Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

4 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

NG on the B82

9st386.jpg

Property of East New York. Grand Avenue buses either have 30x240 on most of their NG’s and The Formula Grand Prix driverside wrap. I doubt they have the Honest Tea driverside wrap on their buses.  Great picture from 96th and Flatlands. 

Remember those Museum of Sex ads that went viral because they were on the front of the bus and the B/Os were getting harassed? Well they are back on the front of the buses but with an American flag background instead of a black  background. Let's see how long it takes before they get ripped off again. They are in the process of taking off the oatmilk ads so you won't see them that much right now.

Edited by Lil 57

32 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Remember those Museum of Sex ads that went viral because they were on the front of the bus and the B/Os were getting harassed? Well they are back on the front of the buses but with an American flag background instead of a black  background. Let's see how long it takes before they get ripped off again. They are in the process of taking off the oatmilk ads so you won't see them that much right now.

Here's a image so you can see what I'm talking about.

Museum of sex again????

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Good catch. Museum of sex ads should of been only on the rear of buses and not on the front of buses. Yeh, the Oatly milk campaign is about to be a rap. One of the best campaigns in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Son of a bitch 🤦‍♂️. RIP Oatmilk, these museum of sex ads are probably the only things that can come close to following oatmilk IMO so...

• LMAO! 2

On 7/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They definitely still do every weekday. Right now there's 11 NGs on the line, the rest are 2019 LFS. Weekends they limit them and run maybe one or two at most. 

There is just two NGs now.

3091qjc.jp

This ad will end soon. By far one of the best campaigns I’ve seen in a long time. If this ad also came in a 30x 240 with headliner or driverside wrap all the bus divisions citywide would of picked it up. 

A well executed bus campaign. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

BOO HISS. Those Oatmilk ads were fantastic. I hope one of them ends up in the transit museum archives or something.

47997633461_80d8c68903_b.jpg

An honorary mention also goes out to the Uber Eats ads because they were great as well... Some of the pictures of the food actually made me hungry at times.

48185076571_7597799695_b.jpg

47962833258_083506ea12_b.jpg

Guess I'm in a minority then, because I don't like anything about those oatmilk ads - from the product being advertised, to the lackadaisical attempt at witticism, down to the font...

26 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Guess I'm in a minority then, because I don't like anything about those oatmilk ads - from the product being advertised, to the lackadaisical attempt at witticism, down to the font...

Don’t worry, they’ll be removed soon.

51 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

BOO HISS. Those Oatmilk ads were fantastic. I hope one of them ends up in the transit museum archives or something.

47997633461_80d8c68903_b.jpg

An honorary mention also goes out to the Uber Eats ads because they were great as well... Some of the pictures of the food actually made me hungry at times.

48185076571_7597799695_b.jpg

47962833258_083506ea12_b.jpg

Too bad those Über eats didn’t make into Brooklyn Division depots. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

Never thought I'd see the day where I would see a jam packed M55, especially at this time. This is the most I've ever seen the M55 crowded.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

2 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Never thought I'd see the day where I would see a jam packed M55, especially at this time. 

You could guess as to why....

• LMAO! 4

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You could guess as to why....

Found it quite funny last night with the Blackout how inept the MTA was. According to the many reports, things went dark right around 7:00 pm, and naturally, people were flooding social media with their own information. I didn't notice it until opening the computer at around 8:30 pm, and went to MTA homepage. Subway lines (except (J) and (M) IIRC) had the same generic message under whatever warning message of "We've been informed of some problems at stations of electric problems", and until 9:06 pm, the Manhattan buses were only with the "Service Change" on the widget. Then, the message of "Delays" was put up and an overarching "All Manhattan Local, Limited, Select and Express buses are running with delays due to a power outage."

Didn't even bother to snoop around on BusTime to look at the carnage. But to think for basically two hours, the MTA wasn't getting any feedback from their operators, road supervisors, dispatchers (whatever you call the doofuses standing on the streets) to relay out?

Was going to try the various MTA social media accounts, but, oddly, the "old" MTA site doesn't have anything listed (from the link at the bottom of the page), and the "new" site only has Instagram ones, no Twitter or Facebook links.