Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The GPSs can get easily thrown off if it doesn't get the correct signal. I had this happen on an M15, where it showed itself on Lexington Avenue making stops instead of 2nd Avenue. Once we got to 34th Street, it corrected itself.

Speaking of 34th Street. It was crazy last night....M15s and M23s detoured through 34th Street because of repaving along 2nd Avenue. That was a pretty interesting sight seeing 6128 and 5599 next to each other.

10 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

What kind of destination signs are these 2015-2016 LFS buses getting? Ever since these buses started receiving screens, the destination signs haven't been working. Its either the front works and the side and rear don't work, or if the side and back are working then the front doesn't work. Buses GPS systems have been f**kED up, buses popping on and off of BusTime. Buses 3-4 stops AHEAD on BusTime than they are in real life. Buses turning into BOATS😂. I've had it with these signs WTF is going on, it's like a system glitch. 

Why tf are we in the water? 😭😭

x3gwuh.jpg

I know the S52 serves the ferry, but this is ridiculous !!

• LMAO! 10

51 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Only in Staten Island this has to happen. 

4440- Grand Avenue also has a driverside wrap. GA is slowly becoming the MQ of Brooklyn.  However, all the better wraps are in the Manhattan Division. Hopefully, they transition over to the Brooklyn Division GA/FB/FP in the near future. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You would think that the screens working properly is more important than a font on a sign, but it's the (MTA)

48 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

You would think that the screens working properly is more important than a font on a sign, but it's the (MTA)

Remember the SBS Bronx sign fiasco? All the Bronx SBS buses were stuck on displaying "+SELECT BUS+".

On 6/18/2019 at 1:39 AM, paulrivera said:

The M34/34A started off okay as SBS but now I don’t use it. Even when there’s zero traffic the headway’s on the 34 suck.

The M42 is good imo in short bursts and to get to 1st Avenue or the Circle Line. Between 3rd and 9th Av I avoid it unless it’s December and the vintage buses are running.

The M23 also fits that.....though I much prefer the M34/34A.

I just hope that the M14A/D doesn't suffer the same fate. I very much doubt it will.

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Only in Staten Island this has to happen. 

It's happened elsewhere. I've witnessed it. It's a software bug.

Has there been an increase of ridership of the S40 to Matrix Park?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Calvin said:

My cousin works at that Amazon facility out there (before the SI location opened, she was out there in Edison).... I asked her about the ridership in & out of there... She says buses are "jammed packed after the first stop"....

Now I doubt most trips throughout the day are that crowded leaving there, but yes, those S40's are getting good usage.

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Reminds me of QJT's idea to buy those floating boat buses that run on roads and then drive in the water to become boats.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

My cousin works at that Amazon facility out there (before the SI location opened, she was out there in Edison).... I asked her about the ridership in & out of there... She says buses are "jammed packed after the first stop"....

Now I doubt most trips throughout the day are that crowded leaving there, but yes, those S40's are getting good usage.

They get REALLY crowded at the shift change times. I doubt there's too many people riding between shift changes.

• Like 1
  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Reminds me of QJT's idea to buy those floating boat buses that run on roads and then drive in the water to become boats.

They get REALLY crowded at the shift change times. I doubt there's too many people riding between shift changes.

Exactly i can agree with you and @B35 via Church that's when S40/90 ridership is brutal. Sheesh the S40 Leaving the ferry is brutal too. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

smh..... He was dead serious with that stupid shit too.... That, along with straddle buses here in NYC.

45 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Exactly i can agree with you and @B35 via Church that's when S40/90 ridership is brutal. Sheesh the S40 Leaving the ferry is brutal too. 

Word.

I mean,  remember when the S40 used to carry a lot of air... May sound corny, but I like to see/hear of bus routes garnering usage....
(especially when the M.O. all over has been to cut, cut, cut)

• Upvote 1

For those of you who are curious;

6412 M5

6418 M4

6423 M3

All in service right now.

Seems to be the last three running for now. 

2 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

For those of you who are curious;

6412 M5

6418 M4

6423 M3

All in service right now.

Seems to be the last three running for now. 

6390 has pulled out on the m98 since then. Appears 6383 ran this morning but it’s not out right mow...

Question for any drivers or people that knows the upper MTA...

Why do expired Unlimited MetroCards work on buses after the expiration date? 

Someone dipped their card in front of me and it said EXP 6/12, and WORKED. 

I've also seen working cards say:

EXP 9/30

EXP 12/30

EXP 2/16

WTF I thought there are only weekly and monthly...are people using old Unlimited cards because it acts as a working MetroCard on buses? 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Question for any drivers or people that knows the upper MTA...

Why do expired Unlimited MetroCards work on buses after the expiration date? 

Someone dipped their card in front of me and it said EXP 6/12, and WORKED. 

I've also seen working cards say:

EXP 9/30

EXP 12/30

EXP 2/16

WTF I thought there are only weekly and monthly...are people using old Unlimited cards because it acts as a working MetroCard on buses? 

I had an unlimited that did somewhat of the opposite, works on subway but not the bus.

Someone posted a picture of a poster that says that effective June 30th the Q114 will bypass Brookville Blvd and run straight down Rockaway Blvd. I don't recall seeing this in any MTA Committee documents. @Union Tpke You know anything about this?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Someone posted a picture of a poster that says that effective June 30th the Q114 will bypass Brookville Blvd and run straight down Rockaway Blvd. I don't recall seeing this in any MTA Committee documents. @Union Tpke You know anything about this?

I'm guessing the agency wants to take the Q114 off Brookville Blvd to avoid that marsh between Rockaway Blvd and 149th Avenue because it's prone to flooding.

Edited by NY1635

8 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Summary on Page 204 of May 2019 committee for summer changes doesn't have anything, and last service changes were in December 2018 (page 224) for spring. After doing a fast search of all 2018/19 committee books, didn't come up with anything regarding Q114 (and didn't recall seeing anything previously).

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Someone posted a picture of a poster that says that effective June 30th the Q114 will bypass Brookville Blvd and run straight down Rockaway Blvd.....

Then they should implement LTD service on the Q111 - and I'd make the Q114 an all local route to do it too....

They've been d*cking around with LTD service along 147th for quite some time now..... Even before the separation of the old Q113 local & Q113 LTD segments (into today's Q113 & Q114), they were gradually taking away service on the old Q113 via Nassau Expwy.... Now if/when this happens, folks along/around 147th av will only have local service.....

Edited by B35 via Church

That means only Q111 would serve 147 Av and riders in that area will lose Far Rockaway and part Nassau County service.

I'm seeing nothing on the MTA's website about this (and this is one of those things people need to know about in advance).

I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I have heard nothing about this and this was not in any MTA Committee documents. A routing change would likely have to go before the board. Can I see the picture?