Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

So, since the Goomba from Mario has stopped talking about how incredible his credibility is, has anyone heard about that M15 Showcase Route?

4271 is running on the S79 +selectbusservice.

4276 is running on the S44.

Those are the only two 2009 Orion VII Next Generation buses in service at Staten Island at the moment.

1 hour ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me at what point did the Q114-Limited get a short-sign to Mott Avenue? has that always been a thing? currently on bus #3526

By the way out of curiosity, I don't know if you have also noticed from your own experience at Transit, but the newer Buses like the Buses delivered between 2015-2017, if you inspect them closely sometimes you may find scratches or dents that occur to them over the tough tenure in NYCT, are these things that happen en-route during an Operator's shift, or are these factored into something else, because Accidents can't really be it, and I've seen insane scratches and dents which do make me wonder.

13 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

4271 is running on the S79 +selectbusservice.

4276 is running on the S44.

Those are the only two 2009 Orion VII Next Generation buses in service at Staten Island at the moment.

4251, 4265-4267, 4269, 4272 are still on the island unless they are being prepped to Manhattanville. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

By the way out of curiosity, I don't know if you have also noticed from your own experience at Transit, but the newer Buses like the Buses delivered between 2015-2017, if you inspect them closely sometimes you may find scratches or dents that occur to them over the tough tenure in NYCT, are these things that happen en-route during an Operator's shift, or are these factored into something else, because Accidents can't really be it, and I've seen insane scratches and dents which do make me wonder.

dents & scratches may occur definitely during shifting operations. you're correct... all scratches or dents aren't a direct result of on the road accidents. 

5 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

dents & scratches may occur definitely during shifting operations. you're correct... all scratches or dents aren't a direct result of on the road accidents. 

Good to receive clarification, cuz I am aware the Operator has to visually Inspect the exterior of the Bus and note any of those things on their OVCR Card, to get it signed afterwards, and I wondered if any of this got addressed over time since the bus repaint cycle was every 4 years until now with this ordeal which will push it to 6, so I was trying to figure out if there's anything in place to address that temporarily until a bus is repainted.

7 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Good to receive clarification, cuz I am aware the Operator has to visually Inspect the exterior of the Bus and note any of those things on their OVCR Card, to get it signed afterwards, and I wondered if any of this got addressed over time since the bus repaint cycle was every 4 years until now with this ordeal which will push it to 6, so I was trying to figure out if there's anything in place to address that temporarily until a bus is repainted.

i believe it depends on severity but yes it's definitely a good idea to acknowledge everything on the ovcr

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I could see that as a possibility. Just remember the current TA order runs only thru 6233. Up to 6209 is delivered already. Some 6160’s, some 6180’s are delivered, some 6190’s. However, no 6170’s. 

I could see 6127-6145 will be quills,  6146-6195 will be Hales, 6196-6233 will be Flatbush, along with some older XD60s. 

Just a prediction. 

5 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I could see 6127-6145 will be quills,  6146-6195 will be Hales, 6196-6233 will be Flatbush, along with some older XD60s. 

Just a prediction. 

I thought the order was only going to Mother Clara Hale and Flatbush while Michael J. Quill gets the older 2017 ones from MTA BUS Company.

3 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I thought the order was only going to Mother Clara Hale and Flatbush while Michael J. Quill gets the older 2017 ones from MTA BUS Company.

I guess, MJQ was just lumped into there for the sbs launch of the M14. I'm not sure whats going to happen when the TA get their buses from bus company. 

10 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

A lot of the Manhattan ones have dents and scratches from getting sideswiped in Midtown.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Calvin said:

They don't. Only wi-fi on-board. 

Are these articulated buses? Did they run in another Boro prior? I noticed there are less And less buses with “53”. Most start with “61” hopefully all will soon.

7 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

I swear everytime I go thru the wash, I think I'm gonna come out without a mirror. 

• LMAO! 3

The rainstorm few hours ago didn't go well at Staten Island. A bus(or more) was flooded around Richmond Terrace. 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

The rainstorm few hours ago didn't go well at Staten Island. A bus(or more) was flooded around Richmond Terrace. 

I watched a video of one of the 2019 LFS buses (870?) get flooded. Hope the passengers, operator, and the bus itself are in good conditions now.

9 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Originally, yes, except for that last part, those buses were supposedly going to Brooklyn with some going back to Manhattan.

