Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

7 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

The day you own a bus depot in NYC is the same day I pack up my sh*t and leave NYC for good 

This should not be the cause. I will be out of NYC when this happens. I tell others that, and they believe that it will help speed up service. It is not like I am adding negativity to the MTA.

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

4113 (FB) now has a driverside wrap. Now joining: 4408, 4139, 3975, 4410, 4066, 4067, 4068. 

Do all of them have Brooklyn wraps or do some still have the Bronx Zoo ones?

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

Do all of them have Brooklyn wraps or do some still have the Bronx Zoo ones?

Not all. The ones from Kingsbridge and Gun Hill transfered to Flatbush have the Bronx Zoo. The others have the Brooklyn forumla 1 racing wrap  

Flatbush, Grand, Mike Quill, MCH, MV, Ulmer Park (EXP ONLY) have the wraps. Too bad Ulmer Park can’t put wraps on their XD40’s as those wraps are solely for express and I believe Outfront doesn’t have the dimensions for the XD40’s for NYCT (MTA) yet. Possibly in the near future. 

Posted (edited)

Random thought: Some of the GTFS data for some SI routes is wrong. Here are some examples. BusTime also shows all of these errors so it's even worse.

1. The S90 LTD is shown making all local stops west of Park Ave, however, that's not the case. LTD stop service continues to South Ave. 

2. The S94 LTD has a LTD stop at Lafayette/Richmond Terrace, however GTFS data only shows that the S44 stops there (This is also reflected on the screens on the S94, not showing that stop).

3. The WB S96 LTD shows the Castleton/Brighton stop, even though it doesn't stop there (This is also reflected on the screens on the S96).

4. The first NB stop on the S89 LTD is shown with the S59 and S79 SBS, even though it should be where the S54 is.

So if people uses google maps to use one of these routes, they are out of luck.

Edited by Lil 57

32 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Random thought: Some of the GTFS data for some SI routes is wrong. Here are some examples. BusTime also shows all of these errors so it's even worse.

1. The S90 LTD is shown making all local stops west of Park Ave, however, that's not the case. LTD stop service continues to South Ave. 

2. The S94 LTD has a LTD stop at Lafayette/Richmond Terrace, however GTFS data only shows that the S44 stops there (This is also reflected on the screens on the S94, not showing that stop).

3. The WB S96 LTD shows the Castleton/Brighton stop, even though it doesn't stop there (This is also reflected on the screens on the S96).

4. The first NB stop on the S89 LTD is shown with the S59 and S79 SBS, even though it should be where the S54 is.

So if people uses google maps to use one of these routes, they are out of luck.

Have you sent this to via Email to MTA/NYCT so they can make the appropriate changes on the GTFS Data?  It is quite common to have no communication between departments.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Have you sent this to via Email to MTA/NYCT so they can make the appropriate changes on the GTFS Data?  It is quite common to have no communication between departments.

I should, do I just file a complaint from their website?

Edited by Lil 57

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, NBTA said:

So this morning, my mom told me a blue LFS got into an accident with a sanitation truck. She also told me that the side of the bus was damn near totaled, sadly, I don't know the number, but it happened on the Bx10. The day before, an MCI on the BxM3 got into an accident with a car, the bus barely looked like it was touched, while the car had a reasonable gash on the side in the front. Luckily, everyone was okay it seems in both accidents, sadly, someone was graduating in the car-MCI crash, so sadly, she should've took the train instead of being driven. lol

13 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Doesn't the bus get replaced if it's under warranty?

So that this discussion does not get out of hand, the bus involved was 8359.  The bus has lot of damage to the right side.  However, there is no reason to scrap this bus.  Transit will easily be able to procure the replacement parts from Nova.  The only way a bus gets scrapped is if there's frame damage and certainly this was a low speed collision.  The guys in the shops are quite skilled.

I saw a video of the accident scene somewhere yesterday.  However I forget where.  Therefore I will not be able to show the video.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Does anyone know the status of 8607? It's been OOS for weeks.

Still hanging out at Castle for training. 

• Thanks 1

@Lil 57 They switched the S90 and S94 at Lafayette & Richmond Terrace. On paper/GTFS the S90 stop there but in practice the S94 has the stop on the pole.

