Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think the Yukon buses transferred to Manhattanville, MQ, and FB have readers too. Will those be active by PM rush or is it Staten Island only launch? 

Staten Island and select subway stations. Pay-per-ride FULL fare only. NO passes, NO reduced fare payments.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Staten Island and select subway stations. Pay-per-ride FULL fare only. NO passes, NO reduced fare payments.

Would transfers be available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think the Yukon buses transferred to Manhattanville, MQ, and FB have readers too. Will those be active by PM rush or is it Staten Island only launch? 

Since they were ex-Staten Island Buses and are on the same OMNY network, I believe so. We just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Axis said:

#6029 on the Q44 has no functional charging ports

 

2887 has none either. Im wondering why they were even put in to begin with if they dont work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

 

2887 has none either. Im wondering why they were even put in to begin with if they dont work. 

Alot of the 2001-02 MCI buses don't have working ports. Also they don't have WiFi.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Alot of the 2001-02 MCI buses don't have working ports. Also they don't have WiFi.

Lets say that with the Local fleet the USB Charging ports either don't work, are broken, or completely ripped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

This was on the Q70 SBS earlier today

***Artic Q70 SBS***

 

Heard about this earlier today. I was wondering if somebody caught it. Looks like it was pulled off the Q53.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

This was on the Q70 SBS earlier today

61770571_691612211272249_647912640417995

 

I wonder how they're managing the turns, cause correct me if I'm wrong some of the turns on the Q70 are really hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I wonder how they're managing the turns, cause correct me if I'm wrong some of the turns on the Q70 are really hard.

The artics can make the same turns as the rigids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

This was on the Q70 SBS earlier today

61770571_691612211272249_647912640417995

 

once again, way to get creative LaGuardia Depot 😂 whoever the SLD is at woodside - 61st... kudos to him/her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Q70 should use artics because it's better Airport passengers.

Edited by bwwnyc123
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Would transfers be available?

Yes, but only between bus routes that have OMNY (or connect to the free SI Ferry) and subway stations that have OMNY.

So S62-ferry- (4)(5) is good but S62-ferry- (1)(R)(W) is no good. Same for the S79 to the (R) at Bay Ridge (although if you get on in Manhattan at a stop with OMNY readers like Union Square, it will work for the reverse trip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yes, but only between bus routes that have OMNY (or connect to the free SI Ferry) and subway stations that have OMNY.

So S62-ferry- (4)(5) is good but S62-ferry- (1)(R)(W) is no good. Same for the S79 to the (R) at Bay Ridge (although if you get on in Manhattan at a stop with OMNY readers like Union Square, it will work for the reverse trip)

So, essentially, if you are the following customers, you can wow yourself as being part of the OMNY "future":

a] Subway-only one-seat rider; b] Subway-subway (participating stations only) rider in both directions; c] Staten Island bus to mainland subway (participating stations only, again) rider in both directions; d] Staten Island-Staten Island local bus only (stay on the island); e] Staten Island bus to mainland, then hoofing it around wherever you get dropped ...

Anything other that those scenarios, and you end up paying multiple fares. So you can't go from SI to Brooklyn and use any local B-routes, same with do Express Bus to Manhattan and get on any local M-routes to get where you're truly going. Somewhere, you pay with OMNY, then have to whip out your Metrocard and pay again.

From the OMNY FAQ:

Quote

Important: You must use the same fare payment system throughout each individual trip to qualify for benefits like free transfers. For example, if you use OMNY to ride the subway, you must use OMNY to obtain your free transfer to a local bus that is equipped with OMNY. You cannot switch between OMNY and MetroCard and still obtain your free transfer. If you switch between OMNY and MetroCard during an individual trip, your transfer will be treated as a new trip, and you will be charged for your transfer.

Over at OMNY.info you CAN register so as to track your OMNY "purchases"/travels, but the biggest omission of registering an OMNY account and then adding your Metrocard serial number to tie the two together (so you retain access to the ENTIRE system) is something worthy of multiple double-facepalms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I got to see the bronx redesign and well caught me by surprise was that the mta is trying to split the Bx15 to have the regular Bx15 go to Fordham and The Hub while this new route that they created which will be the M125 will run from The Hub to Manhattanville via 125st now what are your thoughts on this? As well as which depot should cover this new route? The M125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

BusTime can be weird sometimes. Never knew that the M8 was a limited route.

M8 Limited?

 

Edited by Lil 57
  • LMAO! 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving OMNY so far. 

I commute from S.I to the city via S.I Local bus-Ferry- (4)(5) at Bowling Green. I used it Friday afternoon and it was successful, now today I've updated my Wallet on my phone to have my Express Transit card be synced to Apple pay. So now I can add money to Apple Pay and from my debit card, and just tap my phone on the reader and it'll charge my apple pay card (even when my phone screen is off, it's just automatically set to scan whenever a reader is right next to it). I'll still keep a $5.50 Metrocard for other times I use other lines that don't have it, but for now it's coming in handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm loving OMNY so far. 

I commute from S.I to the city via S.I Local bus-Ferry- (4)(5) at Bowling Green. I used it Friday afternoon and it was successful, now today I've updated my Wallet on my phone to have my Express Transit card be synced to Apple pay. So now I can add money to Apple Pay and from my debit card, and just tap my phone on the reader and it'll charge my apple pay card (even when my phone screen is off, it's just automatically set to scan whenever a reader is right next to it). I'll still keep a $5.50 Metrocard for other times I use other lines that don't have it, but for now it's coming in handy. 

Just be careful to keep your cards away from that scanner. There are some issues with reader erroneously reading cards that it shouldn’t, so only keep whatever you plan on scanning near that thing.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm loving OMNY so far. 

I commute from S.I to the city via S.I Local bus-Ferry- (4)(5) at Bowling Green. I used it Friday afternoon and it was successful, now today I've updated my Wallet on my phone to have my Express Transit card be synced to Apple pay. So now I can add money to Apple Pay and from my debit card, and just tap my phone on the reader and it'll charge my apple pay card (even when my phone screen is off, it's just automatically set to scan whenever a reader is right next to it). I'll still keep a $5.50 Metrocard for other times I use other lines that don't have it, but for now it's coming in handy. 

It’s only day 2. Don’t get too hype. As with technology there are bugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Yesterday I got to see the bronx redesign and well caught me by surprise was that the mta is trying to split the Bx15 to have the regular Bx15 go to Fordham and The Hub while this new route that they created which will be the M125 will run from The Hub to Manhattanville via 125st now what are your thoughts on this? As well as which depot should cover this new route? The M125

I get why they would split it because traffic on 125th Street can be horrendous slowing every route that travels through there. However I can’t help but think that the creation of the M125 will allow the MTA to give the M125 crappy headway’s because 125th Street is also shared with the M60, M100 and M101. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.