Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Shit like this affecting how much time I have left in the day when I get home is why I moved the hell away, to a place that actually funds service improvements and artics, because it turns out you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

No one, from the city to the state to the MTA, is actually going to fix the problem, because they would rather play games and score points against the others. The next constitutional convention for the state is in 20 years, so good luck with that.

... and even with the next convention (potentially) sh*t in New York State will never change. When you have politics dictate the state of transportation than things won’t change in NYC. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

Speaking of Artic, the B46 +SBS+ is next in the January Pick.

January Pick starts on 1/5/20, correct? (That’s the first Sunday of the month).

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I believe so sir. 

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Technically yes. However, that could be subject to change as all things with the (MTA)

• Upvote 1

They should allow taxis, Uber’s, and Lyfts drive along bus lanes, it can help ease up traffic from regular passenger traffic. 

10 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

They should allow taxis, Uber’s, and Lyfts drive along bus lanes, it can help ease up traffic from regular passenger traffic. 

Absolutely not... It's a bus lane not a ride share lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

If you look at the cars in Manhattan, most of the cars are taxis and ride share services. And that would discourage using buses even more.

Edited by Lil 57

3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Sir. Are you completely outta ya mind. Why u think the city HAD to put CAPS on the for-hire services. Bad enough the (MTA) has gotten worse since the 1990’s where bus speeds were on average. It’s totally horrendous now and it’s time for them to finally address the issue. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sir. Are you completelyoutta ya mind. Why u think the city HAD to put CAPS on the for-hire services. Bad enough the (MTA) has gotten worse since the 1990’s where bus speeds were on average. It’s totally horrendous now and it’s time for them to finally address the issue. 

My thought was to combine traffic made for transit into use via a lane to take away from regular single use traffic. 

Just now, Brillant93 said:

My thought was to combine traffic made for transit into use via a lane to take away from regular single use traffic. 

Negative on that aspect. 

11 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I'm gonna need you to ride the M15-SBS during the peak of rush hour to see what those cabs do in the bus lanes during the rush hour and see if that's still a good idea.

With the amount of cabs/ubers/lyfts that are already in the city, all you're going to do is make the bus lane obsolete.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Well, we'll be waiting a bit longer to see what the final Bronx map will look like.

Sadly, I was hoping it’ll come out this month like it was stated.

12 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

TBTA has an Eagle team now.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Several months late on that, they started on Staten Island months ago lol.

11 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

What’s tbta? 

Triborough Bridges & Tunnels Authority.

43 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Several months late on that, they started on Staten Island months ago lol.

Well.... They're in the Bronx now. Saw them checking the Bx12 earlier.

'bout time they hit the Bronx routes, too.

4 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

Are the S55/56 the 2 least used in the system?

I believe the B39 has less ridership. But other than the B39, the S55/56 routes are the least used in the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought I posted this, but I saw an old MCI (#3317) on the back of a tow truck on Sunrise Highway eastbound.  Was it on the way to Atlantic DD in Ronkonkoma?