BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Why don't you walk inside Quill and find out?

Since apparently, you "work" for the TA.....🤣

They likely got them/are in the phase of getting them. The demo XE60 is supposed to arrive in September/October, with the production buses coming in November/December.

Mr. Man already knows this stuff, obviously ............

Even while "surveying" the Montreal transit operations (and no doubt giving his invaluable input), he's got his finger on the pulse of NYCT and MTA Bus.

I've got a finger for someone's pulse ... just sayin'

3 minutes ago, DetSMART45 said:

Mr. Man already knows this stuff, obviously ............

Even while "surveying" the Montreal transit operations (and no doubt giving his invaluable input), he's got his finger on the pulse of NYCT and MTA Bus.

I've got a finger for someone's pulse ... just sayin'

jeez, i haven't laughed that hard in a while. outstanding. 

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Why don't you walk inside Quill and find out?

Since apparently, you "work" for the TA.....🤣

They likely got them/are in the phase of getting them. The demo XE60 is supposed to arrive in September/October, with the production buses coming in November/December.

I mean if I legitimately had access to Quill I wouldn't even be asking this thread but what do I know? 😂

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

I mean if I legitimately had access to Quill I wouldn't even be asking this thread but what do I know? 😂

If it were the case, this shouldn't have even been a Question in the first place. Just go and find out, and try to speak about something Productive that would invite people to join in on the conversation, but unfortunately it feels like if he's just giving us Homework for us to Investigate in these Depot's somehow to try and find out.

42 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

The fact you couldn't get others to completely see things your way in this thread bothers you...

Other people's opinions of you, bothers you....

The government you fear, bothers you...

Your own reflection bothers you....

LIFE bothers you.

Get off my nuts, chump.... If I gave enough of a damn, I should report your lying ass for blatantly claiming I made a "passive anti-semitic" remark - When you're on here questioning if I am one....

Now go report this post too.

Surprised ... and not surprised ... @B35 via Church posted this.

Anyone from 'round these parts really knows "B35" doesn't need to respond to something so petty. BUT, setting things straight has to be done, and B35 won't shirk from that.

Let this be a serious lesson to you @Uncle Floyd Fan. Yeah, purposely bolded and underlined.

You really walked over the line, take it as a lesson.

Next time, your ass is grass and I'll be the one riding the lawnmower. And I know how to cut everything evenly -- no missed spots.

4 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

If it were the case, this shouldn't have even been a Question in the first place. Just go and find out, and try to speak about something Productive that would invite people to join in on the conversation, but unfortunately it feels like if he's just giving us Homework for us to Investigate in these Depot's somehow to try and find out.

yeah to make more inaccurate review videos filled with assumptions & gobshite, attempting to speak from a place of knowledge. I'm not contributing to the delinquency or charade. #FiyahFiDat 

Just want to say, I've got no personal axe to grind with Mr. Man. Haven't watched his "videos" or really paid attention to his wandering babbling.

But when @Cait Sith calls out a post hyped by Mr. Man that contains Shane's OWN work uncredited and no caveats are offered (even something like, "I'll get back to the creator because that's just not cool"), it says a lot by omission.

Yeah, minor shit like that matters to me, reputation-wise.

3 minutes ago, DetSMART45 said:

Just want to say, I've got no personal axe to grind with Mr. Man. Haven't watched his "videos" or really paid attention to his wandering babbling.

But when @Cait Sith calls out a post hyped by Mr. Man that contains Shane's OWN work uncredited and no caveats are offered (even something like, "I'll get back to the creator because that's just not cool"), it says a lot by omission.

It's good you called him out, but I will state this in a Generalized sense. It sucks to see how many of these peoples' hard work gets used by some shitter full of flaws and Inaccuracy, especially when its bloated with people who are just wannabe's and have little to no transit experience, rather than foaming whenever they are riding the bus with their mommy. They think (MTA) is about the stories, looks, and fun. But this Agency is an Integrity which you have to dedicate your time to, and craft your best. @Cait Sith @SevenEleven @Flatbush SBS Duece @East New York @The Real @EastFlatbushLarry @Lance and others are people that have to be thanked and credited for their work, and honestly people here have to comprehend their lives and how busy they are day in and day out. These people gift us with their knowledge and Information, and unfortunately people here take it as a demand. This foaming, speculation, and distortion of Information is really damaging, especially to the credibility of the source. Like I understand where some people come from when they feel restricted to make their speculations, but the problem is we have people here of all different ages and walks of life, and there are people who may take the speculation unfortunately as a fact, and when that speculation is taken as a fact, it is spread around the Internet like wildfire, you could say the most exclusive thing ever, and in less than 30 seconds, you'll see someone from here go to a YouTube video and blurt all of this out to more eyes. Like I understand, but the Moderators here know as to why they always say, "Wait and see." It is not because they don't like what people speculate here, but it is because of others who may take that unproven speculation as a factual statement and try to make everyone believe it as something truthful, and in the age of social media this is highly unavoidable. I feel everyone has to do their part, and try to minimize this speculation, because it creates a tough environment for everyone here, and when you have more people joining here, adding on to that speculation, it makes the Mods job worse because now a big influx of people convey into the unconfirmed speculations of a person, and it becomes hard to correct and contain. As for the mods here, they do a great Job, they work hard, and sacrifice their time in order to maintain an Informed environment whenever they are able to, and to help this place be what it is truly supposed to be.

