Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

If anyone is interested, the following are the CP-->LG loans (so far...):

3573 Q65

3608 Q23

4037 Q23

How ironic that 7090 gets into an accident on it's fifth anniversary in service....it was on this date back in 2014 where it entered service.

• LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

How ironic that 7090 gets into an accident on it's fifth anniversary in service....it was on this date back in 2014 where it entered service.

What a HAPPY anniversary for 7090! 😒😒😒

And wow, I can’t believe it’s been FIVE YEARS already! Those buses don’t age....

27 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

What a HAPPY anniversary for 7090! 😒😒😒

And wow, I can’t believe it’s been FIVE YEARS already! Those buses don’t age....

Can't age that much when it has fiberglass panels.

• Upvote 1

I read something saying how B38/B38 LTD will start using articulated buses on September 2. I wonder if that is a true statement.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I read something saying how B38/B38 LTD will start using articulated buses on September 2. I wonder if that is a true statement.

Source?  Any posters up on bus stops and or buses to indicate that? 

My guess is that GA NG’s are going to both ENY & FP. However, I wonder if ENY is next to scrap their OG’s. So far only 1 has scrapped. 

16 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

On the B14 of all routes! This was not long after BusTime expanded citywide.

Separately, discounting the Orion 7 CNGs (which were life-limited by their tanks---the last ones were scrapped right as their tanks expired)...I notice that the lifespan of the Orion buses the MTA has gotten isn't nearly as long as that of other rigids...especially with the 6365-6489 batch completely gone and the 6490-6689 batch on its way out after just 14-15 years---some likely before their next battery replacements are due. (This while the 1996 Nova batch went 22+ years for some units and the 1999 Novas went 20+ years for many.) The 1995-1996 batch of Orions were scrapped after just 13-14 years as well, and the last batch (the 6000-6349 batch) after 15-16 years. If there wasn't such a push to Buy New York, might the MTA have considered New Flyer instead? (I recall that one of those orders was actually placed as a sole-source procurement which was laughable.)

Edited by aemoreira81

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Source?  Any posters up on bus stops and or buses to indicate that? 

My guess is that GA NG’s are going to both ENY & FP. However, I wonder if ENY is next to scrap their OG’s. So far only 1 has scrapped. 

Type “Status of B38” on google and it should be one of the top links.

My guess is that Grand Avenue is giving their Next Generation buses to Fresh Pond while East New York might receive some New Flyer XD40 buses in the 7850-7905 batch yet to be delivered.

Edited by Snorunts

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

Type “Status of B38” on google and it should be one of the top links.

My guess is that Grand Avenue is giving their Next Generation buses to Fresh Pond and then East New York might receive some New Flyer XD40 buses in the 7850-7905 batch yet to be delivered.

I don’t think the 7850-7905 range is for Brooklyn and I will leave at that for now. The last I read that batch may be Bronx bound to West Farms. Unless something has changed. 

Yes. Just saw the (MTA) service advisory for the B38 and it is effective as of 9/2. 

Are there special transfers where you can transfer three times? I read somewhere that you could do this in some special areas. Does anybody know what these are?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

Are there special transfers where you can transfer three times? I read somewhere that you could do this in some special areas. Does anybody know what these are?

Thanks!

They were listed on the wikipedia page for the MetroCard IIRC, I don't know if they still are...

8 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Whenever the fall pick begins, is when the line is supposedly getting the artics.

3 hours ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

Thanks!

If you transfer to an SBS bus, you can transfer to another bus for free. For example, S55/S79SBS/B1. Or B3/B44SBS/B38, or S48/M15SBS/Bx15. 

I don't know about doing a local/sbs/sbs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well today folks I saw Prottera 0019 in Tottenville around Target with Training Bus sign up wish I could have got a picture.,with looked like a bunch of Drivers and supervision on board, Charlston maybe got a look at it today.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Just a random thought. The M31 has no business being at OH..  Send it to MQ. Thought I said that. Have a nice day. 

Can Michael J. Quill fit another 20 buses in the depot?

6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

They were listed on the wikipedia page for the MetroCard IIRC, I don't know if they still are...

They are not still on :(

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

If you transfer to an SBS bus, you can transfer to another bus for free. For example, S55/S79SBS/B1. Or B3/B44SBS/B38, or S48/M15SBS/Bx15. 

I don't know about doing a local/sbs/sbs. 

Is this for any bus?

Thanks!

A few days ago, I was on an M60SBS to 106/Bway. I got off at 120/Bway (I was the only one on the bus), yet I tracked the bus on BusTime, and it continued to 106, but never went Northbound - probably deadheading to MJQ. Since you cannot board at Bway and 116, then why didn't the b/o just go directly onto the highway at 125 to get to MJQ faster?

22 minutes ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

A few days ago, I was on an M60SBS to 106/Bway. I got off at 120/Bway (I was the only one on the bus), yet I tracked the bus on BusTime, and it continued to 106, but never went Northbound - probably deadheading to MJQ. Since you cannot board at Bway and 116, then why didn't the b/o just go directly onto the highway at 125 to get to MJQ faster?

Because the right thing to do is finish the trip out. 

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 1

36 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

What does  drpbk on the run sheet stand for? 

Dropback = meal/rest (taking a break) at the terminal of the route

• Upvote 2

Question out of left field about Bus Time. When I click on the B6 route many times it doesn’t show any buses on the road. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else had this issue? Just curious. Carry on.

3 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

What does  drpbk on the run sheet stand for? 

drpbk means when you get to the terminal, you're supposed to drop off your passengers, then safely get to the back of the layover line, by going around the block in most cases, safely secure your bus and take your swing. on the paddle, it will be indicated as to your next departure time, be it 30 minutes, an hour 10 minutes, etc. you are not to pull in or pull out from the depot, and you are to use the same bus for your second half. not too many TA/OA depots (specifically local 100) utilize 'drpbk' technique, but that has increased drastically over the years. bus company depots (for what i believe to be obvious reasons) are the poster children of this technique. JFK Depot (at 165 terminal) Spring Creek Depot (at Cadman Plaza) Baisley Park Depot (Hillside/Parsons) just to name a few

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1