BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Imagine nearly an hour gap in service on two limited stop routes with a combined headway of 12 minutes, because the amount of fare evasion on said routes is so rampant, the routes are basically neglected & left for dead.

30+ people waiting at each stop in Jamaica too.

All that’s left is to use O7’s instead of XD60’s & you’ve completed the recipe.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Axis said:

Imagine nearly an hour gap in service on two limited stop routes with a combined headway of 12 minutes, because the amount of fare evasion on said routes is so rampant, the routes are basically neglected & left for dead.

Q5/85? 

2 hours ago, Axis said:

1 minute ago, NBTA said:

Q5/85? 

This sounds like the Q113/Q114...😟

4 hours ago, Axis said:

After your claim about missing the so-called "last Q44 of the night". I have doubts when it comes to any sort of credibility with your constant complaints.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

After your claim about missing the so-called "last Q44 of the night". I have doubts when it comes to any sort of credibility with your constant complaints.

Not my fault no one else on this forum uses the Brewer Blvd routes often enough to understand.

17 hours ago, NBTA said:

Q5/85? 

Nah, the masses basically pile on at Jamaica Center... The Merrick/Archer stop sees much lesser usage; moderate at best....

With the Brewer routes however, he's right.... There's usually mounds of people waiting for them at any of those stops along Archer....

12 hours ago, Axis said:

Not my fault no one else on this forum uses the Brewer Blvd routes often enough to understand.

It isn't anyone else's fault that you continually incessantly whimper about some facet of this anomalous, long distance, multi-legged commute you just have to make known somehow on here....

I personally don't care if you're fabricating any of this or not, but our supposed lack of understanding of the crowding & farebeating on the Brewer routes isn't remotely the issue here...

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

exactly. Q3, Q10 & B15 are all about airport employees.

....and the M60 & Q70 are about airport travelers.

I see a trend.... The routes that the MTA does advertise, attracts out-of-towners & the ones that they don't, remain dormant continue to fall to the wayside.... The lack of advertising of public buses has been a talking point of mine & it shouldn't have had to have taken SBS for them to be proactive in this category....

1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

Don't know if its just me, but I have rarely seen people with luggage on the Q10. I've seen more airport workers on that bus then travelers. 

Oh, it aint just you & you're not going to see much of 'em either.... Toting around luggage/baggage coming off Lefferts (A) or 121st (J) is a PITA & god help anyone with baggage waiting in that epic line for the bus at QB, to then have to ride the full route just to get to the airport....

14 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

exactly. Q3, Q10 & B15 are all about airport employees.

And the cheapskates.

Little known fact tho: On the weekends, the Q10 actually has more service by itself than the (E) and the Airtrain out of Jamaica combined, so at least on Saturday and Sunday transferring between the Q10 and the (E) and (F) at Kew Gardens will treat you better (especially if the (E) is via 6th or the (F) via 8th) than transferring between the (E) and the Airtrain at Jamaica.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Will Queens Village still need 40 NG’s once the winter pick begins? Hopefully some will go to Fresh Pond to retire more 2005’s.

That depends on the pick itself and how much work is available(if they lost any or gained any).