BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

20 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I truly don’t understand why some people in the chat think they’re so sure that Castleton ain’t keeping the new Novas.

Maybe they will, maybe they won’t, but anything can happen and anything is subject to change.

Right, everyone is quick to say everything is subject to change but now all of sudden everything is final. 🤣

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

Non-SBS buses on an SBS route? That's a new one.

Very common out here. I don't even think the LFS have the SBS paint underneath. But yeah the S79 isn't SBS for passengers LOL (we just treat it as a unique express route), it's SBS "internally" so the paint scheme doesn't really matter for passengers especially since we don't pay at machines before we board. And there's no local counterpart with the same route number so the sign definitely doesn't matter anyways. 

I finally got to ride an QV express route so I been on express routes out of every MTA Depot, even Merdith. Funny thing about MA Depot is I fanned the SIM33 expecting a CAS bus to show up but it was an MA bus lol.

I almost passed up the QV bus cause an  DD60 02 MCI was on the QM21 and I love those old school MCI's😀 But I ended up riding the Cummins MCI cause I only been on one prior and I didn't feel like taking the Q6 back to the subway once I got off the QM21..

3 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I finally got to ride an QV express route so I been on express routes out of every MTA Depot, even Merdith. Funny thing about MA Depot is I fanned the SIM33 expecting a CAS bus to show up but it was an MA bus lol.

I almost passed up the QV bus cause an  DD60 02 MCI was on the QM21 and I love those old school MCI's😀 But I ended up riding the Cummins MCI cause I only been on one prior and I didn't feel like taking the Q6 back to the subway once I got off the QM21..

The QM21 stops at Main and Queens Blvd where you an transfer to the subway

Really random thoughts.  Having dinner with some of my retired Transit friends and one person suggested that we contact the agency to make some corrections to the official website info.  A few of us asked what was wrong and two people criticized the new site.  One example given was my old bus stop on the B6. Sure enough if you click on the B6 toward Harway it shows you a stop at Cozine and Vermont Avenue. Problem is the stop is located at Vermont Street,  not Vermont Avenue. There is a Vermont Avenue but it's located up by Highland Park and the B6 doesn't run anywhere near there. Someone else brought up the Q24 and it's western terminal. When it was the B22 it used to terminate at  Lafayette Avenue, Broadway,  and Patchen Avenue.  My friends say the destination description on the site says Lafayette Street.  What do the destination signs say ?Maybe they need some more knowledgeable people at the agency. BTW,  I mentioned somewhere on the forum about an incorrect entry on subway dot org and someone suggested that I contact someone on that site. I tried but the entry about 135th Street and Lenox in the line by line guide still mentions a two track station while I remember it being three tracks.  Maybe someone else might have better luck with that one. Just my quibbles. Carry on. 

Can we like start a procurement/provision for an express bus route operating between Bronx & Five Towns? It’s like impossible to get to/from work everyday in Cedarhurst, the (A), n31, n32, and Q114 are all unreliable & nihilistic, and I flat out refuse to spend extra just to take the LIRR.

Edited by Axis

3 minutes ago, Axis said:

Can we like start a procurement/provision for an express bus route operating between Bronx & Five Towns? It’s like impossible to get to/from work everyday in Cedarhurst, the (A), n31, n32, and Q114 are all unreliable & nihilistic, and I flat out refuse to spend extra just to take the LIRR.

Is there enough people that travel through there to warrant an express route? 

1 hour ago, Axis said:

There is no demand for such a route, you're better off getting a car for such a commute..

4 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

NG on the B82

9st386.jpg

Property of East New York. Grand Avenue buses either have 30x240 on most of their NG’s and The Formula Grand Prix driverside wrap. I doubt they have the Honest Tea driverside wrap on their buses.  Great picture from 96th and Flatlands. 

Remember those Museum of Sex ads that went viral because they were on the front of the bus and the B/Os were getting harassed? Well they are back on the front of the buses but with an American flag background instead of a black  background. Let's see how long it takes before they get ripped off again. They are in the process of taking off the oatmilk ads so you won't see them that much right now.

Edited by Lil 57

32 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Remember those Museum of Sex ads that went viral because they were on the front of the bus and the B/Os were getting harassed? Well they are back on the front of the buses but with an American flag background instead of a black  background. Let's see how long it takes before they get ripped off again. They are in the process of taking off the oatmilk ads so you won't see them that much right now.

Here's a image so you can see what I'm talking about.

Museum of sex again????