BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

Type “Status of B38” on google and it should be one of the top links.

My guess is that Grand Avenue is giving their Next Generation buses to Fresh Pond and then East New York might receive some New Flyer XD40 buses in the 7850-7905 batch yet to be delivered.

I don’t think the 7850-7905 range is for Brooklyn and I will leave at that for now. The last I read that batch may be Bronx bound to West Farms. Unless something has changed. 

Yes. Just saw the (MTA) service advisory for the B38 and it is effective as of 9/2. 

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

Are there special transfers where you can transfer three times? I read somewhere that you could do this in some special areas. Does anybody know what these are?

Thanks!

They were listed on the wikipedia page for the MetroCard IIRC, I don't know if they still are...

3 hours ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

Are there special transfers where you can transfer three times? I read somewhere that you could do this in some special areas. Does anybody know what these are?

Thanks!

If you transfer to an SBS bus, you can transfer to another bus for free. For example, S55/S79SBS/B1. Or B3/B44SBS/B38, or S48/M15SBS/Bx15. 

I don't know about doing a local/sbs/sbs. 

6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

They were listed on the wikipedia page for the MetroCard IIRC, I don't know if they still are...

They are not still on :(

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

If you transfer to an SBS bus, you can transfer to another bus for free. For example, S55/S79SBS/B1. Or B3/B44SBS/B38, or S48/M15SBS/Bx15. 

I don't know about doing a local/sbs/sbs. 

Is this for any bus?

Thanks!

A few days ago, I was on an M60SBS to 106/Bway. I got off at 120/Bway (I was the only one on the bus), yet I tracked the bus on BusTime, and it continued to 106, but never went Northbound - probably deadheading to MJQ. Since you cannot board at Bway and 116, then why didn't the b/o just go directly onto the highway at 125 to get to MJQ faster?

22 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

A few days ago, I was on an M60SBS to 106/Bway. I got off at 120/Bway (I was the only one on the bus), yet I tracked the bus on BusTime, and it continued to 106, but never went Northbound - probably deadheading to MJQ. Since you cannot board at Bway and 116, then why didn't the b/o just go directly onto the highway at 125 to get to MJQ faster?

Because the right thing to do is finish the trip out. 

3 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

What does  drpbk on the run sheet stand for? 

drpbk means when you get to the terminal, you're supposed to drop off your passengers, then safely get to the back of the layover line, by going around the block in most cases, safely secure your bus and take your swing. on the paddle, it will be indicated as to your next departure time, be it 30 minutes, an hour 10 minutes, etc. you are not to pull in or pull out from the depot, and you are to use the same bus for your second half. not too many TA/OA depots (specifically local 100) utilize 'drpbk' technique, but that has increased drastically over the years. bus company depots (for what i believe to be obvious reasons) are the poster children of this technique. JFK Depot (at 165 terminal) Spring Creek Depot (at Cadman Plaza) Baisley Park Depot (Hillside/Parsons) just to name a few

7 hours ago, Gleasonbus7560 said:

Well today folks I saw Prottera 0019 in Tottenville around Target with Training Bus sign up wish I could have got a picture.,with looked like a bunch of Drivers and supervision on board, Charlston maybe got a look at it today.

7 hours ago, Gleasonbus7560 said:

Sorry guys it was 0018 ,I saw today by Target in Tottenville ,sorry for the error

18 and 19 were there for a press conference.

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Just a random thought. The M31 has no business being at OH..  Send it to MQ. Thought I said that. Have a nice day. 

It doesn't have any business being at MQ either honestly.

7 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Can Michael J. Quill fit another 20 buses in the depot?

In theory, yes. But logically, they'd have to lose the M86(since that kicked the M31 out of MQ).

@danielhg121 lmao, I'm deadass, it is the right thing to do. There are a couple other reasons as to why everyone goes to 106 but I don't want Quill killing me for giving away trade secrets. System pick coming up.

6 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

What does  drpbk on the run sheet stand for? 

@EastFlatbushLarry pretty much nailed it. On the TA side of things, dropbacks are more common on the hawks. Think I've only seen one paddle that had a dropback and a swing. 

16 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

@danielhg121 lmao, I'm deadass, it is the right thing to do. There are a couple other reasons as to why everyone goes to 106 but I don't want Quill killing me for giving away trade secrets. System pick coming up.

@EastFlatbushLarry pretty much nailed it. On the TA side of things, dropbacks are more common on the hawks. Think I've only seen one paddle that had a dropback and a swing. 

I've only seen 2 in my 10 years: M101 hawk. dropback at Cooper Union (i was on the extra list) and B41 hawk (summer pick extra list). dropback from Bergen Beach to Kings Plaza. 

16 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

I've only seen 2 in my 10 years: M101 hawk. dropback at Cooper Union (i was on the extra list) and B41 hawk (summer pick extra list). dropback from Bergen Beach to Kings Plaza. 

I've seen 2 myself as well over at MTV. M104 and M96. both hawks. I believe the M2 hawk has it as well.

Edited by Statty

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

I noticed the removal of  schedules at some stops but I thought it was honestly a mistake. I know how sloppy these people can be when changing info and I thought they would eventually put it back.

But it is funny what measures this agency will take in order to save money. At this rate they might as well remove the blue and yellow wraps and have the old blue and white scheme again. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

33 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I noticed the removal of  schedules at some stops but I thought it was honestly a mistake. I know how sloppy these people can be when changing info and I thought they would eventually put it back.

But it is funny what measures this agency will take in order to save money. At this rate they might as well remove the blue and yellow wraps and have the old blue and white scheme again. 

Been lost hope for NYC Transit. Time to invest in other locations.