BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Guys... Just wondering here. Are there any routes that you feel should be at a certain depot as opposed to where they are currently at right now?

I'm making this list based strictly on my personal opinion, not on union or managerial logic...

B3 - split with FB

B4 - Flatbush (would share same deadhead to/from knapp street as B44) 

B7 - either FB or EN

B8 - either EN or UP

B9 - Flatbush

B13 - split between Spring Creek & FP

B14 - Spring Creek

B15 - split JFK Depot & EN (elderts Lane short signs out of Spring Creek)

B17 - Spring Creek

B20 - FP... am rush split with Spring Creek. pm rush split with EN

B43 - Grand Avenue

B47 - Flatbush

B48 - Grand Avenue

B60 - EN

B84 - Spring Creek

B100 - Flatbush

Q3 - JFK

Q8 - Spring Creek

Q11 - JFK

Q18 - Grand Avenue

Q20 - CP

Q23 - LG

Q29 - FP

Q31 - JA

Q32 - LG

Q35 - Flatbush

Q38 - FP

Q39 - FP

Q44 - split WF & JA

Q52 - Far Rock

Q58 - Fresh Pond

Q64 - Jamaica

Q110 - Queens Village

Q112 - Jamaica

M2 - Hale

M35 - 100 Street

M60 - split LG & MCH

M79 - 100 Street

M86 - 100 Street

M96/106 - 100 Street

M102 - MCH

M116 - 100 Street

Bx4 - WF

Bx5 - WF

Bx8 - GH

Bx9 - WF

Bx12 Lcl - KB

Bx15 - KB

Bx16 - Eastchester

Bx19 - MCH

Bx22 - WF

Bx30 - Eastchester

Bx31 - Eastchester

Bx32 - MCH

Bx33 - MCH

Bx34 - Eastchester

Bx39 - West Farms

Bx40/42 - West Farms

Bx41 - KB

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

6 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

For both express & local? If anything I would think they would eliminate Hatfield Place since there's no corresponding southbound stop

On the local bus, they take you straight to Castleton. Last Friday when I took the SIM3C, I had to tell the b/o I was getting off for her to acknowledge me. I agree with the Hatfield place comment. Hopefully the (MTA) doesn't make the express go non-stop from Walker to Jewett in the NB direction, that's too far of a distance between stops.

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

B25 doesn’t stop at Tillary Street/Cadman Plaza (or whatever the stop is called right when the B25 turns) anymore, but the nice driver saw me getting up from my seat and offered to let me out. 🙂

They moved the B38 stop up for artic layovers. Personally what i think they should have done was move the B25 and B103 stop across the street and have the 38 stop by itself

2 hours ago, Train92 said:

They moved the B38 stop up for artic layovers. Personally what i think they should have done was move the B25 and B103 stop across the street and have the 38 stop by itself

Agree with letting the B38 have Tillary to itself....

Even before the B38's artic conversion or whatever, I never cared for the B103 ending (or even picking up) on Tillary.... The last NB/first SB stop should be right over there along Cadman Plaza W. by the elevator for the Borough Hall subway.... Some (I'd argue most) B103 drivers take their layover there anyway....

25 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Agree with letting the B38 have Tillary to itself....

Even before the B38's artic conversion or whatever, I never cared for the B103 ending (or even picking up) on Tillary.... The last NB/first SB stop should be right over there along Cadman Plaza W. by the elevator for the Borough Hall subway.... Some (I'd argue most) B103 drivers take their layover there anyway....

Yep, agreed. Most 103 ops end at Montague/Borough Hall (2)(3)(4)(5)(N)(R)  They may want to change that sign to Borough Hall via Canarsie. Cadman Plaza is becoming increasingly crowded with all these buses. 

The B41 may need to return back to Front Street with the B25. I never understood to why they cut that to terminate at Cadman Plaza. 

26 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

The B41 may need to return back to Front Street with the B25. I never understood to why they cut that to terminate at Cadman Plaza. 

