BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

As a person who uses the bx15 on a daily basis I’m against this

There are  people out there including myself who use the bx15 as a one seat ride to get to the west side of Harlem OR to get to 125st and transfer to another bus or the 1,ABCD trains. Now if this plan goes into affect low income families who use the bx15 as a one seat ride would now have to transfer at 149st which puts more time on their commute or who use the bx15 to get to Harlem to transfer to another bus or train would have to spend another $2.75 to get on another bus to take them to harlem and again adds more time to their commute 

it takes about an hour to get from Fordham to west 125 what needs to happen is some stops need to be eliminated the 15 bus does not need to stop at every block on 125 st or every other block on wills ave 

I’ve only used the Bx15 in Manhattan and I’ve definitely seen that there is a lot of people using the bus between Manhattan and the Bronx. During rush hours (and other times as well) buses can really crawl on 125th to the point where you can outwalk the bus. So I do agree that shortening the route is good to improve reliability. However I do think that there should at least be a little bit of an overlap whether that means the M125 is extended a little ways up 3rd Ave or perhaps the Bx15 is extended down from The Hub to Lexington Ave and 125th street.

32 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’ve only used the Bx15 in Manhattan and I’ve definitely seen that there is a lot of people using the bus between Manhattan and the Bronx. During rush hours (and other times as well) buses can really crawl on 125th to the point where you can outwalk the bus. So I do agree that shortening the route is good to improve reliability. However I do think that there should at least be a little bit of an overlap whether that means the M125 is extended a little ways up 3rd Ave or perhaps the Bx15 is extended down from The Hub to Lexington Ave and 125th street.

If they gonna separate the bx15 give people better options extend it to 138st or 125 & second Ave. 125st is a major hub so of course it’s gonna be a traffic jam, enforce the bus lanes and add bus lanes to the wills Ave bridge 

3 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

As a person who uses the bx15 on a daily basis I’m against this

There are  people out there including myself who use the bx15 as a one seat ride to get to the west side of Harlem OR to get to 125st and transfer to another bus or the 1,ABCD trains. Now if this plan goes into affect low income families who use the bx15 as a one seat ride would now have to transfer at 149st which puts more time on their commute or who use the bx15 to get to Harlem to transfer to another bus or train would have to spend another $2.75 to get on another bus to take them to harlem and again adds more time to their commute 

it takes about an hour to get from Fordham to west 125 what needs to happen is some stops need to be eliminated the 15 bus does not need to stop at every block on 125 st or every other block on wills ave 

They don't pay anyways, screw their one seat ride. 

11 hours ago, Calvin said:

The Museum ads used to pop up a lot back then. Currently, it's changed to the milk ads from front to back. 

Lucky they didn’t order a set of Driverside- Super ultra king wraps for the Manhattan Division and Brooklyn Division. However, I won’t be surprised if one pops up in either division.  

12 hours ago, Calvin said:

It seems that the B91 and B92 maybe adjusted to 1 (L) ink bus soon. 

*Disregard, the quote came from a different outdated article from April 2019

I wouldn't be surprised. Most people are taking the M train for an alternative than buses. 

2 hours ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

OMNY does work on the (4)(5)(6) trains, but not on the Novas and 3Gs that are running the (1) subway shuttle

Also, will OMNY work on the SIM buses? Even the SIM23/24 operated by academy

You have to use some common sense, it's really crazy how many idiots there are in this city with this whole OMNY thing. About the first part, when they said OMNY is available on ALL STATEN ISLAND BUSES, that means Staten Island routes. If a Staten Island bus is in another borough doing a shuttle, it's NOT gonna work. Its synced through the farebox. If the bus is Not in Service, the OMNY reader goes RED. If a Staten Island bus with the OMNY gets transferred to another borough, its NOT gonna work because its not synced with a Staten Island route. 

Now for your second question, NO, OMNY is not working for the Academy SIM23/SIM24 buses, and idk why, but probably not a part of the contract. 

