching Crescent St, he came outta nowhere from a side street with passengers. I thought it was the shuttle going back to Bway Junction but NOPE lol.

Watched a video of the 0010 Metrocard bus, unbelievably there's still a 6v92 in there, blue smoke coming out the ground-level pipe and all! Damn that brings me back! The only sad part is the flipdot got swapped out for a newer one...as "The Phoenix" that bus still had its original single-line display from the GMC order, but now there's a sign from the Nova fleet. Makes sense since they want newer codes in there, but shame given all the oldies the original had (SI routes in the 100s, etc.).