Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Did some 'fanning earlier today, and... a few things:

* While waiting at McDonald/Church, lucked out & saw back to back 40 footers on the B35.... first one was an XD40 (B35 LTD...)

Sure that wasn't an XN40?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Went to board the 9 PM S44 from the ferry and saw an S94 instead. That makes sense since there is a 9:01 PM S44 on Saturdays. (They should do this more often).

Edited by Lil 57
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Looking at the B91A schedule, there's a 12 min gap before the [-:00] mark then continuing its 4-6 min headway.

Edited by Calvin

3 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Went to board the 9 PM S44 from the ferry and saw an S94 instead. That makes sense since there is a 9:01 PM S44 on Saturdays. (They should do this more often).

So instead of it being local, it ran limited?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, NBTA said:

So instead of it being local, it ran limited?

Yes. Guess the dispatcher told the B/O to run limited because another S44 was scheduled 1 minute after that S44.

Edited by Lil 57
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

64204779_1304878269670758_29116391526529

62087031_987235978334024_712678808922934

Ulmer Park getting in on the Oatly ad action...

I just wish they used the rear size that SEPTA uses for their Xcelsiors. This is mad tiny.

That Headlight looks awwwfulll small on the Xcelsiors compared to the more "centered" placement on the RTS. With the expanded nose, size specs should be changed (and cost a bit more, naturally) which would still enable placement on Orions but might be a bit tight on any C40LFs. It looks dinky above the Xcelsior "grin".

Whoever in the hell conceived that Tail placement needs to be publicly humiliated (face-included, since the humiliation is already happening). AFAIC all those rear stickers are a waste of material, labor applying them, and "message". Upper should have the "MTA" logo only (no "NYCB" or "MTAB") on left pillar directly parallel to wide turns, and bus number vertically on right pillar. Scrap the WiFi/USB pictograms--save those for front door headliner. Could then sell 3/4-Tails centered while still maintaining the "school bus yellow" as a frame. Then a PROPER Tail could exploit either the full lower or within the same frame area (limited to engine door only). Total waste of prime ad real estate.

Whatever agency that crafted this brilliant Oatly campaign has some talented folks, though. Brand recognition and product recall points are definite hits.

Posted (edited)

When the buses leave from Bus Fest, do the Buses take the Brooklyn Bridge or do they continue taking the Manhattan Bridge? 

Edited by Train92

Something should be done to alleviate the crowding on B70 --> S79 because it is absolutely ridiculous and I can't even get on the bus every week. Maybe some frequency increases.

35 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Something should be done to alleviate the crowding on B70 --> S79 because it is absolutely ridiculous and I can't even get on the bus every week. Maybe some frequency increases.

And what's complaining on here going to do??

43 minutes ago, Train92 said:

When the buses leave from Bus Fest, do the Buses take the Brooklyn Bridge or do they continue taking the Manhattan Bridge? 

Commercial vehicles, such as buses and trucks, are not allowed on the Brooklyn Bridge, so buses usually take the Manhattan Bridge.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

And what's complaining on here going to do??

Attract attention to the topic and allow users who might have more knowledge/insight in transit to share their thoughts on the matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bay Ridge Express said:

Attract attention to the topic and allow users who might have more knowledge/insight in transit to share their thoughts on the matter.

If it's a lack of service issue should be addressed by complaining directly to the (MTA) about it.

40 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

4424 makes a weird screeching/wirrling sound, it's on the B41 rn

Lack of maintenance... I've heard that sound on artics along 3rd Avenue too. Was crossing the street one night at 86th and 3rd and that sound came about. It was so quiet out so it was a surprise to hear it.

4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Lack of maintenance... I've heard that sound on artics along 3rd Avenue too. Was crossing the street one night at 86th and 3rd and that sound came about. It was so quiet out so it was a surprise to hear it.

If that bus was at Gun Hill until recently, I'd hardly be surprised.

• LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Lex said:

Yeah they run their buses into the ground, and always get the newest and latest.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lex said:

It was at Grand Ave for over two years before it arrived at Flatbush recently.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Grand Avenue has shotty maintenance. Some of those 41xx buses they sent to Flatbush had road calls first week when they were transferred. 

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Grand Avenue has shotty maintenance. Some of those 41xx buses they sent to Flatbush had road calls first week when they were transferred. 

I actually thought that Grand Avenue had the best maintenance in the whole city...

Posted (edited)

The bus routes in my area are annoying. I'm going somewhere and am deciding to get something to eat beforehand. The Q47 is a no show, the Q38 bus just passed, and the (R) train by default will always fail me. The (R) train is 9 minutes away, which I won't make, because it's about a 12-15 minute walk. The one after that is 20+ minutes away.

Okay, so I decided to opt for the Q29. Well, the bus that's suppose to head up to Jackson Heights is still on its way to Glendale, and will leave about 15 minutes late. The next Q53 to Woodside will arrive at the same time as the (R) , and the next one isn't even mainland Queens. 

Like seriously, what's the chance of every single option screwing me over in what should be a 20 minute (at max) ride. I've ultimately decided to go to the (R) , and the countdown clock times are just increasing. 

EDIT: I'm on the (R) right now. It's packed beyond belief because there's no EB local (and the train was late), an on top of that, there's no AC. Holy f**k...

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • LMAO! 1
  • Sad 1

How often and who changes the big squared bus maps on the wall inside of buses?

7685 (ENY) still has a Bronx Bus Map inside and has been at Brooklyn for a little while now.

41 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

How often and who changes the big squared bus maps on the wall inside of buses?

7685 (ENY) still has a Bronx Bus Map inside and has been at Brooklyn for a little while now.

I saw that also on either the S79 or B4, can't remember.

11 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

YES MY GOODNESS, mann this has been going on since I used to go to high school right near that stop. The reason for that bullshit everyday is because S79 operators let the bus get completely full at 86st...they clearly know 92nd street is another MAJOR transfer point yet they go max capacity at 4th ave...then when people walk to the bus when it's stuck at the light they said "there's another one behind". Well when EVERY driver is doing that...when is another one gonna be empty? 

The solution isn't a scheduling thing...there should be a dispatcher there not allowing buses to get full at 86st, and to allow for another 8-10 people to board at 92nd.

People at 86st will GUARANTEED get on a bus, 92nd is not guaranteed...I used to wait 25-45 mins during rush hr just to get a bus, letting 3-4 S79s bypass. 

Some people (even myself) would just hop on the S93 and NOT PAY, just to get across the bridge because they know the S79 would empty up at Fingerboard and Hylan, in which they'll then use the MetroCard so they can still have their transfer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

YES MY GOODNESS, mann this has been going on since I used to go to high school right near that stop. The reason for that bullshit everyday is because S79 operators let the bus get completely full at 86st...they clearly know 92nd street is another MAJOR transfer point yet they go max capacity at 4th ave...then when people walk to the bus when it's stuck at the light they said "there's another one behind". Well when EVERY driver is doing that...when is another one gonna be empty? 

The solution isn't a scheduling thing...there should be a dispatcher there not allowing buses to get full at 86st, and to allow for another 8-10 people to board at 92nd.

People at 86st will GUARANTEED get on a bus, 92nd is not guaranteed...I used to wait 25-45 mins during rush hr just to get a bus, letting 3-4 S79s bypass. 

Some people (even myself) would just hop on the S93 and NOT PAY, just to get across the bridge because they know the S79 would empty up at Fingerboard and Hylan, in which they'll then use the MetroCard so they can still have their transfer. 

The S79 SBS needs artics. But I know that won't be happening anytime soon.

Another major stop (on school days) is Hylan/Ebbitts (especially towards Brooklyn). People would walk down to Guyon just to get a not-packed S79 going towards Brooklyn. You could wait 30 minutes until a S79 actually stops there and you can get on. (I wouldn't be surprised if some people took the S78 to the S53/93 to get to Brooklyn since there's always a ton of S78 school trippers from the south shore going towards the Ferry at that time).