However, Quill needed extra buses to completely send out the rest of the local LFSAs out to The Bronx. The new LFSA order didn't completely wipe them out, and the recent service adjustment to the M14A getting more service and more buses required more buses for the line. The new XD60s put an end to the local articulated fleet.

9 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

I guess, MJQ was just lumped into there for the sbs launch of the M14. I'm not sure whats going to happen when the TA get their buses from bus company. 

I feel like I've explained this to you and many others so many times and you still seem to forget why they also got XD60s.

They were ORIGINALLY going to get a small number of XD60s just to completely wipe out the local LFSA fleet, but needed more because of the M14A service increases. It wasn't just because of the M14 SBS launch. If they had just sent out the local LFSAs and not get anything back, they'd be down 18 buses.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Originally, yes, except for that last part, those buses were supposedly going to Brooklyn with some going back to Manhattan.

However, Quill needed extra buses to completely send out the rest of the local LFSAs out to The Bronx. The new LFSA order didn't completely wipe them out, and the recent service adjustment to the M14A getting more service and more buses required more buses for the line. The new XD60s put an end to the local articulated fleet.

I feel like I've explained this to you and many others so many times and you still seem to forget why they also got XD60s.

They were ORIGINALLY going to get a small number of XD60s just to completely wipe out the local LFSA fleet, but needed more because of the M14A service increases. It wasn't just because of the M14 SBS launch. If they had just sent out the local LFSAs and not get anything back, they'd be down 18 buses.

I know that, I was just thinking, also I was answering a question. You see that’s why I said they got them for the sbs launch. I literally said what you just said.

I was on the M14A at 2am in the morning and realistically I wonder how long they are going to keep that very frequent night service up. It seemed that most trips had no more than 3-4 people on them. So I think it’s a matter of time before the MTA realizes this and cuts nighttime M14A service. I feel like most people just wait it out for the (L) instead of taking the M14 to the (J) & (M) trains. Even on the weekends I noticed that a lot of people simply get off at Lorimer Street and wait for the 8th Ave bound (L) . 

4 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I was on the M14A at 2am in the morning and realistically I wonder how long they are going to keep that very frequent night service up. It seemed that most trips had no more than 3-4 people on them. So I think it’s a matter of time before the MTA realizes this and cuts nighttime M14A service. I feel like most people just wait it out for the (L) instead of taking the M14 to the (J) & (M) trains. Even on the weekends I noticed that a lot of people simply get off at Lorimer Street and wait for the 8th Ave bound (L) . 

People will utilize the subway over a bus any day. I think the mta thought that since in the original plan many riders were going to displaced due to a full shutdown that they thought they were going to need the same bus treatments for the new plan. Fall is coming so I guess they’ll cut back on it. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The (L) runs at it's normal frequency at night and the service guide says every 60 minutes so I can see hourly M14A service coming back soon.

19 hours ago, Calvin said:

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but isn't that bad for the bus? Too bad it's a new bus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It is bad for any bus. I mean, the value of those gets ruined. It also increases intense cleaning out of a depot, plus the signs around the floors like "Watch Your Step" gets peeled or scrap faded. Even the electricity will get cut leading to break downs as by the lights on the floors like in the Xcelsiors that have lights either behind the seats even the driver seats(facing wheel wells) gets effected too.

Edited by King Transit
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, King Transit said:

It is bad for any bus. I mean, the value of those gets ruined. It also increases intense cleaning out of a depot, plus the signs around the floors like "Watch Your Step" gets peeled or scrap faded. Even the electricity will get cut leading to break downs as by the lights on the floors like in the Xcelsiors that have lights either behind the seats even the driver seats(facing wheel wells) gets effected too.

Well that sucks especially considering it was one of the 2019 LFSs. Man these buses have so much bad luck in Staten Island lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

nehw01.jpgNew wrap promo for Manhattan & Express Bus Divisions including Ulmer Park. 

Too bad the rest of the Brooklyn Division won’t receive these. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

On 8/1/2019 at 3:14 AM, Snorunts said:

I watched a video of one of the 2019 LFS buses (870?) get flooded. Hope the passengers, operator, and the bus itself are in good conditions now.

Yepp LFS 8708. 

13 hours ago, King Transit said:

I mean technically it was fine electronically as everything is built up for that reason. They're not gonna have electrical components at the bottom of the bus knowing buses travel through floods. 

They just need to make sure that bus is cleaned up before all that water causes the floor to erode and whatnot. 

• Thumbs Up 1