Low use, unnecessary length on one of the longer (and ridiculously unreliable) Brooklyn routes...

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

That’s a copy. However, that needs to be pet project with the TA. FIX THE DAMM 41. ha. 

That route needs TSP, ADB, bus lanes, and artics at no less than the current frequencies. The route has a bad history with inadequacy (as in, well before I was even a thought). Hell, you can even see it with the shit-ton of unauthorized minibuses on Flatbush Avenue...

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

That route needs TSP, ADB, bus lanes, and artics at no less than the current frequencies. The route has a bad history with inadequacy (as in, well before I was even a thought). Hell, you can even see it with the shit-ton of unauthorized minibuses on Flatbush Avenue...

I see those unauthorized vans every morning during my commute to Downtown Brooklyn. Just get rid of those with increased police enforcement. Life could be just a bit easier for the 41. 

55 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I see those unauthorized vans every morning during my commute to Downtown Brooklyn. Just get rid of those with increased police enforcement. Life could be just a bit easier for the 41. 

removal of the unauthorized vans will marginally help... traffic as a whole will still partially impede 41's in totality 

Just seen a conga line of B38 artics heading to Ridgewood- 5 buses to be exact.  Oh yea boarded 4760. Bus is very filthy. Hopefully when it’s time for better maintenance GA will make them like new.  /sarcasm  

In advertising news: NBA2K20 ads are hitting the streets of Manhattan and Manhattan Division has quite a few- Quill & MCH. NO wrap yet. However, knowing the Manhattan Division & express bus Divisions wraps will be available shortly. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

3 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Today, I saw an Orion NG on 110 St going WB at Broadway, signed up as the M116 to E. Harlem. What was this? Also, I saw 4273 on the M4 SB stop at 110/Bway, discharge all its passengers, and then lay over right there. What happened??

The driver on the M4 was probably told to turn around because of a possible gap in service. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

For both express & local? If anything I would think they would eliminate Hatfield Place since there's no corresponding southbound stop

Some agency/contractor was doing construction in the immediate area, the sidewalk appears to be new - perhaps they damaged the sign and it needs to be replaced? I continue to service the stop when I do the s57 and s59.

FWIW, I await for them to fix the s62 sign at Victory Blvd/Alberta Ave that I suspect (but cannot prove) was deliberately vandalized (due to the tone it emitted (emphasis on the past tense)) and a sign for the SIM31 Drop Off on Bradley and N. Gannon Rd among other things that shouldn't be difficult to address.

ICYMI, the Richmond Ave/Signs Road (S/B) stop for the s44/s94/s59/SIMxx buses was damaged, likely some accident (pole completely bent) and fully replaced with correct signage in less than five (5) business days.

Edited by 161 New York

Does Casey Stengel depot uses two types of color logos? or one is outdated.  I've seen some of the buses with the RTS and the pitcher field in aqua blue with others such as 4725 has the field in orange. 

Edited by Calvin

11 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Does Casey Stengel depot uses two types of color logos? or one is outdated.  I've seen some of the buses with the RTS and the pitcher field in aqua blue with others such as 4725 has the field in orange. 

The orange one is the newer one. Why it was done, I have no idea. Some Xcelsiors have the original colors though.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

On 9/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, 161 New York said:

Some agency/contractor was doing construction in the immediate area, the sidewalk appears to be new - perhaps they damaged the sign and it needs to be replaced? I continue to service the stop when I do the s57 and s59.

FWIW, I await for them to fix the s62 sign at Victory Blvd/Alberta Ave that I suspect (but cannot prove) was deliberately vandalized (due to the tone it emitted (emphasis on the past tense)) and a sign for the SIM31 Drop Off on Bradley and N. Gannon Rd among other things that shouldn't be difficult to address.

ICYMI, the Richmond Ave/Signs Road (S/B) stop for the s44/s94/s59/SIMxx buses was damaged, likely some accident (pole completely bent) and fully replaced with correct signage in less than five (5) business days.

I'mma file a complaint since it's been over a week (possibly more) and they are still skipping that stop.