Now I'm just speaking in general because I was gonna say something later. It's like pple love to bitch about shit, especially in NYC, but when change comes its a problem...OMNY when its FULLY rolled out will be MUCH MORE EFFICIENT for everyone, but people think "oh what if I don't wanna use a phone", etc, etc, OMG SHUT UP AND READ. When it's all said and done, everything there is now with the MetroCard, will be here with OMNY when fully implemented. Now, with OMNY, it'll be MORE CONVENIENT, for anyone who uses technology, to not have to physically refill MetroCards up. You'll be able to by a new OMNY card (basically an upgraded MetroCard), and will be able to fill it up with CASH, COINS, DEBIT/CREDIT, whatever you want. You'll be able to order unlimited OMNY cards, half fare cards, students will have FULL FARE STUDENT OMNY cards. 

Yall New Yorkers really gotta stop being so stupid. Everyone is so quick to bash the MTA for shit when its the pple who f**k it up 90% of the time. 

But anyways I'm done explaining, I'm looking forward to OMNY being implemented fully, so that I'll never have to go physically fill my card up as I'll have the option of filling it up with my debit card. Why do yall think OMNY first rolled out on all Staten Island buses? Because there's only THREE places to fill up a Metrocard out here, and this is supposed to be a test trial to "help us pay easier", to avoid having to travel across the island to fill a card up when the machines might not even work. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
Grammar Errors

22 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

You have to use some common sense, it's really crazy how many idiots there are in this city with this whole OMNY thing. About the first part, when they said OMNY is available on ALL STATEN ISLAND BUSES, that means Staten Island routes. If a Staten Island bus is in another borough doing a shuttle, it's NOT gonna work. Its synced through the farebox. If the bus is Not in Service, the OMNY reader goes RED. If a Staten Island bus with the OMNY gets transferred to another borough, its NOT gonna work because its not synced with a Staten Island route. 

Now for your second question, NO, OMNY is not working for the Academy SIM23/SIM24 buses, and idk why, but probably not a part of the contract. 

Now I'm just speaking in general because I was gonna say something later. It's like pple love to bitch about shit, especially in NYC, but when change comes its a problem...OMNY when its FULLY rolled out will be MUCH MORE EFFICIENT for everyone, but people think "oh what if I don't wanna use a phone", etc, etc, OMG SHUT UP AND READ. When it's all said and done, everything there is now with the MetroCard, will be here with OMNY when fully implemented. Now, with OMNY, it'll be MORE CONVENIENT, for anyone who uses technology, to not have to physically refill MetroCards up. You'll be able to by a new OMNY card (basically an upgraded MetroCard), and will be able to fill it up with CASH, COINS, DEBIT/CREDIT, whatever you want. You'll be able to order unlimited OMNY cards, half fare cards, students will have FULL FARE STUDENT OMNY cards. 

Yall New Yorkers really gotta stop being so stupid. Everyone is so quick to bash the MTA for shit when its the pple who f**k it up 90% of the time. 

But anyways I'm done explaining, I'm looking forward to OMNY being implemented fully, so that I'll never have to go physically fill my card up as I'll have the option of filling it up with my debit card. Why do yall think OMNY first rolled out on all Staten Island buses? Because there's only THREE places to fill up a Metrocard out here, and this is supposed to be a test trial to "help us pay easier", to avoid having to travel across the island to fill a card up when the machines might not even work. 

In my first meeting with the (MTA) , we discussed OMNY, and I actually praised them because I understand what a game changer this can be if done right.  The only thing I would caution against is that even the (MTA) admitted that they are rolling this out cautiously to ensure that there aren't security issues, but that is really the main question. That and can it handle heavy usage. Those two things remain to be seen, so I wouldn't go praising them just yet. That said, their app based options for Metro-North and the LIRR have been excellent. I use them all of the time for tickets. Very secure, fast and convenient. I buy tickets right at home on my phone or iPad and then check for my track number and BOOM, I'm on my train.  So much easier and less stressful.

45 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Yes, I know, I just thought that there was a system-wide rollout, and they couldn't remotely change one ONMYreader on a bus.

