BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

On 5/29/2019 at 9:47 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Just spotted a B47 with a Flatlands Avenue short turn sign. For as long as I’ve lived in Canarsie-East Flatbush the 47 never short turns anywhere. 

Still, the route needs to be split. The southern part of the route covered by Flatbush and northern part by Grand. 

never seen a flatlands avenue short sign either, but I personally know GA b/o's that have been cut short in that general area by console, instructions being to make either Farragut road (glenwood houses) or glenwood road their last stop. if the last stop is Farragut, the turnaround is left east 76 (milky way corner-store) right glenwood, right Ralph and regular. i can't remember the turnaround for the glenwood cut, and i can only assume what the flatlands turnaround would be. 

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

never seen a flatlands avenue short sign either, but I personally know GA b/o's that have been cut short in that general area by console, instructions being to make either Farragut road (glenwood houses) or glenwood road their last stop. if the last stop is Farragut, the turnaround is left east 76 (milky way corner-store) right glenwood, right Ralph and regular. i can't remember the turnaround for the glenwood cut, and i can only assume what the flatlands turnaround would be. 

That is accurate. I’ve seen it happen recently. Put to you this way. Seen it as of Monday Morning AM rush and mid-days and that’s a new sign. 

I believe the Glenwood/Flatlands cut is either Left on East 73rd, Right on K, Right on Ralph than regular OR right on Padegrat Avenue So., right on East 59th, right on H, left on Ralph than regular. 

4 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Ads are usually done by an independent contractor on whatever fleet is available – real test will be what those buses look like inside or out.

Well the former SBS buses are still in the old paint scheme and the blue stripe towards the back is a bit werid.

13 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is accurate. I’ve seen it happen recently. Put to you this way. Seen it as of Monday Morning AM rush and mid-days and that’s a new sign. 

I believe the Glenwood/Flatlands cut is either Left on East 73rd, Right on K, Right on Ralph than regular OR right on Padegrat Avenue So., right on East 59th, right on H, left on Ralph than regular. 

i believe K might be a bit far down, and east 73 I'm not too sure about. safety permitting of course, if I was in that scenario, I'd inform console that I'd exercise one of 2 options: right on J, right on either east 58 or 56 (58 can be kinda tight depending on who parks on that corner) right on flatlands, left on Ralph, then regular, first stop being south shore h.s. which is what they'd arguably prefer. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

14 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i believe K might be a bit far down, and east 73 I'm not too sure about. safety permitting of course, if I was in that scenario, I'd inform console that I'd exercise one of 2 options: right on J, right on either east 58 or 56 (58 can be kinda tight depending on who parks on that corner) right on flatlands, left on Ralph, then regular, first stop being south shore h.s. which is what they'd arguably prefer. 

Correct. I think 56 would be the preferred option than 58. 58th can get tight. 

4 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Ads are usually done by an independent contractor on whatever fleet is available – real test will be what those buses look like inside or out.

I believe the ads are placed on buses by Outfront Media Contractors or depot personnel. I could be wrong on this. 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:47 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Just spotted a B47 with a Flatlands Avenue short turn sign. For as long as I’ve lived in Canarsie-East Flatbush the 47 never short turns anywhere. 

Still, the route needs to be split. The southern part of the route covered by Flatbush and northern part by Grand. 

Yeah...the 47 is a hectic route. From KP to Bed-Stuy. Yeah they need to split it up again...

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

Yeah...the 47 is a hectic route. From KP to Bed-Stuy. Yeah they need to split it up again...

My problem is, that sometimes I take it from the C train station on Fulton St. Getting form there up until the 3 train station/passing thru it really feels like riding the B41(being restored). With heaviest bunch and the crowding on the interior of the bus scares me. 

50 minutes ago, King Transit said:

My problem is, that sometimes I take it from the C train station on Fulton St. Getting form there up until the 3 train station/passing thru it really feels like riding the B41(being restored). With heaviest bunch and the crowding on the interior of the bus scares me. 

Yeah. If I'm trying to get the (3) from there. I would stay at the (C) flip it for the (S) and then the (3)...

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think the Yukon buses transferred to Manhattanville, MQ, and FB have readers too. Will those be active by PM rush or is it Staten Island only launch? 

Staten Island and select subway stations. Pay-per-ride FULL fare only. NO passes, NO reduced fare payments.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think the Yukon buses transferred to Manhattanville, MQ, and FB have readers too. Will those be active by PM rush or is it Staten Island only launch? 

Since they were ex-Staten Island Buses and are on the same OMNY network, I believe so. We just have to wait and see.