21 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

yeah to make more inaccurate review videos filled with assumptions & gobshite, attempting to speak from a place of knowledge. I'm not contributing to the delinquency or charade. #FiyahFiDat 

It's mostly the younger enthusiasts making these reviews. I don't really get it myself(especially since they don't drive the buses they review), but it is what it is.

Personally, these reviews shouldn't be a thing. If you don't drive them or have knowledge of them outside of the basic information that's already on the internet, just don't put these reviews out(especially if you don't credit the owners for their content, or if you're using said content in inaccurate reviews).

15 minutes ago, DetSMART45 said:

THIS is EXACTLY what tripped my radar. and the fact that grown MEN don't lie about their employment, regardless of what it may be. only children fib unnecessarily... and i have to keep reminding myself that there are "children" here 🙄 God bless em... but i don't have the patience for them. 

4 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

It's mostly the younger enthusiasts making these reviews. I don't really get it myself(especially since they don't drive the buses they review), but it is what it is.

Personally, these reviews shouldn't be a thing. If you don't drive them or have knowledge of them outside of the basic information that's already on the internet, just don't put these reviews out(especially if you don't credit the owners for their content, or if you're using said content in inaccurate reviews).

agreed. none of em have any clue as to the task of being a b/o letalone the responsibility of being in that seat. no idea of intricacies of those air brakes. smh there's no legitimacy to most of those vids... it's child's play, speaking from a juvenile mind... "oh, this model bus unit is a good bus because the engine 'sounds' good..." ughh, git outta here! I'm not saying a person can't have an opinion, but, and i stress this, do not offer so-called opinions based on alleged, second or third hand opinions, offer them as your own and attempt to repeatedly speak from a supposed place of knowledge. people in the know see thru that s**t. and don't cry that people are haters when you're called out on your bull. in the hood, if you're a poser, claiming a gang, you get G-checked by members. if you claim have served in the armed forces, others will check you. same rules apply with city/state employees. pull that crap with other dumb children, but don't bring that to grown ass men. 

20 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

It's good you called him out, but I will state this in a Generalized sense. It sucks to see how many of these peoples' hard work gets used by some shitter full of flaws and Inaccuracy, especially when its bloated with people who are just wannabe's and have little to no transit experience, rather than foaming whenever they are riding the bus with their mommy. They think (MTA) is about the stories, looks, and fun. But this Agency is an Integrity which you have to dedicate your time to, and craft your best. @Cait Sith @SevenEleven @Flatbush SBS Duece @East New York @The Real @EastFlatbushLarry @Lance and others are people that have to be thanked and credited for their work, and honestly people here have to comprehend their lives and how busy they are day in and day out. These people gift us with their knowledge and Information, and unfortunately people here take it as a demand. This foaming, speculation, and distortion of Information is really damaging, especially to the credibility of the source. Like I understand where some people come from when they feel restricted to make their speculations, but the problem is we have people here of all different ages and walks of life, and there are people who may take the speculation unfortunately as a fact, and when that speculation is taken as a fact, it is spread around the Internet like wildfire, you could say the most exclusive thing ever, and in less than 30 seconds, you'll see someone from here go to a YouTube video and blurt all of this out to more eyes. Like I understand, but the Moderators here know as to why they always say, "Wait and see." It is not because they don't like what people speculate here, but it is because of others who may take that unproven speculation as a factual statement and try to make everyone believe it as something truthful, and in the age of social media this is highly unavoidable. I feel everyone has to do their part, and try to minimize this speculation, because it creates a tough environment for everyone here, and when you have more people joining here, adding on to that speculation, it makes the Mods job worse because now a big influx of people convey into the unconfirmed speculations of a person, and it becomes hard to correct and contain. As for the mods here, they do a great Job, they work hard, and sacrifice their time in order to maintain an Informed environment whenever they are able to, and to help this place be what it is truly supposed to be.

