BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the (MTA) liked the trail they were doing on 7691 cause 7746 also has what 7691. I forgot what it was called. I saw the bus about two weeks ago inside the depot and on the Bx36 last Saturday. It's nice to see another O7 CNG that does not make much noise

So 6707 is a Manhattanville bus, with a Quill sticker on the driver side, and an Amsterdam sticker on the door side. And the Amsterdam sticker was only put there this week... Random observation of the day.

I saw the Quill sticker when that bus was on the M3 about 2 weeks ago but i only saw the left side of the bus.

Is that 8870? I remember when that bus was at Kingsbridge.

I remember too. I would hear it practically every day about 6-7 years ago. But Kingsbridge fixed it about 5-6 years ago, well before it left the depot. Those RTSs left Kingsbridge about 3-4 years ago. Unless 8870 has started making the air raid noise once again, it's a different bus.

Also there is a RTS in Kingsbridge now. 8785, probably from Ulmer Park.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

So I just got off work and there's this festival going on 2 Av at 23 St. I'm walking west (traffic is a total nightmare) and I see a M15 SBS going the same direction I'm going and it makes a left onto 3 Av. As I get closer to 3 Av, I see another one ballering down 3 Av past 23 St. Then I crossed the street, and there's a 3rd one going east from 23 St and it made a right onto 3 Av

What is the detour for the M15 since they're going every which way?

BTW 5613 & 5070 are both freshly repainted

I really enjoyed that shuttle bus trip to 149 Street and Grand Concourse. BTW why did the (MTA) used buses from the Gun Hill Depot? I saw an SBS running as an express shuttle bus to East 180 Street today and the B/O was wearing a cap with the Gun Hill depot logo on it.

Today I had a awesome ride today on an D60HF on the (2) shuttle, the bus blew past a LSFA which was also on the shuttle on the Highway like it was standing still, out of all the times I fanned this G.O, this was by far my favorite ride. Dude had to be pushing like up to 55-60 as I we just blew past the Nova Artic, and the bus had a full load too! This bus reinforced my love for the D60HF and the DD 50.

Also, today I finally rode the entire B8 route, took the B47 to East Flatbush (The stop just after Linden Blvd) and walked to Brookdale Hosp... it is NOT as close as it looks to the B47, its quite a walk. Anyways walked to the stop in front of Brookdale where the stop is in the middle of the road, fun ride. I actually like the B8 route from Brookdale to Nostrand Ave, can get good speed and is just a very chill ride.

when it comes to rides IMO, B8 in East Flatbush >>>>> B8 on 18th Ave.

I noticed quite a few runs on the 8/35 drop out on the Brownsville end, I wonder why they just don't send these runs to ENY depot...

I have yet to fan the B35 to its last stop in Brownsville, I seen it from the B15 once, the area, ehh....

Today I had a awesome ride today on an D60HF on the (2) shuttle, the bus blew past a LSFA which was also on the shuttle on the Highway like it was standing still, out of all the times I fanned this G.O, this was by far my favorite ride. Dude had to be pushing like up to 55-60 as I we just blew past the Nova Artic, and the bus had a full load too! This bus reinforced my love for the D60HF and the DD 50.

Also, today I finally rode the entire B8 route, took the B47 to East Flatbush (The stop just after Linden Blvd) and walked to Brookdale Hosp... it is NOT as close as it looks to the B47, its quite a walk. Anyways walked to the stop in front of Brookdale where the stop is in the middle of the road, fun ride. I actually like the B8 route from Brookdale to Nostrand Ave, can get good speed and is just a very chill ride.

when it comes to rides IMO, B8 in East Flatbush >>>>> B8 on 18th Ave.

I noticed quite a few runs on the 8/35 drop out on the Brownsville end, I wonder why they just don't send these runs to ENY depot...

I have yet to fan the B35 to its last stop in Brownsville, I seen it from the B15 once, the area, ehh....

Dang you're lucky. I was trying to catch one of those or a Nova RTS but I ran out of luck and rode an Orion VII hybrid.

On Thursday, while on the Q60, I saw this... IN QUEENS:

070711-197.jpg

The no-black decal scheme is coming to Queens! Sorry, I couldn't see the bus # but I know it was on the Q56.

That's 6792 out of ENY. That and 6742 out of Quill has that but 6742 has the stripe in the front

MHV = 6365-6424

QV = 6425-6489

FP = 6490-6557 (6490 is a blackback)

ENY = 6658-6624

MHV = 6625-6722 (6701 is a blackback)

MJQ = 6723-6746

MHV = 6747-6789

ENY = 6790-6847

CS = 6848-6905 (6862 destroyed)

There's still a few 6800s at ENY that still have blackbacks like 6805 & 6831

Damn, you've been chasing certain bus fleets for awhile... B)

actually I wasn't chasing 6701... It just poped up out of nowhere out of luck.

Just like KR poped up out of nowhere that morning driving the QM5, driving 1890.

What madness is going on at SC! First, LGA Junkers are being sent over here.

next, THIS?!?!:

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

That bus right there is 3604. I can tell by the liscence plate #.

I spotted it at Logan St & Cozine Av, a few blocks from the SC depot.

I was looking for COMMAND 351 & Green Lines 1012 at the time, which is how I found it.