Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

55 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I see those unauthorized vans every morning during my commute to Downtown Brooklyn. Just get rid of those with increased police enforcement. Life could be just a bit easier for the 41. 

removal of the unauthorized vans will marginally help... traffic as a whole will still partially impede 41's in totality 

• Upvote 2

Just seen a conga line of B38 artics heading to Ridgewood- 5 buses to be exact.  Oh yea boarded 4760. Bus is very filthy. Hopefully when it’s time for better maintenance GA will make them like new.  /sarcasm  

In advertising news: NBA2K20 ads are hitting the streets of Manhattan and Manhattan Division has quite a few- Quill & MCH. NO wrap yet. However, knowing the Manhattan Division & express bus Divisions wraps will be available shortly. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

Today, I saw an Orion NG on 110 St going WB at Broadway, signed up as the M116 to E. Harlem. What was this? Also, I saw 4273 on the M4 SB stop at 110/Bway, discharge all its passengers, and then lay over right there. What happened??

3 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Today, I saw an Orion NG on 110 St going WB at Broadway, signed up as the M116 to E. Harlem. What was this? Also, I saw 4273 on the M4 SB stop at 110/Bway, discharge all its passengers, and then lay over right there. What happened??

The driver on the M4 was probably told to turn around because of a possible gap in service. 

4435: Fresh Pond now sporting a wrap. Couldn’t really catch it this morning as I was driving through Lincoln Road & Flatbush Avenue. 

Since that bus came from GA my indication is that bus came to FP already wrapped from GA. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

For both express & local? If anything I would think they would eliminate Hatfield Place since there's no corresponding southbound stop

Some agency/contractor was doing construction in the immediate area, the sidewalk appears to be new - perhaps they damaged the sign and it needs to be replaced? I continue to service the stop when I do the s57 and s59.

FWIW, I await for them to fix the s62 sign at Victory Blvd/Alberta Ave that I suspect (but cannot prove) was deliberately vandalized (due to the tone it emitted (emphasis on the past tense)) and a sign for the SIM31 Drop Off on Bradley and N. Gannon Rd among other things that shouldn't be difficult to address.

ICYMI, the Richmond Ave/Signs Road (S/B) stop for the s44/s94/s59/SIMxx buses was damaged, likely some accident (pole completely bent) and fully replaced with correct signage in less than five (5) business days.

Edited by 161 New York
  • Upvote 2

Does Casey Stengel depot uses two types of color logos? or one is outdated.  I've seen some of the buses with the RTS and the pitcher field in aqua blue with others such as 4725 has the field in orange. 

Edited by Calvin

11 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Does Casey Stengel depot uses two types of color logos? or one is outdated.  I've seen some of the buses with the RTS and the pitcher field in aqua blue with others such as 4725 has the field in orange. 

The orange one is the newer one. Why it was done, I have no idea. Some Xcelsiors have the original colors though.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, 161 New York said:

Some agency/contractor was doing construction in the immediate area, the sidewalk appears to be new - perhaps they damaged the sign and it needs to be replaced? I continue to service the stop when I do the s57 and s59.

FWIW, I await for them to fix the s62 sign at Victory Blvd/Alberta Ave that I suspect (but cannot prove) was deliberately vandalized (due to the tone it emitted (emphasis on the past tense)) and a sign for the SIM31 Drop Off on Bradley and N. Gannon Rd among other things that shouldn't be difficult to address.

ICYMI, the Richmond Ave/Signs Road (S/B) stop for the s44/s94/s59/SIMxx buses was damaged, likely some accident (pole completely bent) and fully replaced with correct signage in less than five (5) business days.

I'mma file a complaint since it's been over a week (possibly more) and they are still skipping that stop.

2hs51qb.jpg

New driverside wrap for Brooklyn Division. So far: Flatbush, Grand Avenue and Fresh Pond NG’s are in receipt of this wrap campaign also to include Ulmer Park express buses. There has to be a way to put these on the exisiting XD40’s and also to see more wraps in the division.  