I think it makes sense this way. The S94 gets Lafayette and the S90 gets Jersey

10 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I've emailed multiple times about GTFS errors for the Q46, and no one from the (MTA) ever responds to me or corrects the errors. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Please. I had a meeting with the (MTA) which also included BusTime issues back in February. To get anything done, you first need the bigwigs to admit there is a problem. I had Craig Cipriano sitting right in front of me claiming that they knew there was a problem with the antennas and that they were addressing the issue with Verizon. That meeting was on February 20th. We are now over four months removed from that meeting and the situation is worsening by the day. They have to have the vendor come on-site to fix the GPS. Ok fine, then set up a system to pull buses and get them fixed with an actual timeline! Are we supposed to wait an entire year or more for them to fix the tracking on their buses? BusTime has been out now for over eight years and the amount of buses (local and express) that appear and disappear at random is absurd. To top it off they try to blame the disappearing buses on people using non (MTA) apps. Please... 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

I guess they only changed some.

Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q20, Q26, Q27, Q28, Q30, Q31, Q32, Q36, Q43, Q44, Q46, Q54, Q55, Q58, Q76, Q83, Q85

I am not doing the rest of the boroughs.

I moved this here since it has nothing to do with express buses. Could you post a link for one of the mentioned routes? And no, I’m not asking for the other boroughs.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I moved this here since it has nothing to do with express buses. Could you post a link for one of the mentioned routes? And no, I’m not asking for the other boroughs.

If you're using the old site, the schedules are not updated. They're slowly trying to transition everything on the new site, which is where they appear.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Just now, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If you're using the old site, the schedules are not updated. They're slowly trying to transition everything on the new site, which is where they appear.

I see. I’ll start using the new site, then.

51 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Is it just me or did they use the night subway map colors by accident?

Posted (edited)

The M7's detour via 16th Street was eliminated and service via 14th has been restored.

SERVICE RESTORED Effective Monday, July 1 M7 service will be restored to 14 St M7 service will resume at the following stops: On 7 Av at 17 St On 14 St at 7 Av On 6 Av at 15 St On 6 Av at 18 St These temporary stops will be discontinued: 18 St at 7 Av 18 St at 6 Av

Edited by Union Tpke

4 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Anyone hear anything else about the Q114 change?

Planned work: Effective Sunday, Jun 30 until further notice Q114 LTD and local overnight Q114 buses will be detoured between 147 Av at Guy R Brewer Blvd and Brookville Blvd at Rockaway Blvd because of frequent tidal flooding on Brookville Blvd. Buses will operate on Rockaway Blvd in both directions. The stop on 147 Av at Guy R Brewer Blvd will be moved. Q114 buses will board on Guy R Brewer Blvd at 147 Av. For service along 147 Av, take the Q111 bus instead. Q114 stops discontinued in both directions: Brookville Blvd at 148 Rd Brookville Blvd at 147 Rd 147 Av at 228 St 147 Av at 225 St 147 Av at 182 St 147 Av at Guy R Brewer Blvd Discontinued northbound Q114 stops: 147 Av at 232 St 147 Av at 230 Pl 147 Av at 222 St 147 Av at 184 St Discontinued southbound Q114 stops: 147 Av at Springfield Ln 147 Av at 230 St 147 Av at 231 St 147 Av at 235 St

Posted (edited)

Effective Sunday, June 30 Q13, Q16 and Q28 will no longer make the late night eastbound stop on Roosevelt Av near Main St Please board these buses at the full time stop located on 39 Av between Lippman Plaza and Union St.

https://mymtaalerts.com/m?B4448

Edited by Union Tpke

Posted (edited)

It’s funny if you think about it. It’s been raining so much in the past few weeks, the Q114 has probably been finding itself detoured away from 147th Avenue & Brookville Boulevard more often than not. Guess they decided, “Welp! May as well detour it away from there permanently.”

As someone who started using the Q114 to get to/from work regularly a month ago, I am personally all for this service change.

Edited by Axis
  • Upvote 1

8164, the first non-Castleton LFS bus with the new fonts and have working side and rear signs.

45 minutes ago, Axis said:

It’s funny if you think about it. It’s been raining so much in the past few weeks, the Q114 has probably been finding itself detoured away from 147th Avenue & Brookville Boulevard more often than not. Guess they decided, “Welp! May as well detour it away from there permanently.”

As someone who started using the Q114 to get to/from work regularly a month ago, I am personally all for this service change.

The language used indicates that it's supposed to be temporary, and that they'd prefer it to maintain its current route instead of shifting to the Q113's alignment (which is an effective reversion, as a plane crash in 1975 is the whole reason for now-Q114 buses using Brookville Boulevard and 147th Avenue in the first place, and it just happened to be favored by riders).

• Upvote 1