Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I don’t know much about Staten Island, but does anyone see a possibility in the near or far future of them getting articulated buses for any routes?

5 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I don’t know much about Staten Island, but does anyone see a possibility in the near or far future of them getting articulated buses for any routes?

This was discussed a little bit. The possibility is slim but I believe ENY said there were talks of implementing a North Shore SBS that will use artics.

6 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Eventually the S79 will receive artics, around 10-15 years from now.  But the North Shore BRT route (if implemented) will be the first.

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

This was discussed a little bit. The possibility is slim but I believe ENY said there were talks of implementing a North Shore SBS that will use artics.

ENY said they will be using electric buses as Staten Island will be going into the transition, the north shore sbs will be one of the first routes fully electric.

26 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Eventually the S79 will receive artics, around 10-15 years from now.  But the North Shore BRT route (if implemented) will be the first.

Where did you get that from? The only thing artic going to Staten Island is the XE60 and that will be one bus or two and those will be tested in all five boroughs.  

6 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

ENY said they will be using electric buses as Staten Island will be going into the transition, the north shore sbs will be one of the first routes fully electric.

Where did you get that from? The only thing artic going to Staten Island is the XE60 and that will be one bus or two and those will be tested in all five boroughs.  

My brain and ridership stats. S79 is forever growing and eventually it'll receive artics, it's not in the plans now but in the future yes. 

35 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

My brain and ridership stats. S79 is forever growing and eventually it'll receive artics, it's not in the plans now but in the future yes. 

Unless it’s confirmed by someone on top of a press release it’s not on the table as of now. Plenty of routes that are high ridership still have yet to get artics. The only thing that is confirmed is that one or two XE60s will travel around the city to test and that’s it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Ridership decreased in 2017

12 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Ridership decreased in 2017

Hardly, just by several hundred. Basically lost 1% of it's total ridership.

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That all depends on.

A. If the union would want to take on less runs for the addition of artics, which I kind of doubt.

B. If they'll order equipment for Yukon to maintain artics, along with making the space for artics.

8 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

The XE60 never made it to Staten Island, it's no longer in New York City.

As for the bold part....let's just wait and see what will eventually happen. Too many people cling onto information that might change. Nothing is concrete as of now.

Edited by Cait Sith

5 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Hardly, just by several hundred. Basically lost 1% of it's total ridership.

That all depends on.

A. If the union would want to take on less runs for the addition of artics, which I kind of doubt.

B. If they'll order equipment for Yukon to maintain artics, along with making the space for artics.

The XE60 never made it to Staten Island, it's no longer in New York City.

As for the bold part....let's just wait and see what will eventually happen. Too many people cling onto information that might change. Nothing is concrete as of now.

Not the XE60 that was in nyc that was at FB but the 15 that are coming in the fall. ENY said one or two of those buses will travel through nyc as a test. Unless that changed but he said that a few times in here. 

The via NJ express buses must be FUBAR this evening..

O/T for this thread but bus service was suspended out of PABT as well

20 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

The via NJ express buses must be FUBAR this evening..

O/T for this thread but bus service was suspended out of PABT as well

I hope no one ends up dying.

Since tomorrow is July 4th I was thinking that the (MTA) should run more express bus service to SI as well as more S53, S79 SBS and special S93 LTD service between the hours of 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM because the SI Ferry isn't running during those hours. Those buses are going to be packed tomorrow evening.

49 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Since tomorrow is July 4th I was thinking that the (MTA) should run more express bus service to SI as well as more S53, S79 SBS and special S93 LTD service between the hours of 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM because the SI Ferry isn't running during those hours. Those buses are going to be packed tomorrow evening.

Honestly, it would generally be nice to have more service, especially if we're talking about the S79 and S93.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

They are, extra service out of the ferry and the city. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

is the Q22 MTA Bus or NYCT? And do the Q22 and Q35 run Orion OG Hybrids or NGs

It’s MTA bus and they run OG hybrids. 

35 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

is the Q22 MTA Bus or NYCT? And do the Q22 and Q35 run Orion OG Hybrids or NGs

MTA Bus. NGs only run there during special cases. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Can buses be transferred between NYCTA, MABSTOA and MTA Bus?

Yes they can and they are doing it right now. The NGs from SI to Manhattan and the OGs from Manhattan to Queens (MTA Bus) are a few of the recent transfers.

3 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Yes they can and they are doing it right now. The NGs from SI to Manhattan and the OGs from Manhattan to Queens (MTA Bus) are a few of the recent transfers.

Also from Brooklyn to Queens. (OGs). 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Can buses be transferred between NYCTA, MABSTOA and MTA Bus?

Not from MTA Bus to NYCT, unless the bus originally came from NYCT

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Not from MTA Bus to NYCT, unless the bus originally came from NYCT

I remember seeing images of some 3xxx MCI buses on SI which were loned from MTA Bus.