Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

wWhat's with the orions on the SIM4C? I've seen 5 today on BusTime!

Are you seeing them at the terminals? If so, that's most likely some error.

13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

4300-4329 are MCI buses......

They were not those. Are those D4500CTs?

13 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Are you seeing them at the terminals? If so, that's most likely some error.

Nope. I'm seeing them en route.

6 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

They were not those. Are those D4500CTs?

No, those are the CLs. The 22xx and 23xx are CTs. 

Either way, IDK, perhaps it is Yukon having a shortage , or perhaps it wasn't. Unless you have a screenshot or something, does anybody else know anything about this?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

7 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

No, those are the CLs. The 22xx and 23xx are CTs. 

Either way, IDK, perhaps it is Yukon having a shortage , or perhaps it wasn't. Unless you have a screenshot or something, does anybody else know anything about this?

I only see express buses on the SIM4C

Also I saw 2501 on the SIM4C earlier with the Annandale via Gannon sign up.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Yukon's sh**y maintainence is starting to show on these new buses.

Yukon

This road call does not mean YUK maintenance is bad, could be the bus having a teething issue. Besides if YUK does have bad maintenance it wouldn't be noticeable this soon I'd imagine.

Just now, trainfan22 said:

This road call does not mean YUK maintenance is bad, could be the bus having a teething issue. Besides if YUK does have bad maintenance it wouldn't be noticeable this soon I'd imagine.

What's a teething issue?

• LMAO! 1

12 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

I have a screenshot, I just don't know how to get it up here!

You can upload your picture to an image hosting service (like Flickr; you would need to make an account if you don't have one), and then share the image link. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Did something happen at Charleston Depot? A lot of buses have cracked destination signs on the front of the bus.

0015 was training in Brooklyn earlier today. Spotted training along Fulton Street.. Not 100% certain if it was at East New York or Grand Avenue had the bus. 

18 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

0015 was training in Brooklyn earlier today. Spotted training along Fulton Street.. Not 100% certain if it was at East New York or Grand Avenue had the bus. 

ENY CMF has it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the Next Gens from YU, KB, GH will be sent to FP Depot to retire their 2005s since MV is pretty much out of the 2003 OGs and QV doesn’t use that many Next Gens.

4 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Looks like the Next Gens from YU, KB, GH will be sent to FP Depot to retire their 2005s since MV is pretty much out of the 2003 OGs and QV doesn’t use that many Next Gens.

I wouldn’t say that for a fact.  You also have Flatbush and Queens Village in the mix. QV needs 40+ buses. Not including the LFS that are coming in. 

On 6418 right now and this thing is shot. Engine keeps revving up fully while barely taking off, then once moving it doesn't stop revving until the bus completely stops even when braking. We're going not even 5MPH and the engine is screaming. 

I'm really going to miss these things. This the only Green sign at MV doing a run in service right now.

4 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Did something happen at Charleston Depot? A lot of buses have cracked destination signs on the front of the bus.

Perhaps its the clientele? I always thought their routes generally served the less rough parts of SI but I’ve never explored Charleston territory so what do I know.

sounds a lot like west farms though lmao

30 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

On 6418 right now and this thing is shot. Engine keeps revving up fully while barely taking off, then once moving it doesn't stop revving until the bus completely stops even when braking. We're going not even 5MPH and the engine is screaming. 

I'm really going to miss these things. This the only Green sign at MV doing a run in service right now.

They’re probably just running the remaining units with minimal maintenance till they have a major breakdown. Not much point in fixing little things in a bus retiring in a few days/a week anyway.

anyway 6390 is also out right now on the M4 if anyone’s interested

5 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Perhaps its the clientele? I always thought their routes generally served the less rough parts of SI but I’ve never explored Charleston territory so what do I know.

sounds a lot like west farms though lmao

Also the cracks on these buses are always in the same spot. Upper left hand corner of the destination sign.

4 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Yepp there's a lot of low hanging trees along Richmond Rd and Arthur Kill and drivers continue to hit them not realizing its damaging the destination signs. 

S74 route. 

• Thanks 2