Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

nehw01.jpgNew wrap promo for Manhattan & Express Bus Divisions including Ulmer Park. 

Too bad the rest of the Brooklyn Division won’t receive these. 

Kinda unnecessary to have wraps like that, but what can I say, I guess it looks okay.

37 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Kinda unnecessary to have wraps like that, but what can I say, I guess it looks okay.

Yeh. This one you can’t really see outside at night. However, it’s been the norm as of late in the Manhattan Division. This particular wrap is better on express buses tho. 

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

nehw01.jpgNew wrap promo for Manhattan & Express Bus Divisions including Ulmer Park. 

Too bad the rest of the Brooklyn Division won’t receive these. 

A lot of express bus riders don't like them since they block the entire view.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Sheesh for a cash strapped agency like this they are trying to find additional revenue streams. Smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That's hardly surprising.

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sheesh for a cash strapped agency like this they are trying to find additional revenue streams. Smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

They always go about doing it the wrong way....

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Ain’t express bus windows already tinted? IJS. I mean for some it shouldn’t be a big deal. I remember years go when NYBS, Liberty, QSC and Command has entire full wraps on their buses. Those buses were a lot harder to see out the window. At least the TA hasn’t gone to extreme measure to have fully wrapped buses. 

Rear wraps need to make a brief comeback tho. 

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They always go about doing it the wrong way....

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Ain’t express bus windows already tinted? IJS. I mean for some it shouldn’t be a big deal. I remember years go when NYBS, Liberty, QSC and Command has entire full wraps on their buses. Those buses were a lot harder to see out the window. At least the TA hasn’t gone to extreme measure to have fully wrapped buses. 

Rear wraps need to make a brief comeback tho. 

I agree. 

No, they aren't tinted.  I think the signs as they are now are sufficient. No need to block the entire windows with them. There are also adds on the back too.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No, they aren't tinted.  I think the signs as they are now are sufficient. No need to block the entire windows with them. There are also ads on the back too.

With exception of the Prevosts = No rear ads  

MCI’s yes = Rear Ads. 

I despise those wraps so much. Makes it painful to look out the window since your eyes can't focus.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV been on the decline.

This dude has a whole playlist of QV. 

Edited by Q23 via 108
  • LMAO! 3

2 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV taken a huge nose dive.

Don’t believe what people say. QV has very good maintenance and it’s pretty underrated unlike Jamaica and Stengel. 

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t believe what people say. QV has very good maintenance and it’s pretty underrated unlike Jamaica and Stengel. 

That's what I thought. I've seen people put QV on the same level of GH, KB, and YU. I lived in Lefrak City for years and the Q88 has always been good to me. I used to take the Q46 a lot in my past, and even the Q27. Queens Village routes are long, so those buses are put to work, yet I have always seen QV hold it down. Made me a little confused to see a few diss QV like that.

2 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

So I was watching some Youtube and I stumbled upon a channel that all this dude does is talk bad about Queens Village Depot. I don't recall Queens Village being a bad depot. And I used to use QV routes a lot (Q46,Q88) and I always had a good impression of it. Is this dude trippin, or has QV been on the decline.

Dude is the Queens version of PinepowerLI... 

I stumbled upon his videos a while back and he nitpicked the smallest things about QV buses 😄

I never had an problem with an QV bus so their good in my book.

1 hour ago, Q23 via 108 said:

That's what I thought. I've seen people put QV on the same level of GH, KB, and YU. I lived in Lefrak City for years and the Q88 has always been good to me. I used to take the Q46 a lot in my past, and even the Q27. Queens Village routes are long, so those buses are put to work, yet I have always seen QV hold it down. Made me a little confused to see a few diss QV like that.

QV is one of the better depots in the system. The buses are usually clean and reliable. So whatever that guy is talking about, he is just doing it for attention. People will do and say anything for attention, and he is probably basing his bias off of one bad experience. 

None of the NYCT depots in Queens are bad at all when it comes to maintenance. I lived in Queens my whole life and ride bus routes from various Queens depots all the time. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Starting September 1st, there is no "Willamsburg link". Routes B91/A and 92 are off the list, that didn't last long. 

Edited by Calvin
  • LMAO! 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Starting September 1st, there is no "Willamsburg link". Routes B91/A and 92 are off the list, that didn't last long. 

That’s funny tbh. 

43 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Source.  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Source.  

Wait, scratch that.

Edited by Lex

3 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Jesus christ this dude’s entire channel is a hot mess. I can’t tell if he’s trying to be a busfan piney news like guy or if he’s trying to be some strange hobby news outlet. Whatever the hell it is, YEESH.

• LMAO! 2

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

When you change up the (L) shutdown plan and want pretty buses as replacements and even though they get discontinued your goal of staying as emperor is accomplished:

6e6a7eb6-68bf-444b-8e65-0d84782967d1.jpg

• LMAO! 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

I knew those buses wouldn't be utilized that well since the (L) still runs to Manhattan. What we should expect next is M14 service to get service cut especially at night cause I see a lot of empty buses. The only "extra service" I'd keep around and eventually make permanent is the (M) to 96th street on the weekends which provides northern Brooklyn with direct access to Midtown on the weekend cause honestly nobody should have to take the (J) and then wait for the (F) cause on the weekends the (F) can be pretty unreliable and infrequent when it gets hit with G.O's in Queens.