Thank you for this, and finally, someone who actually gets why some of us say "wait and see".

29 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

This foaming, speculation, and distortion of Information is really damaging, especially to the credibility of the source.

appreciate the statement. key word: distortion. people who are in positions of higher knowledge (be it a @East New Yorkor others) for obvious reasons must show discernment regarding the release of "relevant" info... it's a level of maturity & responsibility that comes with experience. just because you can blurt some things out, doesn't mean you should. there's alot of irresponsible running of the mouth as of late due to entitlement, as you explained. everyone feels that they're entitled to a podium, be it social media or widespread immaturity, i can't call it. but, i personally, take enough pride in myself and my employment that i can't sit idly by and "allow" certain levels of disrespectful behavior to gain traction. nothing was ever "given" or gifted to me on this job. even at graduation, my badge wasn't given to me... i EARNED it! every piece of knowledge I've gained or shared, even in the most moderate way, i earned the right to know what i know, to be in a position to be in the know. what's missing in these so-called op-ed blog video reviews or whateverthef**k is the pride & confidence that is obtained thru dedication & hard work. i know if individuals that don't work for transit (and may not have a desire to) release info, reviews and opinions based on fact and can speak with pride & confidence because they put in the work to know what type of engine is in a bus, how that engine works, how it's supposed to sound when it's working properly or improperly, etc. i take high offense to anything that is slapped together just for the sake of a person hearing their own mediocre voices pontificate incessantly without direction or discernment. 

25 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

THIS is EXACTLY what tripped my radar. and the fact that grown MEN don't lie about their employment, regardless of what it may be. only children fib unnecessarily... and i have to keep reminding myself that there are "children" here 🙄 God bless em... but i don't have the patience for them. 

agreed. none of em have any clue as to the task of being a b/o letalone the responsibility of being in that seat. no idea of intricacies of those air brakes. smh there's no legitimacy to most of those vids... it's child's play, speaking from a juvenile mind... "oh, this model bus unit is a good bus because the engine 'sounds' good..." ughh, git outta here! I'm not saying a person can't have an opinion, but, and i stress this, do not offer so-called opinions based on alleged, second or third hand opinions, offer them as your own and attempt to repeatedly speak from a supposed place of knowledge. people in the know see thru that s**t. and don't cry that people are haters when you're called out on your bull. in the hood, if you're a poser, claiming a gang, you get G-checked by members. if you claim have served in the armed forces, others will check you. same rules apply with city/state employees. pull that crap with other dumb children, but don't bring that to grown ass men. 

Yeah, you guys really go through a lot as Bus Operators, and I have seen by experience the things you guys have to put up with, and the stress of having to do multiple runs, interlines, sometimes cover the Extra list, but the shenanigans brought by these Immature kids is just unbelievable how they try and sell this to others. Like I think @Cait Sith saw a review that "The Man" boasted all of us to watch here in the Forums, the review was by a user Sonic57053, that is just a clear example of how pitiful and inaccurate Information can be taken as a fact by people who don't have the common sense or knowledge of the Inner-workings of the (MTA) Itself. Rather should I suggest they'd be crying right now if someone told them the truth of how credible they are in being completely false on almost everything they post. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them say something extremely ridiculous at this point.

12 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Yeah, you guys really go through a lot as Bus Operators, and I have seen by experience the things you guys have to put up with, and the stress of having to do multiple runs, interlines, sometimes cover the Extra list, but the shenanigans brought by these Immature kids is just unbelievable how they try and sell this to others. Like I think @Cait Sith saw a review that "The Man" boasted all of us to watch here in the Forums, the review was by a user Sonic57053, that is just a clear example of how pitiful and inaccurate Information can be taken as a fact by people who don't have the common sense or knowledge of the Inner-workings of the (MTA) Itself. Rather should I suggest they'd be crying right now if someone told them the truth of how credible they are in being completely false on almost everything they post. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them say something extremely ridiculous at this point.

"spare the rod... spoil the child." even beforehand, i addressed the children DIRECTLY and was smooth ignored. why? because there's no defense against truth. he ignored my direct calling him out because there's no convincing myself or anyone else of your legitimacy that's been where I've been and been around MTA as long as I've been. you can't fool me (or others) you can't pull the wool over our eyes... i been around way too many legit people that illegitimate individuals stand out like the cornballs they are, and yes, it f**king offends me. it offends my intelligence. i will not hide that, ever. i apologize for nothing. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

3 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

"spare the rod... spoil the child." even beforehand, i addressed the children DIRECTLY and was smooth ignored. why? because there's no defense against truth. he ignored my direct calling him out because there's no convincing myself or anyone else of your legitimacy that's been where I've been and been around MTA as long as I've been. you can't fool me (or others) you can't pull the wool over our eyes... i been around way too many legit people that illegitimate individuals stand out like the cornballs they are, and yes, it f**king offends me. it offends my intelligence. i will not hide that, ever. i apologize for nothing. 

