BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

18 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i wouldn't be surprised. if/when the demand for worth street grows, it'd be kinda convenient to have the M2 there as well, as opposed to only locals serving worth

Yes I agree especially being that there’s a major shopping center in that area & a great connection to the court houses, City Hall & the Brooklyn bridge 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New Flyer C40LF’s at Jackie Gleason still have the Oat Milk Ads, however 436 and 469 have the bigger sized ones that are typically found only on the Orion VII buses.

By the way, does anyone know when the remaining Oatly Ads will be removed from Jackie Gleason’s buses? I really get a good chuckle from them so I don’t mind them.

Edited by Snorunts

I was thinking of trying to go around the city (all 5 boroughs, maybe excluding Staten Island) on non-NYCT routes. Walking, MTAB, MNRR, LIRR, Bee-Line, NICE, all could work (as long as I can pay with either a MetroCard or some sort of phone app. I want to start and end in the same place. Any thoughts on my route or starting/ending point?

Thanks,

@New Flyer Xcelsior

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

The New Flyer C40LF’s at Jackie Gleason still have the Oat Milk Ads, however 436 and 469 have the bigger sized ones that are typically found only on the Orion VII buses.

By the way, does anyone know when the remaining Oatly Ads will be removed from Jackie Gleason’s buses? I really get a good chuckle from them so I don’t mind them.

A good chunk in the Brooklyn Division have them. (Matter of fact all of Brooklyn Division have them). Saw 436 on the 63 and that is correct on that assessment. Also, MQ/MV/MCH still have the oat milk ads. 

20 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

I was thinking of trying to go around the city (all 5 boroughs, maybe excluding Staten Island) on non-NYCT routes. Walking, MTAB, MNRR, LIRR, Bee-Line, NICE, all could work (as long as I can pay with either a MetroCard or some sort of phone app. I want to start and end in the same place. Any thoughts on my route or starting/ending point?

Thanks,

@New Flyer Xcelsior

Start at Flatlands Ave and E105. Take the B103 to Brooklyn College. Walk to Ave K take the Bm1/4 to Madison and 23 St. Take the Bxm7 to Co-op. Take the Q50 to Flushing. Q25/34/65 to Jamaica. Take the Q113/114 to Seagirt. Take the Q22 to B116. Take the Q35 to Brooklyn College. Take the B103 back. 

40 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

A good chunk in the Brooklyn Division have them. (Matter of fact all of Brooklyn Division have them). Saw 436 on the 63 and that is correct on that assessment. Also, MQ/MV/MCH still have the oat milk ads. 

The ad's on the rear of Manhattan buses appear to be a new 2nd campaign. I think the Brooklyn Division ones are holdovers from the original but I hope I'm wrong because I prefer them over the new Museum of Sex ones.

42 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Manhattan division only has them on the back. I've seen them still on a few SI/BK expresses as well, the smaller size. 

28 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

The ad's on the rear of Manhattan buses appear to be a new 2nd campaign. I think the Brooklyn Division ones are holdovers from the original but I hope I'm wrong because I prefer them over the new Museum of Sex ones.

Let’s see if Brooklyn Division gets updated with new Oat Milk ads later this week or early next week.

PS: Did Oat Milk sign another 6 week ad promo?

Edited by Future ENY OP

3 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Start at Flatlands Ave and E105. Take the B103 to Brooklyn College. Walk to Ave K take the Bm1/4 to Madison and 23 St. Take the Bxm7 to Co-op. Take the Q50 to Flushing. Q25/34/65 to Jamaica. Take the Q113/114 to Seagirt. Take the Q22 to B116. Take the Q35 to Brooklyn College. Take the B103 back. 

Other idea: (could this work?)

Start at Bryant Park. BM2 to Brooklyn College. Q35 to Rockaway Park. Q53 to Woodside. LIRR to Flushing. Q50 to Co-op City. Bee Line 45 to New Rochelle NH lne to GCT. Walk to Bryant Park

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Let’s see if Brooklyn Division gets updated with new Oat Milk ads later this week or early next week.

PS: Did Oat Milk sign another 6 week ad promo?

I don't know those particulars but I started to notice the ads on the back in the Manhattan division around the same time as the transition to the Museum of Sex ads

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

I don't know those particulars but I started to notice the ads on the back in the Manhattan division around the same time as the transition to the Museum of Sex ads

That is a copy. As you are correct with this. I've observed this on some MQ buses (they get everything), so does MCH and MV. Maybe one day the TA could go back to rear full wraps.

9 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is a copy. As you are correct with this. I've observed this on some MQ buses (they get everything), so does MCH and MV. Maybe one day the TA could go back to rear full wraps.

My favorite rear ad wrap was the "Bus lanes are for buses. Are you a bus?" campaign back when the NGs were new... They should bring that one back on the Select buses.

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

My favorite rear ad wrap was the "Bus lanes are for buses. Are you a bus?" campaign back when the NGs were new... They should bring that one back on the Select buses.

Yes. All the Manhattan Division buses & Flatbush had that rear wrap years ago. I agree they need to bring that on a SBS version with the same color.