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

2hs51qb.jpg

New driverside wrap for Brooklyn Division. So far: Flatbush, Grand Avenue and Fresh Pond NG’s are in receipt of this wrap campaign also to include Ulmer Park express buses. There has to be a way to put these on the exisiting XD40’s and also to see more wraps in the division.  

Outfront and/or the transit agencies must have changed the rate card, and ad customers are scaling back. SMART has been getting those applied (BJ's Wholesale Club [coming to Michigan], Shipt grocery delivery service, some health system) within the past two months, except they go into the headliner. So on your example, "ybrid Electric Bus" would get covered. Those ads in the past would more than likely have been a full side wrap, leading me to believe prices have gone up somewhat significantly.

Haven't been out scoping the DDOT action in the City due to work scheduling, but on a few recent brief visits, it's looking like DDOT has relegated its 2004 D40LF fleet with Detroit Diesel DD50s to spare status. ALL of the Xcelsiors are out weekdays (2015-2018 with 19's on the way), the 2012 Gilligs and 2010 D40LFs also pounding the pavement. XD40s are out in force on weekends, even the most recent 17s/18s, something that wasn't done before (when the 15/16 XD40s came in, they were weekday only with maintenance on weekends). Maybe some of the DD50s are out on weekends, but on fill-in status only. Another era ends.

Edited by DetSMART45

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

2hs51qb.jpg

I've seen these on Manhattanville buses too

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

2hs51qb.jpg

4424 from Flatbush Depot has it. I saw it on the B41 this morning.

No standard Xcelsiors on the B38 outside today. Currently, the B38 has over 40+ 4700 XD-60s to cover service. 

56 minutes ago, Calvin said:

No standard Xcelsiors on the B38 outside today. Currently, the B38 has over 40+ 4700 XD-60s to cover service. 

One 72xx unit was out this afternoon.

• Like 1

I have this funny feeling that the crosstowns in Manhattan will be left alone and the north-south routes will be tinkered with in the redesign. 

On board 5550 on the Bx12 +Select from Fordham University to Fordham Rd (4) train, the rear of the LFSA: the aqua blue was peeled off (but not entirely). 

Edited by Calvin

24 minutes ago, Calvin said:

On board 5550 on the Bx12 +Select from Fordhan University to Fordham Rd (4) train, the rear of the LFSA: the aqua blue was peeled off (but not entirely). 

Typical Gun Hill... You should've seen the tagged up rear of 5561

2 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

I have this funny feeling that the crosstowns in Manhattan will be left alone and the north-south routes will be tinkered with in the redesign. 

You can't do much with the crosstowns besides send them up or down different streets to the terminal. North and South routes have more room to be messed with. 

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

On board 5550 on the Bx12 +Select from Fordham University to Fordham Rd (4) train, the rear of the LFSA: the aqua blue was peeled off (but not entirely). 

Damm. Gun Hill can't take care of it's buses.. Lowkey Gun Hill is the old Yukon with shotty maintenance..

23 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

As they should, we don't want tires falling off now

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156469543587541&id=268914272540

now we're doing a blasted slowdown... anything they can do to slander us, they'll do. how ironic is it that only during contract time are we painted as villains. this isn't out of the norm for management or the union to do, especially at MJQ or ENY (letalone ANY division hq, such as WF, etc... there are always a multitude of managerial eyes around Quill, WF, ENY during am and midday pullouts... nothing new) there's been alot of mileage swaps and other moving parts at all 3 yards, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for the union to take interest in ensuring that the units received from MaBSTOA or Staten Island are road ready. and by the way, on pull outs, we're supposed to conduct full inspections anyway... hazard lights, wheelchair ramps, engine door security, etc. such a non story. 

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Damm. Gun Hill can't take care of it's buses.. Lowkey Gun Hill is the old Yukon with shotty maintenance..

They’ve gone thru 3 fleet changes with SBS just to rotate their shit buses out. In contrast, the M15 just had their first fleet change this year.

The Bx12 and M15 started SBS about a year apart (if not less)

Edited by paulrivera