BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

OMNY on the SIM23/24 is arriving at a later date, probably when MTA acquires them (codes already exists for the SIM23/24)

For now the (MTA) has stated that they have no plans on taking over those routes. At a later date, anything is possible, but this is something that we receive complaints about.  

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

For now the (MTA) has stated that they have no plans on taking over those routes. At a later date, anything is possible, but this is something that we receive complaints about.  

Academy has brand new equipment. However, I’ve havent seen one of those newer buses on the Staten Island lines. 

7 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Academy has brand new equipment. However, I’ve havent seen one of those newer buses on the Staten Island lines. 

That's because you won't. They aren't authorized to run on MTA routes, as those are technically NJ Transit's buses. Academy would have to buy them directly from NJ Transit for them to show up on the SIM routes.

Edited by Cait Sith

4 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

That's because you won't. They aren't authorized to run on MTA routes, as those are technically NJ Transit's buses. Academy would have to buy them directly from NJ Transit for them to show up on the SIM routes.

Appreciate the clarification on this! Always wondered why SI equipment was old. However, good to know! 

OMNY has given me nothing but trouble today...I tapped on the bus, "payment not accepted", "use only one card", and NEVER worked. Is the system modified or what? Didn't  work at Bowling Green either. I didn't have that problem Friday. 

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with Apple Cash. 

Edit: @Via Garibaldi 8 Stop laughing at me LMAOO, I'm over the MTA🤣🤣. Always something I was embarrassed today. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

OMNY has given me nothing but trouble today...I tapped on the bus, "payment not accepted", "use only one card", and NEVER worked. Is the system modified or what? Didn't  work at Bowling Green either. I didn't have that problem Friday. 

Edit: @Via Garibaldi 8 Stop laughing at me LMAOO, I'm over the MTA🤣🤣. Always something I was embarrassed today. 

One more reason I’m sticking with my Metrocard for now...

5 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

One more reason I’m sticking with my Metrocard for now...

Only thing that was different today was that I had a case on my phone and I've set it up for Express Transit. 

But yeah I'm gonna give it a few months, it just looks all fancy I wanna use it. 🥺

8 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Looks like 8240 has a different font, looks like the one on the 2019 lfs buses.

They're definitely flashing a new program with a different font. The Prevosts are getting it too. The SIM33Cs are now saying:

SIM33 | CBT

And then their regular readings. 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Only thing that was different today was that I had a case on my phone and I've set it up for Express Transit. 

But yeah I'm gonna give it a few months, it just looks all fancy I wanna use it. 🥺

Sometimes there are glitches. I remember one Saturday recently, I ran to get an LIRR train at Jamaica coming back to Penn Station. I needed to buy a City Ticket. Well for whatever reason there was a glitch and the damn thing kept trying to charge me for a peak ticket to Penn Station. Eventually it fixed itself and charged me the right amount.  Crazy though... You also want to check your account to make sure you aren't charged erroneously, which has happened to some people.

4 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Hopefully they can fix those bugs as soon as they can. I think this new fare system is definitely a step in the right direction. I can’t wait for its roll out in Queens, because I have always felt that it was silly that one has to travel all the way to a subway station just to refill their card. 

20 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm not sure if Apple Cash or Apple Pay are two different things, so I'm not gonna speak on that, but from what I've been reading, most of the issues comes mainly from Apple devices and services, especially with the whole "Express Transit" setup in them with Apple Cash & Pay.

Used it yesterday with Google Pay w/my Ally Bank card linked at Atlantic Avenue, picked up my phone pretty quickly. I had no issues with it so far.

Did you have NFC enabled on your phone? The chip is usually where the camera is located, so you don't just put the entire back of your phone onto the screen. I saw a lot of people doing that yesterday and I was cracking the hell up. The actual scanner is also towards the bottom.

Just don't do what this guy did....he was doing it all wrong with his phone the first time.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I'm not sure if Apple Cash or Apple Pay are two different things, so I'm not gonna speak on that, but from what I've been reading, most of the issues comes mainly from Apple devices and services, especially with the whole "Express Transit" setup in them with Apple Cash & Pay.

Used it yesterday with Google Pay w/my Ally Bank card linked at Atlantic Avenue, picked up my phone pretty quickly. I had no issues with it so far.

Did you have NFC enabled on your phone? The chip is usually where the camera is located, so you don't just put the entire back of your phone onto the screen. I saw a lot of people doing that yesterday and I was cracking the hell up. The actual scanner is also towards the bottom.

Just don't do what this guy did....he was doing it all wrong with his phone the first time.

See with Apple devices you cannot personally turn on NFC, like with Androids. I had a Galaxy Note 4, and I remember NFC being an option next to turning on WiFi, muting your phone, and such.

I have a debit card and my apple card attached to my wallet, but both didn't work. I was getting this weird light blue color, before it turned red. 

Yeah I know its located near the top of the phone, and I've tried tapping all over the OMNY reader. Weird how it stopped working all of a sudden. 

Its clearly an Apple problem so I'm waiting for them to get this cleared up. Just another reason why I'm ready to switch back to Android. 

4 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

See with Apple devices you cannot personally turn on NFC, like with Androids. I had a Galaxy Note 4, and I remember NFC being an option next to turning on WiFi, muting your phone, and such.

I have a debit card and my apple card attached to my wallet, but both didn't work. I was getting this weird light blue color, before it turned red. 

Yeah I know its located near the top of the phone, and I've tried tapping all over the OMNY reader. Weird how it stopped working all of a sudden. 

Its clearly an Apple problem so I'm waiting for them to get this cleared up. Just another reason why I'm ready to switch back to Android. 

I'd wait it out for a bit before doing that, it'll probably be fixed. It is a test phase after all.

42 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

Hmm...
YAIIDGs.jpg
(Saw these on the 2015 New Flyer BTW)

These are one of the first test screens that the MTA used. These are called Strategic (Version 1 in the MTA Screens/Announcements thread). They were used on the first B46 SBS XD40s, 73xx-73xx. They were so bad the MTA didn't install them on other buses, so these are currently OOS. Eventually, they might get replaced with Clever Devices (Version 3), since the other 2015 XD40s are receiving those screens as well. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
Removed images

52 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

These are one of the first test screens that the MTA used. These are called Strategic (Version 1 in the MTA Screens/Announcements thread). They were used on the first B46 SBS XD40s, 73xx-73xx. They were so bad the MTA didn't install them on other buses, so these are currently OOS. Eventually, they might get replaced with Clever Devices (Version 3), since the other 2015 XD40s are receiving those screens as well. 

By terrible, was the voice announcing the stops barely heard on-board the B46 or a glitch?

Also the 73xx's are 7304-7351

Edited by Calvin