Well God Bless you on that. It's a really tough situation to be in, and I get you. It's just hilarious when they expect us to find their statements believable. Especially when it comes from the one who says they want to build a West Indies Depot with a capacity of 650-700 Buses, holding nothing but XE40's, and wants to pay for it with their "Celebrity Money," now if that sounds like something that would roll you laughing on the floor, yes you read what he stated. 🤣

Just want to add something real quick.. When the moderators tell everyone "wait and see"   There is a reason for that and it's called vetting. Vetting information for accuracy and that takes a lot of time, patience and sweat. Information has to be accurate and checked before releasing. The last thing you want is any inaccuracies and a credible person's reputation could be at stake for putting out wrong information. I have tremendous respect to the mods, bus ops and bus maintenance staff on this board who provide accurate information.. At the end of the day accuracy and smart vetting of information always wins. (That's a note to the young enthusiasts)

Now to the kid (Since you addressed me):

4 hours ago, King Transit said:

Boiii, let me go😑😶

Last I checked I don't have a credibility problem. When you have mostly everyone on here calling your bluff. (Nice try kid). At least I'm not 15 in high school and a curfew of 9:00PM. 😂  🤣.

/sarcasm

#rantdone

1 minute ago, WestFarms36 said:

Well God Bless you on that. It's a really tough situation to be in, and I get you. It's just hilarious when they expect us to find their statements believable. Especially when it comes from the one who says they want to build a West Indies Depot with a capacity of 650-700 Buses, holding nothing but XE40's, and wants to pay for it with their "Celebrity Money," now if that sounds like something that would roll you laughing on the floor, yes you read what he stated. 🤣

oh trust me, i saw it when it was originally posted. and at that moment, i had to remind myself "this is a ignorant child. full of entitlement, and never been told to hush dem rassclaat mouth". to comfortably make a statement like that in a public form without SOMETHING clicking in their brain saying "maybe i shouldn't..." is a sign of a complete lack of discipline, and it starts in the household. too much reinforcement of negative behavior, and not enough being told "no". i don't even have to explain why that was ignorant... y'all know. 

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Just want to add something real quick.. When the moderators tell everyone "wait and see"   There is a reason for that and it's called vetting. Vetting information for accuracy and that takes a lot of time, patience and sweat. Information has to be accurate and checked before releasing. The last thing you want is any inaccuracies and a credible person's reputation could be at stake for putting out wrong information. I have tremendous respect to the mods, bus ops and bus maintenance staff on this board who provide accurate information.. At the end of the day accuracy and smart vetting of information always wins. (That's a note to the young enthusiasts)

Now to the kid (Since you addressed me):

Last I checked I don't have a credibility problem. When you have mostly everyone on here calling your bluff. (Nice try kid). At least I'm not 15 in high school and a curfew of 9:00PM. 😂  🤣.

/sarcasm

#rantdone

this is exactly what I'm talking about. people deem it as hating or bullying when you tell em they're WRONG. "let me go"... how 'bout no. in society grown PEOPLE are held accountable for the b.s. they say and do. that's what growing up is.. that's what being an ADULT is. i swear, the next generation(s) coming up are friggin doomed... none of these bastards want any form of accountability. 

People are treating buses and subways like they're some TV program or some anime or some shit. Like its a fandom, where you can love or hate the characters, and critique the storyline, etc. Where you can have opinions on what is best, what sucks.

These transit YouTube reviews started popping up in droves about 2-3 years ago. And it's not like these are accurate reviews, like how you see with car enthusiasts and mechanics, which for the most part are know more about the inner workings of vehicles. The roots have always been there. How many times throughout the years have I heard and read what people think:

"Love the way the Voight sounds."

"Those guys at LGA suck with their maintenance."

You have young people whose only knowledge of buses and trains comes from a couple of websites, and that knowledge seems to be enough to make them experts. And that's a problem. Especially when it comes down to vehicles run by a public stage agency or a private company, which itself isn't even that sexy an idea.

Now there is a trove of misinformation in this niche community that cannot afford to have misinformation, all because some guy treats buses like a film trailer that can be reviewed on YouTube.

