BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV been on the decline.

This dude has a whole playlist of QV. 

Edited by Q23 via 108

2 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV taken a huge nose dive.

Don’t believe what people say. QV has very good maintenance and it’s pretty underrated unlike Jamaica and Stengel. 

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t believe what people say. QV has very good maintenance and it’s pretty underrated unlike Jamaica and Stengel. 

That's what I thought. I've seen people put QV on the same level of GH, KB, and YU. I lived in Lefrak City for years and the Q88 has always been good to me. I used to take the Q46 a lot in my past, and even the Q27. Queens Village routes are long, so those buses are put to work, yet I have always seen QV hold it down. Made me a little confused to see a few diss QV like that.

2 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV been on the decline.

Dude is the Queens version of PinepowerLI... 

I stumbled upon his videos a while back and he nitpicked the smallest things about QV buses 😄

I never had an problem with an QV bus so their good in my book.

1 hour ago, Q23 via 108 said:

That's what I thought. I've seen people put QV on the same level of GH, KB, and YU. I lived in Lefrak City for years and the Q88 has always been good to me. I used to take the Q46 a lot in my past, and even the Q27. Queens Village routes are long, so those buses are put to work, yet I have always seen QV hold it down. Made me a little confused to see a few diss QV like that.

QV is one of the better depots in the system. The buses are usually clean and reliable. So whatever that guy is talking about, he is just doing it for attention. People will do and say anything for attention, and he is probably basing his bias off of one bad experience. 

None of the NYCT depots in Queens are bad at all when it comes to maintenance. I lived in Queens my whole life and ride bus routes from various Queens depots all the time. 

3 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Jesus christ this dude’s entire channel is a hot mess. I can’t tell if he’s trying to be a busfan piney news like guy or if he’s trying to be some strange hobby news outlet. Whatever the hell it is, YEESH.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Starting September 1st, there is no "Willamsburg link". Routes B91/A and 92 are off the list, that didn't last long. 

When you change up the (L) shutdown plan and want pretty buses as replacements and even though they get discontinued your goal of staying as emperor is accomplished:

6e6a7eb6-68bf-444b-8e65-0d84782967d1.jpg

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Starting September 1st, there is no "Willamsburg link". Routes B91/A and 92 are off the list, that didn't last long. 

I knew those buses wouldn't be utilized that well since the (L) still runs to Manhattan. What we should expect next is M14 service to get service cut especially at night cause I see a lot of empty buses. The only "extra service" I'd keep around and eventually make permanent is the (M) to 96th street on the weekends which provides northern Brooklyn with direct access to Midtown on the weekend cause honestly nobody should have to take the (J) and then wait for the (F) cause on the weekends the (F) can be pretty unreliable and infrequent when it gets hit with G.O's in Queens. 

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Dude is the Queens version of PinepowerLI...

I stumbled upon his videos a while back and he nitpicked the smallest things about QV buses 😄

I never had an problem with an QV bus so their good in my book.

3 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Jesus christ this dude’s entire channel is a hot mess. I can’t tell if he’s trying to be a busfan piney news like guy or if he’s trying to be some strange hobby news outlet. Whatever the hell it is, YEESH.

While IDK/IDC if Andy's RandomShit is trying to be like Piney Boy, I do know they've collaborated on a couple videos earlier this year & what a sad sight it was.... I can only take the transit misfit section of youtube in small doses before I have to stop watching the bitchfests they call videos..... It's a circlejerk of them, and these two characters are 2 of them.....

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

As a Queens resident, I'd have to say that Jamaica and Stengel are pretty good too.

The only reason Stengel and Jamaica's buses look rough is because they have much longer, and rougher routes than QV.

13 hours ago, Calvin said:

And the M14 SBS is the slowest bus in the city.

But it is getting replaced by the B62, which should get more service (mostly short-turns form LIC to WBP).

Edited by Lil 57

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

As a Queens resident, I'd have to say that Jamaica and Stengel are pretty good too.

The only reason Stengel and Jamaica's buses look rough is because they have much longer, and rougher routes than QV.

Yes, that is correct. Jamaica and Stengel both have good maintenance. In fact the Queens Division is very good when it comes to that. 

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

And the M14 SBS is the slowest bus in the city.

But it is getting replaced by the B62, which should get more service (mostly short-turns form LIC to WBP).

Makes me wonder what if the actual L train shutdown had happened, what would the original shuttle bus plan outcome have been? 

9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

While IDK/IDC if Andy's RandomShit is trying to be like Piney Boy, I do know they've collaborated on a couple videos earlier this year & what a sad sight it was.... I can only take the transit misfit section of youtube in small doses before I have to stop watching the bitchfests they call videos..... It's a circlejerk of them, and these two characters are 2 of them.....

The problem with Piney Boy is that he has a good point about NICE being crap but he doesn't know what he's talking about when he talks about the buses themselves. He makes it seem like the buses are at fault when NICE should have spec'd their buses better. And then the young transit fans (who also have no idea about anything) start spreading false information. Piney has a screw loose judging from his past videos. As for Andy, that dude is just an embarrassment. I don't get how people can just run their mouths while filming these days. Lmao.

41 minutes ago, Orionguy said:

The problem with Piney Boy is that he has a good point about NICE being crap but he doesn't know what he's talking about when he talks about the buses themselves. He makes it seem like the buses are at fault when NICE should have spec'd their buses better. And then the young transit fans (who also have no idea about anything) start spreading false information. Piney has a screw loose judging from his past videos. As for Andy, that dude is just an embarrassment. I don't get how people can just run their mouths while filming these days. Lmao.

No matter how NICE, or any agency specs the buses, they'll always break down due to deffered maintenance. And with how hard NICE runs their buses, it's bound to happen.