46 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Ok, but will it work on MTA-operated SIM buses?

28 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Yes, I know, I just thought that there was a system-wide rollout, and they couldn't remotely change one ONMYreader on a bus.

Ok, but will it work on MTA-operated SIM buses?

Yeah MTA SIM buses have them. 

49 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

In my first meeting with the (MTA) , we discussed OMNY, and I actually praised them because I understand what a game changer this can be if done right.  The only thing I would caution against is that even the (MTA) admitted that they are rolling this out cautiously to ensure that there aren't security issues, but that is really the main question. That and can it handle heavy usage. Those two things remain to be seen, so I wouldn't go praising them just yet. That said, their app based options for Metro-North and the LIRR have been excellent. I use them all of the time for tickets. Very secure, fast and convenient. I buy tickets right at home on my phone or iPad and then check for my track number and BOOM, I'm on my train.  So much easier and less stressful.

Right thats the thing, security issues. I'm pretty sure it can handle heavy usage as its used all around the world in big cities. And yes I use MTA eTix for the LIRR and its amazing, you don't understand how many times I've bought tickets last min and ran to catch trains. I'll NEVER go physically buy a ticket ever again (unless my phone dies before I board the train, but I would NEVER let that happen). 

I have good faith with OMNY, I really want this to work out smoothly because I hate waiting for people to fill MetroCards up and having to hassle around the island to refill my card. 

To be safe, I have my debit card attached to my iPhone wallet, and I made my Apple Pay card activated with the Express Transit Card option. So I'll transfer money from my debit card to my apple pay card, and I'll use this option until the OMNY card comes out. (No it doesn't take from my debit card as well, because I need to enter my passcode every time I make a payment). I just have to make sure I keep my phone away from the reader on a crowded bus because it might scan again (it will scan if your phones screen is wake/sleep or unlocked/locked, as long as its physically powered ON). 

On 6/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, Calvin said:

It seems that the B91 and B92 maybe adjusted to 1 (L) ink bus soon. 

*Disregard, the quote came from a different outdated article from April 2019

22 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Most people are taking the M train for an alternative than buses. 

Its funny because.....

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-williamsburg-link-bus-l-train-project-free-shuttle-change-20190602-dfcgezwbbnaizjvmnvujffiqi4-story.html

On 6/1/2019 at 10:26 PM, Lil 57 said:

Is there any more information about this?

See above link. The new route would be called B91A and basically be a Marcy Avenue/Bedford Avenue shuttle with added stops on Grand Street.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Its funny because.....

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-williamsburg-link-bus-l-train-project-free-shuttle-change-20190602-dfcgezwbbnaizjvmnvujffiqi4-story.html

See above link. The new route would be called B91A and basically be a Marcy Avenue/Bedford Avenue shuttle with added stops on Grand Street.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the B91A is cut down the road. People, over there are probably taking Uber or the (M) train.

I just realized that this B91A is basically a short turn of the B62. If anything, it would be more beneficial to increase B62 service from Marcy Ave to LIC by adding some B62 short turns and then increasing B32 service and call it a day. Instead of making the B91A.

Edited by Lil 57

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Its funny because.....

Would be nice if the resources freed up would go towards improving some of the current Brooklyn routes, but we all know where that'll go.

Swindling fake OMNY cards..... SMFH

There's a dude over by Jay st - Metrotech subway (Jay/Willoughby entrance) trying to get 50 bucks a pop from up off people by selling fake OMNY cards.... Dread' (dreadhead) - I'd put him at 5'10, 175, in his mid 20's or so..... F***ing hustlers everywhere looking to get a leg up on any sucker out here.... Second straight sunday I've seen the MF'er too.....

Edited by B35 via Church

21 hours ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Also, will OMNY work on the SIM buses? Even the SIM23/24 operated by academy

19 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Now for your second question, NO, OMNY is not working for the Academy SIM23/SIM24 buses, and idk why, but probably not a part of the contract

OMNY on the SIM23/24 is arriving at a later date, probably when MTA acquires them (codes already exists for the SIM23/24)