2 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

this is exactly what I'm talking about. people deem it as hating or bullying when you tell em they're WRONG. "let me go"... how 'bout no. in society grown PEOPLE are held accountable for the b.s. they say and do. that's what growing up is.. that's what being an ADULT is. i swear, the next generation(s) coming up are friggin doomed... none of these bastards want any form of accountability. 

So true! @EastFlatbushLarry 

I was already done when he mentioned about the East New York thing and I'm like you don't know a thing about that depot and the APPRENTICE thing was the kicker...

Last I checked, I've worked for the City of New York for the better of 13 years and never heard of a APPRENTICE dispatcher.

So I say this. Spare me the bullshit and do what 15 year old kids do. PLAY FORTNITE.

8 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

oh trust me, i saw it when it was originally posted. and at that moment, i had to remind myself "this is a ignorant child. full of entitlement, and never been told to hush dem rassclaat mouth". to comfortably make a statement like that in a public form without SOMETHING clicking in their brain saying "maybe i shouldn't..." is a sign of a complete lack of discipline, and it starts in the household. too much reinforcement of negative behavior, and not enough being told "no". i don't even have to explain why that was ignorant... y'all know. 

Listen I could not hold back of laughter reading that. I just burst out laughing at how Ignorant such can be. Real estate in this city is scarce, and if anything never to the light of day would I see the (MTA) building a facility that can support 700 Buses Honestly. Many of these people are in denial that they contributed to @East New York leaving, but I felt for him each time he had to go vocal and address all of these people constantly. It is a stressing matter, and if this forum wants to preserve its status of being the source of accurate, and vetted information, these people have to take the advice of the Moderators for their own good, and not take it as an insult, or a way to shut them up. Honestly these people who work collectively within the Agency know what's going on, have more Information than what they actually give out. I am in deep understanding of why you guys only share a quarter of what you know, and that quarter of Info you share proves in itself as to how much ignorance and carelessness there is in handling this information responsibly. It's okay to ask innocent questions, but do the damn research, but in the work, use statistics, use multiple sources from where this information came from, before you shove it down everyone's throats as something factual. It is sickening to see and hear how these peoples' hard work is massacred in these obliterated reviews which honestly give me little to no information, rather than seeing public lip service. Like they make politicians Intelligent on the transportation talk, if you compare the two. This is why you make sure your information is vetted, and listen to a Moderator when they say "wait and see" because they are actually HELPING YOU learn something KNOWLEDGEABLE and RESOURCEFUL that you can explain and confirm to other people.

12 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

People are treating buses and subways like they're some TV program or some anime or some shit. Like its a fandom, where you can love or hate the characters, and critique the storyline, etc. Where you can have opinions on what is best, what sucks.

These transit YouTube reviews started popping up in droves about 2-3 years ago. And it's not like these are accurate reviews, like how you see with car enthusiasts and mechanics, which for the most part are know more about the inner workings of vehicles. The roots have always been there. How many times throughout the years have I heard and read what people think:

"Love the way the Voight sounds."

"Those guys at LGA suck with their maintenance."

You have young people whose only knowledge of buses and trains comes from a couple of websites, and that knowledge seems to be enough to make them experts. And that's a problem. Especially when it comes down to vehicles run by a public stage agency or a private company, which itself isn't even that sexy an idea.

Now there is a trove of misinformation in this niche community that cannot afford to have misinformation, all because some guy treats buses like a film trailer that can be reviewed on YouTube.

well said. within that time frame (and slightly beforehand) on one hand, i could count how many youngins were legit depot reviewers (considering none of them were employees) one that always stood out to me (not to promote anyone) but the super subway brothers always floored me. THEY (and i use the term loosely) did their homework. i worked in 3 yards they reviewed, and was stunned by the moderate intricacies they were able to vividly describe. they couldn't have obtained certain particulars via second hand or thru assumptions. they put in the legwork and released a quality product. i could be wrong, but i never saw an inaccurate depiction/description from them of any depot. 

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So true! @EastFlatbushLarry 

I was already done when he mentioned about the East New York thing and I'm like you don't know a thing about that depot and the APPRENTICE thing was the kicker...

Last I checked, I've worked for the City of New York for the better of 13 years and never heard of a APPRENTICE dispatcher.

So I say this. Spare me the bullshit and do what 15 year old kids do. PLAY FORTNITE.

Apprentice? You've got to be Joking right? 😂

Does he know that a Dispatcher's exam has to be taken for such thing? and if he claims he is an Apprentice, I wonder what he's dispatching, because for sure it ain't Buses to begin with... 🤣